Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

You'll have a great time. I'm getting a PS4, xmas is gonna be good
I'm hoping my parents get my brother a PS4 since he wants so much, sucks not having a job and crippling student debt... maybe that's why I watch Raw/WWE to keep my spirits up. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Corporate Kane posted:

Raw was like the Atari Jaguar

Exclusive Doom levels? Not too shabby..

My PS4 doesn't have any exclusive Doom levels.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Is it just me or did they rush like two weeks of angles at least this week?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Bring up baron Corbin

This would unironically make me watch Raw live. NewLegacyInc made him so much more watchable for me.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoU60S9eVrc

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I liked Raw from a storytelling standpoint. League of Nations is loving awesome because it's a stable of otherwise floundering guys which should be the purpose of stables. Also that main event match was fun as heck IMO, but I'm a huge sucker for multiman clusterfucks. The only thing I didn't like with Raw from a story standpoint is I feel like this is what they should've done last week (opening with new champ celebrating, closing with new champ and new lackeys standing tall, etc.) as opposed to whatever the gently caress it was we got last week.

Also bear in mind I literally didn't ever even open the GDT. Probably would've made me not like Raw as much as I did.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 1, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/671544056271536128
God I love you Mick, but you are a real wimp sometimes

if he stops watching then how will he get attention from internet smarks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Raw made you sad the Network is adding a bunch of NWA, Smoky Mountain and Mid-South stuff right now

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Benne posted:

If Raw made you sad the Network is adding a bunch of NWA, Smoky Mountain and Mid-South stuff right now

gently caress that noise I got PROGRESS to watch.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why would people hate Raw this week? I understand being ambivalent maybe, but they gave Roman an actual heel stable to battle that's not just directly The Authority, gave Rusev and Barrett something to do, and hell that main basically gave some people what they wanted in pairing Rusev, Barrett, and Sheamus (and New Day, though questions arise on how permanent that is). They got real heel heat on Sheamus, did some characterization that's not just ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! over and over. They continued to further the Wyatts/Dudleyz feud in a way that made sense even though it's Wyatts v. Old Fucks. The only thing I really would've done differently is add Owens into the LoN or put him in rather than ADR so that they could also further Dean/Owens in the main event as well.

Miz TV and the material on there was death though. gently caress that poo poo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

How many people on raw tonight were aborted faces who were quietly slipped back to their original heel gimmick

Dandy GO
Sep 27, 2004

flavour country
Yeah that was a good RAW. We got a divas angle that might actually make sense and isn't blatantly sexist, even if it is just rehashing what Charlotte did in NXT. New Day were on commentary, and also referenced EVO in a good opening segment (apart from the dumb end). The League of Nations hopefully means Barrett has something to do, while Del Rio has something to do that isn't the weird Meximerica poo poo. Sasha had a fun little match and beat a Bella.

Some parts were bad but at leat there were new storylines and cool people doing cool stuff. It was several times better than last week's steaming pile of poo poo.

Dunno why the hell you'd bring back Tommy Dreamer though. Did everyone else say no?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

That DICK! posted:

How many people on raw tonight were aborted faces who were quietly slipped back to their original heel gimmick
Adam Rose should've been aborted. *lollipop* *cheeky faces*

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Friday I'm gonna pick up Mario Maker and Xenoblade and gonna do Wii U stuff

I didn't watch most of RAW

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Between that show and Honma allegedly being a woman beater, I think it's time to take a break from wrestling for a bit.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dandy GO posted:

Dunno why the hell you'd bring back Tommy Dreamer though. Did everyone else say no?

Spike is super out of shape IIRC. Raven is Raven and also even more out of shape. This is loving sad, but if they were gonna give the Dudleys backup, Dreamer's probably the best available choice.

Also wow, people REALLY hated that Raw. I'm sort of mystified tbh.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Like put Neville against ADR or something. Give him a push because the crowd is learning that none of the current mid or upper mid card faces are ever going to matter.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Dandy GO posted:

He's one of the top 100 most over wrestlers alive today. Maybe even in the top 90. I was pleased to see Tommy, and if anything it's a surprise which adds a little something to a pretty dull angle.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Tommy dreamer is the muscle to counter Braun stroman.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Spike is super out of shape IIRC. Raven is Raven and also even more out of shape. This is loving sad, but if they were gonna give the Dudleys backup, Dreamer's probably the best available choice.

Also wow, people REALLY hated that Raw. I'm sort of mystified tbh.

yeah from what i saw it was more "eh" but then again i wasn't paying attention for like 2/3 of it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Like put Neville against ADR or something. Give him a push because the crowd is learning that none of the current mid or upper mid card faces are ever going to matter.

Who says they won't? Roman almost certainly won't battle them alone, especially if New Day is legitimately with them and that wasn't a one-off.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

yeah from what i saw it was more "eh" but then again i wasn't paying attention for like 2/3 of it

Yeah don't get it twisted I liked it but "eh" is perfectly understandable, but "I'm quitting wrestling/WWE" after that Raw confuses me a little.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

burgers or pizza?

Burgerrrssss

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the reason they brought dreamer back was it's philly and also because everyone worth a drat is either injured or gone and i guess rvd didn't answer his phone

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cubone posted:

Burgerrrssss

my man let's splat some dudes :hfive:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I just came up with an idea.... A burger where pizZa slices are the buns

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That DICK! posted:

It's a shameful thing.... feed me more. Hello ladies. X-PAC

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

That DICK! posted:

What if you had mini burgers as the toppings of a pizza?

Or better yet just eat a hot dog, king of foods.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

This is probably the most successful the League of Nations has ever been

:haw: and yes agreed

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the reason they brought dreamer back was it's philly and also because everyone worth a drat is either injured or gone and i guess rvd didn't answer his phone

RVD is even fatter, older, and balder and his move set requires athleticism while Tommy Dreamer's requires the ability to hit people with things and be so fat Dave says you're doing a Dusty tribute with your weight

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Uh it was Pittsburgh

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i wanted to see spike dudley you guys

Dandy GO
Sep 27, 2004

flavour country
I would have marked hard for out of shape 2015 financial planner Spike Dudley.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i agree rvd was the shits in his last run but he's a bigger name that was still ecw

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bigger in a lot of other ways too

achillesforever6 posted:

Uh it was Pittsburgh

i'm going to say for the third time that i only paid attention to about an hour of that show

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Dandy GO posted:

I mean if it came down to that or out of shape 2015 dad Thomas Dreamman

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

i agree rvd was the shits in his last run but he's a bigger name that was still ecw

Eh, had great matches with Cesaro and Rollins, did a fine job putting over Rusev, etc. But I'm a big mark for RVD. I'm sure we'll see him pop up again in WWE, maybe in the Rumble.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dandy GO posted:

Imagine Spike Dudley's ECW cast offs against Rockstar Spud's TNA's cast offs.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Dandy GO posted:

If Spike just came out in business casual and glasses and sat at ringside going "c'mon you guys it's been 15 years and we all have families to support, let's grow up shall we?" That would be a great act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think I agree that as a storytelling medium this was a pretty good Raw. The problem is, like we wind up saying nearly every single goddamn week, it's about an hour too long so the 'yea ok this is an interesting story at least' factor gets overruled by 'oh my god is this still happening'

• Locked thread