Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summit 4?
This poll is closed.
OG 54 26.60%
OG 36 17.73%
OG 57 28.08%
OG 56 27.59%
Total: 203 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Navi are back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Wow, i'm behind Barons, what a disaster

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Rip

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
The Special Tactics

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Alliance are not, in fact, back

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No

that game 1 was just bad. There has been better series since then

In a vacuum there have been better series obviously, but those other series weren't the grand finals of the biggest tournament ever

Also, lmao Bulldog

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
So this starladder is some joint thing with I-League? Lmao none of these teams are ever gonna get paid their winnings

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
None of the heroes on Alliance do any damage

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Kotl v Nightstalker, the flavor is real

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Alliance are back boys

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Vega are bad

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Yeah, Liquid lost this one lmao. Shadow Demon is such a garbage hero

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
So Ursa with Dazzle/Tusk/Omni protection should be interesting

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I wasn't watching the game, was that a case of Ursa being the pick or the rest of the team making Ursa work but a different carry would also have wrecked?

Well Vega were the ones who picked shadow demon so it was their turn to lose

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
He certainly couldn't make the Ravens worse this year

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
The problem is the carry, they should bring in Black^ the greatest player to ever grace the lanes of Dota

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Who is the standin on Alliance?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Plz don't disrespect 2 time TI competitor Kebap, i'm sure hes definitely the answer for Alliances problems

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

See the thing is that all of those support abilities directly affect her as well and also she has huge agi gain (3.3, second only to morph). She's also got the second highest strength gain among agi heros (2.6, Ursa has 2.7 which is kinda silly now that his ult changed).

I've been arguing for like a year+ that she could be viable as a carry but nobody listens :colbert:

It is still a very situational usage though because her ult doesn't help as much when using her that way.

She gets played as a carry occasionally and it's always meh. Not that she can't carry its just there are more than enough way better choices out there

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
This VP lineup is yolo as hell

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Kebap is back

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
he identifies as NADota

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

TheRat posted:

Surely he's just standing in?

Well, looking at him, he's certainly not walking or running

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Also holy poo poo I don't at all miss when this was the meta in pub games

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
This is actually turning into a good game somehow

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Lmao, thats some good ratting

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
We've reached 80 and no end in sight

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Is that even an upgrade at this point? When was the last time Black^ did anything relevant?

Yeah, Black^ isn't great but i mean come on hes still an upgrade to TC

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Alliance are back

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
1st pick phase Huskar seems aggressive

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

Secret confirmed worse than an NA team with no na players

TL is Dutch dude

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Ok, even I'm baffled right now

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Radical posted:

i think carry is the least forgiving position to try and be next level from, it greatly favors consistent players.

Its really not at the moment. Most drafts these days are set up to let your carry/mid go yolo and have your supports be the consistent ones saving them with graves/snowballs/force/etc.

The 4 carries in the finals of the last 2 majors have been Agressif, Fear, EE, and n0tail. Fear was a pretty consistent player, but the rest of them are all super aggressive play-making 1s.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Zurreco posted:

EE won the EG series by playing the double Rapier Ember pretty well, I'll give him that. He then hosed up enough in the grand finals and effectively lost the series for his team. That's the onus that carries have, but it's also disproportiobate for him. If people honestly think that EE is not the weakest individual player on Secret because his team wins games, so be it.

It's not like I haven't been watching pro dotes for a long time to develop these opinions. If you think I'm just bandwagoning because I saw a photo or two in this thread, I don't know what to tell you.

Dude your last post was about how we should discount Secret's success at Frankfurt with EE because a completely different team also named Secret were the favorites for TI5.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Its a completely meaningless series for Secret, they're probably just trying some poo poo out

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

how is it completely meaningless unless this is working on the theory that 'they don't really want to go to Starladder?" Was pretty sure they needed to 2-0 this?

Oh you are right I was looking at the wrong groups. Well this next game is definitely meaningless

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I'm pretty sure CIS-R are winning the Winter Major

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I wonder how old Ramzes666 is, i'm betting 17

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
There's also probably only like a 50/50 chance of ever seeing the prize money from this tourney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Rip chicken

• Locked thread