Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Pros:
Barrett might be getting some use as a mouthpiece for the authority goon squad
New Day is so good that they make Sheamus look good
Sasha had a match
I liked Becky vs Charlotte for a TV match. Becky got her full entrance.
Dean got the hot tag and left looking better than Reigns

Cons:
Who cares about Wyatts vs ECW
Breeze is on the 50/50 treadmill with "Losing Loser That Doesn't Matter" Dolph Ziggler
The face/heel dynamic makes no sense with Sasha vs Brie
Charlotte turning heel leaves Becky as the lone babyface that isn't Nattie
Titus as Smiling Dad Big Show sucks
Why is Adam Rose employed?
Other stuff happened that I forget because NOTHING MATTERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Who says they won't? Roman almost certainly won't battle them alone, especially if New Day is legitimately with them and that wasn't a one-off.

Yeah don't get it twisted I liked it but "eh" is perfectly understandable, but "I'm quitting wrestling/WWE" after that Raw confuses me a little.

Nobody's quitting anything, but breaks are needed every now and then. gently caress, a decent portion watch only SD because gently caress 3 hours, and that's okay too.

I'm not saying anyone shouldn't take a break from WWE if they want because it's definitely gonna be rough until Rumble, so have a fun month. And I'm also not saying anyone shouldn't take a break from wrestling if they want because lucha's 2 biggest companies are loving up historically and constantly this year, 2 companies' main events are about to be hosed because AJ's hurt, and Honma wound up being a horrible human, so all hope is gone until Wrestle Kingdom revives Meltzer, so have a fun month.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When they first tried to push R. Reigns as a super babyface it didn't work and backfired spectacularly.

They then had a couple of moments when it looked like they were booking him well, (as a badass who punches people, and also is Dean Ambroses wrestlebuddy), and that was rehabilitating him if you will. He was getting more and more cheers.

Now they have him as the crying underdo who is being hard done by by the Authority. This is being met with apathy.

I understand having a crying babyface being constantly cheated out of the title, and personally shat upon by an Authority figure. It makes them sympathetic, and when they do eventually win we love it/them and the moment.

But what they have done is take a badass and turn him into a pussy. They are violating the 7 year rule by trying to do underdog anti-Authority figure eventually overcomes the odds/obstacles placed in his way, when they did that already with DB, and even the most fickle of WWE wrestling fan still remembers that. (Possihbly, maybe. But I still reckon most do.)

They are actively hurting the one they most wish to push. It makes little to no sense.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
lol, the bar is set so loving low that people are saying that was a solid raw.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I'm mostly just happy that Uso injury was a work.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cornwind Evil posted:

I'm mostly just happy that Uso injury was a work.

The New Day are to be fed to the Cenas Samoan like all tag teams.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

BrigadierSensible posted:

When they first tried to push R. Reigns as a super babyface it didn't work and backfired spectacularly.

They then had a couple of moments when it looked like they were booking him well, (as a badass who punches people, and also is Dean Ambroses wrestlebuddy), and that was rehabilitating him if you will. He was getting more and more cheers.

Now they have him as the crying underdo who is being hard done by by the Authority. This is being met with apathy.

I understand having a crying babyface being constantly cheated out of the title, and personally shat upon by an Authority figure. It makes them sympathetic, and when they do eventually win we love it/them and the moment.

But what they have done is take a badass and turn him into a pussy. They are violating the 7 year rule by trying to do underdog anti-Authority figure eventually overcomes the odds/obstacles placed in his way, when they did that already with DB, and even the most fickle of WWE wrestling fan still remembers that. (Possihbly, maybe. But I still reckon most do.)

They are actively hurting the one they most wish to push. It makes little to no sense.

Remember when they wanted to push Lana as the face of the Diva's division, so they completely changed her character and had her mewling after Ziggler, and it was so bad that people started hating her AND Ziggler, even though they were pretty over beforehand? And when she used outside channels to sabotage the angle, WWE was so salty about it, they gave TV time to Adam Rose to talk about what a bitch she was?

I liked tonight's RAW OK but this company does not know how to push people. The constant TMZ namechecking tonight was the funniest thing ever.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

what the christ did I miss

THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS???????

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cory Lidle posted:

Cons:
Who cares about Wyatts vs ECW

Where is RVD

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Luigi Thirty posted:

The New Day are to be fed to the Cenas Samoan like all tag teams.

Then we may as well enjoy them while we can.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

HulkaMatt posted:

literally nothing worth watching but a handful of New Day segments that are probably already in Youtube clips

this Raw sucked and if you thought it was a legitimately good three hours of television I would like to compare notes because that was some garbage, garbage TV

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

HulkaMatt posted:

Just like the real League, it is the brainchild of an egotistical and racist old white man.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I see WWE has started uploading Smoky Mountain and Mid South which is cool and the kind of stuff I want to watch - but christ I figured they'd realize I'd like to watch eps in order at this point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

If Raw made you sad the Network is adding a bunch of NWA, Smoky Mountain and Mid-South stuff right now

Oh awesome, I knew about the NWA stuff but not the latter two. Mid-South and Smoky Mountain is stuff I've always wanted to watch but was too lazy to go about tracking down myself.

