Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shadowlz posted:

Why does this game keep putting me in Brazilian servers? How do I change my region?

Move out of Brazil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

fix your rates

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Interstellar Owl posted:

Last night at launch I was having no issue finding matches.

Multilayer isn't even avaliable for me right now, although I just installed it so it may need some time for catchup (ps4)

E. Fixed now, seems that Uplay was the issue, as always

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 2, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

AbortRetryFail posted:

The Russian guy with the machine gun has the best intro video I've found so far. Any other good ones? This is how I choose unlocks.

Thatcher is pretty good.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I like the Situation missions, they could be a bit more directed if they are trying to act as a tutorial but they are challenging enough that they aren't irritating.

Need siegebros: psn Rayst191

This is the GOTW for the big goon group on psn as well

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

It is really god drat hard moving between BF Hardline, Blops 3 and this game but I'm doing it anyway! Controls were floaty as gently caress until I fixed the "dead zone" which is really stupid in a shooter. Fun game overall but I wish there was a campaign.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
"If an attacker drops the hostage in electrified barbed wire/reinforced walls and dies, the attackers will win."

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

So far the MVP of the hostage defense rounds I have played has been Attacker That Accidentally Grenades Hostage Because He Forgets What Mode He Is In.

Good going, bro, drinks after work.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The bombers are stupidly tanky on Realistic. They should not survive 8 shotgun shells to the head, I have to say.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
We're getting pretty good at Hostage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMk4SMqaBB0

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Dezztroy posted:

The bombers are stupidly tanky on Realistic. They should not survive 8 shotgun shells to the head, I have to say.

They aren't very fun at all I think.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this games fun and im really bad at it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Welp, the new Nvidia drivers dropped my framerate by ~20-30 on maps where it ran at a flawless 60.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

After you left we had another where it came down 1v1, me as Glaz, defender barricaded in another room, hostage in that lovely House layout. Vaulted in back window pistol out, YOINK, vault back out, mission success.

I think hostage might be my favorite mode.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Are there any hidden downsides to the compensator weapon part like there is with the flash hider making your gunshots louder?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

pandaK posted:

Are there any hidden downsides to the compensator weapon part like there is with the flash hider making your gunshots louder?

Is this actually a thing?

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Dezztroy posted:

Is this actually a thing?

no

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nope on both counts. Always compensate, always foregrip, never ACOG, laser at your discretion but other people can see it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Damage is really weird in this game. How does the P90 mange to do 80 damage in one hit against heavy armor?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Orv posted:

Nope on both counts. Always compensate, always foregrip, never ACOG, laser at your discretion but other people can see it.

what's wrong with acog, another goon specifically recommended that scope, have i been trolled

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

It is really god drat hard moving between BF Hardline, Blops 3 and this game but I'm doing it anyway! Controls were floaty as gently caress until I fixed the "dead zone" which is really stupid in a shooter. Fun game overall but I wish there was a campaign.

What did you do to fix the dead zone? I wish there was a little bit of slowdown when you first start to move the left stick to aim, it's really finicky and I tend to overshoot those tight shots.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

What did you do to fix the dead zone? I wish there was a little bit of slowdown when you first start to move the left stick to aim, it's really finicky and I tend to overshoot those tight shots.

Conversely, I hate all these modern shooters and their tendencies to permanently have some form of mouse smoothing going on. It could be the most subtle of effects and it still trips me over now. Whatever happened to simply having proper 1:1 mouse movement in these games like Counter Strike has maintained? Is it really just to make it more "realistic"?

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

pandaK posted:

what's wrong with acog, another goon specifically recommended that scope, have i been trolled

It's not great for cqc and since most gunfights are room to room in this game...

Also it kills your peripheral vision on ADS. I prefer the holo, it's bulky but it's got a small dot for precision shot and the big ring for those "first to fire wins" moments.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

pandaK posted:

Conversely, I hate all these modern shooters and their tendencies to permanently have some form of mouse smoothing going on. It could be the most subtle of effects and it still trips me over now. Whatever happened to simply having proper 1:1 mouse movement in these games like Counter Strike has maintained? Is it really just to make it more "realistic"?

