Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for November, 2015?
This poll is closed.
:perfect: Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 16 11.68%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 6 4.38%
:smithmouth: Shingo Takagi (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 47 34.31%
:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 5 3.65%
:rant: Seth Rollins (FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 6 4.38%
:mufasa: Roman Reigns (FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 13 9.49%
:fella: Sheamus (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 9 6.57%
:gitgud: These are some Scrub-Tier Champions (None of the Above) 35 25.55%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

JCW really went downhill when The Rude Boy vacated the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

Other is as much a vote for Bayley as it is for every other unlisted champion. So a vote for Bayley (or even Balor) is also a vote for Juggalo Championship Wrestling's champion "The Weedman".

we'll try harder next month, Juggalo Championship Wrestling's champion "The Weedman" :(

Also, only one month more of voting for scrubs before MIL MUERTES returns to claim his rightful spot

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Congrats to Shingo "Mr. Selfish" Takagi, who becomes only the second Open the Dream Gate Champion to win the monthly poll. 2015 was already the most diverse range of Champions the poll has had, and this just adds to that.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

Congrats to Shingo "Mr. Selfish" Takagi, who becomes only the second Open the Dream Gate Champion to win the monthly poll. 2015 was already the most diverse range of Champions the poll has had, and this just adds to that.

just look at that self reliant and powerful wrestler. we must be complete trash in comparison.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How bad was wrestling in 2010 where it warranted (a) all WWE winners, (b) Kane with a 4 month streak, (c) Swagger as champ of the month twice, and (d) The Miz as champ of the year?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Seams posted:

I unironically enjoyed some of Miz's run as champ. :colbert:

Everybody did they just like to pretend they didn't because hindsight

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

How bad was wrestling in 2010 where it warranted (a) all WWE winners, (b) Kane with a 4 month streak, (c) Swagger as champ of the month twice, and (d) The Miz as champ of the year?

This was an incredibly WWE centric forum back then. Hardly anyone was watchinng foreign wrestling and while ROH was doing some really cool stuff Tyler Black and Roddy's reigns weren't that fantastic

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
I feel that this is compounded by the fact that WWE booking has been the drizzling shits since WM30.

Also, I wouldn't know who to vote for in the end-of-year polls right now. Probably Lethal, but there's no clear frontrunner.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Discount Trombones posted:

I feel that this is compounded by the fact that WWE booking has been the drizzling shits since WM30.

Also, I wouldn't know who to vote for in the end-of-year polls right now. Probably Lethal, but there's no clear frontrunner.

Lethal, Shingo, Hulk, or maybe Nakamura for me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

prob lethal for me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I'd say Lethal would probably be my pick too.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lethal's a legit choice and the best out of the people who've appeared on the poll.

Jerusalem already said Minoru Suzuki's going to be on the year end poll though and he was the centerpiece and highlight of NOAH for the whole entire year.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah but seth also presided as champ over the precipitous decline of a promotion and he only won one month this year

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NOAH didn't really decline, but it is fair to hold the complete lack of any improvement at the gate against MiSu and Jado.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jerusalem is No One going to be a choice in the end of year vote considering it won two months?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please let me vote for Roddy in the year end vote I love him so much.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Please let me vote for Roddy in the year end vote I love him so much.

I hadn't considered him, but now that I think about it yeah he was the best champ this year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Jerusalem is No One going to be a choice in the end of year vote considering it won two months?

No, we only get 25 possible spots in a poll (unless something has changed) and I already have to struggle to figure out who to include/exclude from the many viable options.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

No, we only get 25 possible spots in a poll (unless something has changed) and I already have to struggle to figure out who to include/exclude from the many viable options.
I thought only the people who won a month were eligible for best of the year?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Discount Trombones posted:

I thought only the people who won a month were eligible for best of the year?

Anybody who has held a title for a well-regarded promotion at some point in 2015 is eligible. Yes this counts PWG, NOAH etc, and last year I included NXT Champs as well so I'll probably do that this year too (yes this includes Bayley).