HulkaMatt posted:

but christ I figured they'd realize I'd like to watch eps in order at this point.

Goddammit WWE :cripes:

Yeah, I wanna watch this stuff in order, not just grab random episodes and watch them in a vacuum.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 1, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

watching a bunch of territories totally at random provides key insight to modern wwe creative

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the reason they brought dreamer back was it's philly and also because everyone worth a drat is either injured or gone and i guess rvd didn't answer his phone

What about Sabu? I'm sure Sabu answers the phone from anyone.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Ratings are dropping. Long-time fans are complaining that the product is getting stale. Here are creative's current answers to these problems:

- dickish authority figures complete with kiss-rear end champion
- an ECW reunion squad (in 2015) vs the Wyatt Family, which has been totally emasculated as a threat
- the most talented female wrestler on the roster in a nothing-burger of a match that requires outside interference to beat the lesser Bella twin
- another lovely Adam Rose gimmick
- no IC Champion Kevin Owens at all
- gently caress it, let's put all the foreigners into a heel stable
- also, let's book a gigantic clusterfuck of a tag match for a main event, people loved that 10-man we did back in the day

I get that Rollins getting hurt derailed a bunch of stuff, but this was pretty bad. The fact that you could replace JBL with a soundboard for three hours isn't helping. The entire operation seems stuck in a rut.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cory Lidle posted:

The face/heel dynamic makes no sense with Sasha vs Brie
Charlotte turning heel leaves Becky as the lone babyface that isn't Nattie

It seemed like they're pushing Brie and Alicia as faces with Nikki gone, hence Alicia getting murdered on the outside and Brie not partaking in any shenanigans and getting beaten by the distraction finish

:shrug:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I really like the idea of the League of Nations but they have a really poor track record with stables. Hope they get a chance to run for a decent while, at least.

Raw was pretty boring, glad I had Mario Maker to get me through.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't mind the league of nations thing. It killed the terrible Mexamerica gimmick and it gave Barrett and Rusev something to do somewhere between the midcard and main event scene. Plus in a vacuum it should be a pretty intimidating stable as long as they don't just get run through by Reigns and/or a returning Cena

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Intruder posted:

I don't mind the league of nations thing. It killed the terrible Mexamerica gimmick and it gave Barrett and Rusev something to do somewhere between the midcard and main event scene. Plus in a vacuum it should be a pretty intimidating stable as long as they don't just get run through by Reigns and/or a returning Cena

I predict it will end up exactly as imposing and dominating as Barrett's previous stables.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think it's cool that they're going to try something new, but I also don't like things like this because it shows us they have had absolutely no direction and are throwing something against the wall.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
vince, scrambling while cena ducks his calls, grabs his phone and dials the first number he scrolls to on accident, and being a man who makes no mistakes immediately offers tommy dreamer money and an undertaker match at wrestlemania. He calmly puts the phone down, and then explodes like a bag of watermelon chunks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I reserve the right to completely change my opinion if New Day is somehow absorbed into LoN in an attempt to get the new stable over

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I guess Kevin Owens was nowhere to be seen on this show?

Glad he avoided being in that group.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[Nwo guy voice] L. Double-O. N.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I still don't get Ryback's smash mouth comment.

It's pretty cool that Vince is relying on the New Day to carry Raw.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

what did he say

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

tommy dreamer is smashing donuts into his mouth

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

HulkaMatt posted:

what did he say

FEED
ME
MORE
EGGS

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

what did he say

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Rhyno was just on a couple months of NXT, they couldn't get him for tonight? Rhyno can still kinda work.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That video cuts off too quick, I wanted to see how the crowd reacted.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

That video cuts off too quick, I wanted to see how the crowd reacted.

They cheered. He then said, "This isn't some episode of Teen Wolf. This is Monday Night Raw, and the BIG GUY is Hungry." *cheer*

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

What does it mean to believe in smash mouth

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

That DICK! posted:

What does it mean to believe in smash mouth

it means you're an all star.

get your game on.

go. play.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I think my problem with the League of Nations is the WWE is suffering horribly from a dearth of midcard story arcs, and between Barrett, Rusev, ADR and Ambrose you could set up plotlines that make any of them individually important, so just doing this clusterfucky thing that makes them all prop up Roman Reigns vs Sheamus feels like a copout.

but it's not like they were doing anything with any of them before, so it's not like anything was really lost, either

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
If only they had a team based elimination pay per view to build towards

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

DEAR RICHARD posted:

If only they had a team based elimination pay per view to build towards

I can't wait to see Shield/Uso's vs League of Nations, and ECW vs The Wyatt Family at Survivor Series. It's going to be a great PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Didn't the League of Nations just get crushed (in a bigger form) by Ryback/Kalisto/Usos/Neville?

• Locked thread