I'm with you on that, but you know, for PC. I'm playing this on the xbox and sticks are more fiddly than a mouse.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pandaK posted:

The ratio of Situations An ACOG Is The Right Choice/Useful vs Situations It Is Not is around 1,000:1. A holo will be sufficient at all ranges you might desire an ACOG at, unless you're rocking 20/100 or something.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Yeah, only stick an acog on the 417 or something where first shot will gently caress them the hell up, as Orv says it's not worth it when you can use one of the other red dots (Not a fan of that triangle one) will do the job just fine.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I've been forcing myself to use the triangle sight because of the scope iteslf being the best one (obscures the least) and it's not bad once you get used to it. I wish I could just put the Russian sights on my western guns though.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Baaaaahhhh gently caress it. Was able to pick it up for $26 bucks for PC and could not resist. I have been so weak this holiday season.

I dropped 2k on my daughter so I don't feel too bad.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Dezztroy posted:

I've been forcing myself to use the triangle sight because of the scope iteslf being the best one (obscures the least) and it's not bad once you get used to it. I wish I could just put the Russian sights on my western guns though.

i also like the triangle sight over the others for best peripheral vision. it also looks fabulous on every gun. but i guess I need to go back to high school geometry because my brain has issues processing the dead center of the triangle reticle for mid-long range shots. Why couldn't it be a chevron?

good thing mid-long situation never happens though

a few of the friends I play with swear by the acog, but they come from games where you don't stay in ADS ever, preferring to just ADS once you've already aimed at the guy. They also don't lean so there's that too.

one thing I noticed with the ACOG though, is that it does help with breaching windows/doors from the outside, because all of the operators have really awful eye adaptation when looking inside a building from daylight whilst using a sight or unaimed

also 90% of the ironsights in this game are loving unusable compared to any/all sights

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

"If an attacker drops the hostage in electrified barbed wire/reinforced walls and dies, the attackers will win."

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So far the MVP of the hostage defense rounds I have played has been Attacker That Accidentally Grenades Hostage Because He Forgets What Mode He Is In.

Good going, bro, drinks after work.
I bet Ubisoft wishes they kept the hostage mode in the betas now.

Hahaha this is great. I love how fast you run with the hostage, right out the window and off a one story drop like it's nothing.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
anyone know how the armor/speed stats work? is it like the old r6's? or maybe the T1 T2 T3 ballistic system whatever realistic thing? Or just a bigger health bar like I figured? Also rook's plates?

protips: you run faster with just your pistol out (no shield/primary gun/iq sensor)

TAA sucks unless you're 4k resolution or abuse the lumasharpen filter in sweetfx/reshade. Regardless of AA settings, I can see targets better after using reshade to sharpen the image

as attackers, there's usually two cameras outside the building, and a number of them inside that the defenders can see you through. Outside, they usually hang off lampposts. Inside, they're usually in corners or the ceiling of a hallway. They look like the iimage below. loving shoot them ASAP

Leaving part of a drywall unreinforced is great to shoot through if you have more people in the room than access points; two people shooting at the same door/window/wall is usually stupid

Don't ever linger in front of doorways, because proned people can see your toesies and will just shoot at where they figure your head/tummy is

don't breaching charge boarded up doors or windows for gods sake. not only do you make noise doing it, they can get EMP'd or shot out, with you behind it. Just melee it once or twice, toss a flash through, then vault in. Breaching charges are loud and only good for distracting or blowing up drywall which you usually can't melee

Shotguns suck at anything outside of point blank range, but they are really drat good for shooting through drywall

Lasers on Pistols and Shotties, not normal guns. Enemies can see your laser so its only good for guns designed for OH poo poo NOT ENOUGH TIME TO AIM

Flash hider is ok for pubbing defense, but for offense i'd compensator every time. Suppressor for co-op and single player because AI is really weird and dies in one headshot regardless

Single shot and burst mode have innately less recoil than tapping on full auto. I wouldn't do this often in multiplayer though because more bullets is usually better than a few less recoiled bullets

Finally: There's a walk button and you should use it more often, especially on loud/hard surfaces

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Shadowlz posted:

Why does this game keep putting me in Brazilian servers? How do I change my region?