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So the lineup would be Nakamura, Styles, Okada, Goto, Briscoe, Lethal, Roddy, MiSu, Sami, Owens, Balor, Banks, Bayley, Hulk, Shingo, Prince Puma, Mil Muertes, and... Go Shiozaki I guess?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I Before E posted:

So the lineup would be Nakamura, Styles, Okada, Goto, Briscoe, Lethal, Roddy, MiSu, Sami, Owens, Balor, Banks, Bayley, Hulk, Shingo, Prince Puma, Mil Muertes, and... Go Shiozaki I guess?

Lesnar maybe?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

I Before E posted:

Masato Yoshino has had a hell of a year where he captured every single Dragon Gate title (including ODG) aside from the Brave Gate and won King of Gate. He's the first person to have won every tournament and held every title, including the jokey Owarai Gate.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 7, 2015

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Anybody who has held a title for a well-regarded promotion at some point in 2015 is eligible. Yes this counts PWG, NOAH etc, and last year I included NXT Champs as well so I'll probably do that this year too (yes this includes Bayley).

YOU SOLD OUT

YOU SOLD OUT

YOU SOLD OUT

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

So i can vote for former world heavyweight champion Roman Reigns?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Oh well Sasha is going to take it in a landslide, why even have a poll

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i hope this means i can also vote for the greatest diva's champion of all time, nikki bella

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i hope this means i can also vote for the greatest diva's champion of all time, nikki bella

Sorry, I should have qualified my statement. Every top titleholder will be considered. Not lovely afterthought belts that nobody cares about.

Which means Charlotte will be on the poll (if she fits) for her NXT Title reign, but not for the Divas one. Because nobody cares about the Divas title. Including Charlotte.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nikki owns marks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh well Sasha is going to take it in a landslide, why even have a poll

I'm actually split between Sasha and Bayley

Like... are you only able to take matches and promos they had as champion into account? :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

I'm actually split between Sasha and Bayley

Like... are you only able to take matches and promos they had as champion into account? :ohdear:

It is YOUR vote so you can take into account whatever you like :) All I ask if that you only consider stuff that happened within the year (but if you don't I'll never know!)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
does roman reigns getting beaned w/ a MITB briefcase labeled "Sasha in the Banks" count for roman or sasha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MotU posted:

does roman reigns getting beaned w/ a MITB briefcase labeled "Sasha in the Banks" count for roman or sasha

It actually counts for Stardussssssssst.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Lesnar maybe?

Was he the champion of a well regarded promotion this year?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Masato Yoshino has had a hell of a year where he captured every single Dragon Gate title (including ODG) aside from the Brave Gate and won King of Gate. He's the first person to have won every tournament and held every title, including the jokey Owarai Gate.

I'd still have a hard time ranking his brief Dream Gate reign over Hulk or Shingo though.

I hope 2016 is Tozawa's year.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Roddy's actually eligible for the end-of-year poll and even if he drops the belt to Sydal on Friday (which I doubt but I think these are going to be the shows where the tide starts turning against Rushmore so it's possible) he will have held the PWG title for almost the entirety of 2015. Lethal's title win itself was great but I think his defenses haven't really been exceptionally notable (although we'll see how the Final Battle match turns out, especially if Styles can't go), and Roddy's been killing it every show as champ both from a workrate and character perspective.

He won't win but I'm gonna vote for him, dammit.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I Before E posted:

Was he the champion of a well regarded promotion this year?

It depends. WWE isn't well regarded overall but a bunch of people seem to consider the Rumble Triple threat to be match of the year.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry, I should have qualified my statement. Every top titleholder will be considered. Not lovely afterthought belts that nobody cares about.

Which means Charlotte will be on the poll (if she fits) for her NXT Title reign, but not for the Divas one. Because nobody cares about the Divas title. Including Charlotte.

lol this is biased as gently caress

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Junpei Hyde posted:

It depends. WWE isn't well regarded overall but a bunch of people seem to consider the Rumble Triple threat to be match of the year.

that bunch of people really needs to get over whatever hangup they have about indy/international wrestling because that's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

that bunch of people really needs to get over whatever hangup they have about indy/international wrestling because that's hilarious.

Especially since all it usually takes is someone posting a clip of a match to get people saying "Whoa, I don't watch [promotion] but that was awesome and I'm voting for it." So maybe the trick is to expose more people to great matches in voting threads so they won't have that bias anymore.

• Locked thread