Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Later in the show New Day joins, making the US finally part of the League of Nations
Also Ghana, because Kofi.

Xerzes posted:

Rhyno was just on a couple months of NXT, they couldn't get him for tonight? Rhyno can still kinda work.
Had the same thought. They could easily do 4v4 that way, and Rhyno actually got Baron Corbin of all people to start looking better in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i looked up some roman reigns interviews before he won the royal rumble and in one of them he completely destroyed john cena?? that's pretty funny

quote:

"Last time I checked, I'm 6'3" 265 pounds, which is bigger than John Cena. Last time I checked, my hair is long and jet black, and last time I checked John Cena's isn't. I'm way better looking and I'm way more athletic than he is so for anybody to compare me to him is completely asinine."

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 1, 2015

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Ostentatious posted:

i looked up some roman reigns interviews before he won the royal rumble and in one of them he completely destroyed john cena?? that's pretty funny

wasn't this from the time they feuded until Bryan died and Cena got the title?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope League of Nations is going to be the abrupt halt of the Meximerica gimmick, because that poo poo's going nowhere.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

sticklefifer posted:

I hope League of Nations is going to be the abrupt halt of the Meximerica gimmick, because that poo poo's going nowhere.

I was legitimately wondering if Sheamus was going to announce Del Rio as being from Meximerica, but instead he just called him the US champion.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Ostentatious posted:

drat, why can't this guy be a heel? that's a hell of a promo.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Mexamerican gimmick was dropped so this was a good RAW.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I liked Summer Rae's dress and the New Day.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tommy Dreamer in 2015. I'm so glad I didn't watch Raw.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
The League of Nations is going to get shat upon when Cena returns because THIS IS AMERICA JACK :911:

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Malt posted:

Mexamerican gimmick was dropped so this was a good RAW.

I keep seeing this, but weren't they furthering the Mexamerica thing earlier in the show? Seems more likely "Mexamerica" is just represented by the League of Nations.

Not that they shouldn't kill it, of course.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I really hate they way they draw out heel turns now. A slow burn is fine, but in WWE's case, they start out burning, then keep it in the oven until its charred to a crisp that nobody cares about.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Benne posted:

If Raw made you sad the Network is adding a bunch of NWA, Smoky Mountain and Mid-South stuff right now

Still waiting for them to add 80s WWF Superstars/Challenge :(

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
The Wyatts are totally gonna lose to the Dudley Boys and Tommy Dreamer in 2015 arent they.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It's tlc so it's sort of logical that they would

But it's also loving stupid booking.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Q7kid posted:

I keep seeing this, but weren't they furthering the Mexamerica thing earlier in the show? Seems more likely "Mexamerica" is just represented by the League of Nations.

Not that they shouldn't kill it, of course.

Zeb and Albeto came out earlier in the show, but they didn't mention it and the flag was gone. Lets hope!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

bray wyatt is fantastic at losing to olds

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Malt posted:

Zeb and Albeto came out earlier in the show, but they didn't mention it and the flag was gone. Lets hope!

I would be cool with Zeb as the mouthpiece for the group, I just hope the New Day joining was a one-night only event. Otherwise, it's going to be Reigns (with Ambrose and the Usos) running through all of them on the way to Sheamus, and I don't trust the WWE to pull that story off right.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

I really hate they way they draw out heel turns now. A slow burn is fine, but in WWE's case, they start out burning, then keep it in the oven until its charred to a crisp that nobody cares about.
Remember when Randy Orton returned as a face at Fast Lane ZOOOOMMMMMMMMMM and then rejoined the authority the next night on Raw and they drew out his proper face turn for another three weeks until literally no one cared anymore?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Only bit of Monday night I liked was ZZ being backhandedly referred to as 'the social media darling' on Breaking Ground. I only wish it was Vince doing the narration so we could get the full growl and spit on "social media".

gently caress everything about Raw. At this point I think Paige and Lana could hate-gently caress in the middle of the ring, with New Day doing commentary from Summer Breeze's VIP section, and I would still feel like my time had been wasted.

Good on him for getting a paycheque in 2015, but gently caress whoever thought the return of Tommy Dreamer was warranted, let alone Tommy Dreamer and the Dudleys clowning what is sold to be a monster cult stable.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
That wyatt family match is the fattest a wwe ring has been in maybe 20 years

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The League of Nations idea is literally the same as an idea Russo floated earlier this year. WWE has been reduced to copying Russo's booking.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

bradzilla posted:

Tommy Dreamer in 2015. I'm so glad I didn't watch Raw.

Tommy Dreamer owns no matter what the year.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The League of Nations idea is literally the same as an idea Russo floated earlier this year. WWE has been reduced to copying Russo's booking.

And Bubba Ray with tables with names on them in TNA was a Russo idea

oh my god

oh

my

god

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Last week's Charlotte/Paige angle came off as awfully Russo-y, as well.

I did not watch Raw again this week. I did overtime at work instead. Reading the synopses, I do not regret my decision.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WATCH WWE START A loving RUSSO

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

keevo posted:

I still don't get Ryback's smash mouth comment.

It's pretty cool that Vince is relying on the New Day to carry Raw.

The Pittsburgh Steelers historically play Smashmouth football. Here's a Wikipedia explaining what that even means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smashmouth_offense

The Steelers don't really play that style anymore so Ryback can't even pander right

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

You know he's right

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also bear in mind I literally didn't ever even open the GDT. Probably would've made me not like Raw as much as I did.

This is the secret. I haven't read GDTs live in months, and I haven't had an issue with Raw in the same.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

schweens posted:

The Steelers don't really play that style anymore so Ryback can't even pander right

Well, most Steelers fans over 40 desperately want to return to that at least.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The GDTs are the best. We had a bunch of Smash Mouth youtubes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I still read the GDTs, but after I've had time to digest Raw and decide whether or not I liked it.

Though to be fair, I haven't had any major issues with Raw in a while, even back when I was reading the GDTs, so...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
For the material they gave her I thought Becky played her role really well and had a fair bit of range. In right hands she could be a huge star as this plucky, endearing underdog.

Saw people give this show 2/10 reviews but I though it was fairly alright especially compared to that excruciating show last week.

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 1, 2015

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
IIRC the XFL claimed that they were going to play "smash mouth" type football.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Here's Tommy Dreamer's new theme, in case you wanted to hear it by itself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5H-jpTVMJQ

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
How many man in the box covers has dreamer caused at this point

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

AMReese posted:

Here's Tommy Dreamer's new theme, in case you wanted to hear it by itself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5H-jpTVMJQ

I'm the gent in the create

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm the gent in the create

GUY IN THE CAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

That DICK! posted:

What does it mean to believe in smash mouth
It used to be this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPbraVljIrc
But no they had to make a rule because poor widdle Kieth Rivers is made out of glass :qq:

schweens posted:

The Pittsburgh Steelers historically play Smashmouth football. Here's a Wikipedia explaining what that even means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smashmouth_offense

Eh Steelers fans also like to think we are these blue collar steel workers instead of white collar suburbanites

• Locked thread