Game assigns you to the closest data center, then matches within that. If it can't find players, it matches you within a different DC.

There's normally no way to change this, but you can party up. MM region is based on party leader (who does the first invite). When solo, I use a SSH tunnel to get matched within Central South US and East US DCs.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Armor is some degree of damage soak, not sure of the exact numbers. Rook brings you up one armor level from what your character naturally is. Speed just is.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Also I believe headshots do exactly enough damage to kill you. So if you were hit before and get shot by a P90 for 80 damage, that was probably headshot.

I haven't played enough casual to be sure if that's correct, though.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Still have a spreadsheet for Siegefolks, although that was more for the beta. Can update it or make a new one.

Could we get this or a new one in the OP?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Bandit's electric traps, too situational to be useful? They are great at taking out drones but the chances of anyone ever standing in one or hitting a wall with one seems hugely low. They would be a good gently caress you to anyone who enters a window but that's as big a crap shoot as putting them on a wall.

Although I just read you can use it on riot shields :eyepop:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
/\ Put down some barbed wire then the shock trap, if the wire glitches through a wall, it will shock people on the other side.

Spreadsheet added to the op.

lewtt posted:

protips: you run faster with just your pistol out (no shield/primary gun/iq sensor)
The problem is then you just have your pistol out.

lewtt posted:

as attackers, there's usually two cameras outside the building, and a number of them inside that the defenders can see you through. Outside, they usually hang off lampposts. Inside, they're usually in corners or the ceiling of a hallway. They look like the iimage below. loving shoot them ASAP

They also flash red when being used by the enemy, If you're using the cameras only loving mark if someone has a shot/is about to get jumped.

lewtt posted:

Don't ever linger
Just in general, either get in the breach or don't.

lewtt posted:

don't breaching charge boarded up doors or windows for gods sake. not only do you make noise doing it, they can get EMP'd or shot out, with you behind it. Just melee it once or twice, toss a flash through, then vault in. Breaching charges are loud and only good for distracting or blowing up drywall which you usually can't melee.
Agree about the doors part, but using breaching charges liberally is good because you usually have a ton and blasting in a window suddenly is great if you have a sniper outside ready to drop people.

lewtt posted:

Shotguns suck at anything outside of point blank range, but they are really drat good for shooting through drywall
No they don't, its just buggy hit detection, shotguns are pretty loving good in this game.

lewtt posted:

Flash hider is ok for pubbing defense, but for offense i'd compensator every time. Suppressor for co-op and single player because AI is really weird and dies in one headshot regardless
Silencers make it really hard for the enemy to work out your position, on high fire rate guns they're really worth attaching, they also (at leased in the beta before last) seemed to reduce a bit of recoil, this might just be it hiding the massive flash or something.

lewtt posted:

Finally: There's a walk button and you should use it more often, especially on loud/hard surfaces
loving this it's really hard to work out where the enemy is with everyone clomping around.

Another tip, if two of you guys have flashbangs, throw two into a room a second apart, you'll usually have a better chance of stunning them/keeping them looking at a wall for longer.

Can you prime smokes?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Bandit's batteries are pretty good for their ability to prevent Thermite from breaching reinforced walls, if they don't have a Thatcher or in some cases, Twitch.

Some Operator abilities are most useful when countering other Operator abilities, anyway. Like IQ vs Pulse, Bandit vs Thermite or Ash vs Castle + Mute.

One thing I like doing with shock wire is placing two or three of them somewhat overlapped under a trapdoor. Have Jager cover that trapdoor. Hilarious results when it works.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Opinion: Needs more guns and gun customization.

Agree/disagree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
More guns will come as free DLC. Not sure if they're giving current operators new guns or not though.

• Locked thread