Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I accidentally dumped a car I wanted to impound in a lake and then I tethered it to a hotel and pulled it out of the water. What's your Just Cause 3 story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I didn't play it OP

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I didn't play it OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7clt2X2t4

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

What the.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Woah, this game is out

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Methinks Ill be unleashing some true Quentin Tarantino style chaos v. soon.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i found a junked version of the mile high club from 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got it for free with my computer parts, so I'll play it after I build the thing in 2 months.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why does this have such contentious Steam reviews? Dont tell me theres something wrong with the framerate lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

Why does this have such contentious Steam reviews? Dont tell me theres something wrong with the framerate lol.

someone i know bought it and said its crashing a lot for them but i dont know if thats widespread

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

When you release a game and google search says "Steam" gives it a 6/10, ya hosed up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Yea it's kinda buggy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When it's working right it's as good or better as Just Cause ever was so if that's your jam, then this is, if it's working right. Apparently it's bad on consoles too.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The wingsuit and underwater effects both look absolutely amazing to behold in the Giant Bomb QL. I really

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

wanna play this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I forgot how insane the car physics were in these games. I just hit a curb thing with Nitrous on and in any other game it would of just flipped the car around in a circle probably but in this it launched me 40 feet into the air and made me do 3 full barrel rolls and exploded the car on a tree.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope that the island from Lost is still in it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The music is badass.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

I tethered the head of a statue to the groin of same statue and made him suck he own dick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like the wingsuit challenges.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game looks fun, but not something I will pay 60 dollars for.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I dumped 75 hours into just cause 2 and barely completed any of the missions, so I'll probably buy this.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I appreciate games that allow you to pause and change options mid-cutscene.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ayo duders add me on steam (Generic Monk) - i need more people with this game that i can merk with my MLG pro leaderboard skills

takes like a minute for it to even display the indication that it's logging in, weird. whatever, game's still baller

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

This game looks fun, but not something I will pay 60 dollars for.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This game won't work for me, even after I installed the newest beta drivers everything in the game still moves in super slow motion. I'd refund it and get it for PS4 like I did with Arkham Knight but apparently the console versions run poorly too... I guess I'll just wait for a patch or something. Ah well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

ayo duders add me on steam (Generic Monk) - i need more people with this game that i can merk with my MLG pro leaderboard skills

takes like a minute for it to even display the indication that it's logging in, weird. whatever, game's still baller

This is a troll post. Your not even playing this.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

The music is badass.

I like the chill ambient tune that plays during the quieter moments. kind of reminds me of the ambient music playing at the top of the tower in Crackdown.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just badassly tethered a car to a building and pulled it across a street, and used it as cover, FTW...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This game looks gay as fawk. Frig off OP.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

itching to play this when I get home, op

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just cause 2 didnt grab me but im willing to give it another spin

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

ArfJason posted:

just cause 2 didnt grab me but im willing to give it another spin

In my experience doing the actual missions of JC2 sucks but driving cars into gas stations and shooting down passenger planes with fighter jet missiles is very satisfying. I also recommend getting the mod that lets you fly around like superman

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its on my wishlist but: is the shooting and combat a lot better feeling than JC2? that was p much my only complaint about that game but it was a big one. it was hard to hell when you were even being shot lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

its on my wishlist but: is the shooting and combat a lot better feeling than JC2? that was p much my only complaint about that game but it was a big one. it was hard to hell when you were even being shot lol

It doesn't matter in 3 because even if you die you respawn nearby with all of your progress intact so there's 0 penalty for anything ever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It doesn't matter in 3 because even if you die you respawn nearby with all of your progress intact so there's 0 penalty for anything ever.
imo thats ok in stupid sandbox explosion game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
in the gameplay vid i watched it took two direct nuclear blasts for the player character to die

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This game won't work for me, even after I installed the newest beta drivers everything in the game still moves in super slow motion. I'd refund it and get it for PS4 like I did with Arkham Knight but apparently the console versions run poorly too... I guess I'll just wait for a patch or something. Ah well.

Apparently there's really really bad memory leaks on the consoles

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Yeah, I was saying sort of point in its favor, especially considering how annoying it is die in something like Streets Row The Third because the shooting and movement is so lovely and all you wanna do is see the next joke.

• Locked thread