Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Alford was a bad hire.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 10 29.41%
Yes. 8 23.53%
Yes. 9 26.47%
Yes. 7 20.59%
Total: 12 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

Isn't perry ellis like 190?

He's 225, he was a 5*, he has a very unique skillset and oh also he still gets loving owned by bigs with size. See: Towns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
With the different stories coming out about this year about Ryan's retirement (he's going to retire after this year, he might not retire this year, now he's retiring immediately) it becomes clear what is actually happening: Bo Ryan is going to coach at the University of Minnesota next season (although he may spend a year coaching Rutgers first)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Wow UNLV catching a break as ASU's Savon Goodman is out for the game tonight

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

News: The Gamecocks beat Clemson to move to 10-0 for the first time since 1933-34.

Views:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's an elegant dance, this game.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

News: The Gamecocks beat Clemson to move to 10-0 for the first time since 1933-34.

Views:

Reading those words and seeing Clemson, I'm reminded of the 06-07 Clemson team that started out 17-0 and didn't make the tournament. Truly a team for the ages, may your team not suffer the same fate.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

Reading those words and seeing Clemson, I'm reminded of the 06-07 Clemson team that started out 17-0 and didn't make the tournament. Truly a team for the ages, may your team not suffer the same fate.

How does that even happen? is the answer just "Oliver Purnell"?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't recall there being any major injuries or anything, so "Oliver Purnell" would be my top theory as well.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

RumbleFish posted:

Views:

mike huckabee really captivated by that dunk

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't recall there being any major injuries or anything, so "Oliver Purnell" would be my top theory as well.

They played a really soft out of conference schedule

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Holy poo poo SDSU is bad. Losses to USD and now Grand Canyon :stare:

edit: the grand canyon loss was at home :laffo:

Lessail fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 19, 2015

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Lessail posted:

Saint John's got whomped up on by Incarnate Word.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lessail posted:

Thunder Dan's bringing Grand Canyon to the tourney this year!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
UC-Irvine played a DIII school last night so just for fun they played the tallest line-up in history.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/12/19/10626014/uc-irvine-played-the-tallest-lineup-in-college-basketball-history

Zot zot

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU is NIT bound this year.

:(

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
At the moment, Virginia has the most efficient offense in the nation. Second half against Villanova today was exhilarating—UVA may be capable of running just about anyone off the court this year. Will see what happens in the league.

Meanwhile even though Nova lost, they played a phenomenal game, and the Big East is looking fairly strong this year—definitely at the top with Nova, Xavier, and Butler, plus a strong middle of Providence, Seton Hall, Creighton, Marquette, and a thus-far extremely unlucky Georgetown.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Weird end to the Texas - Stanford game. An unusual amount of players falling over / sweat mopping breaks. And then the lights started going out with 1 second left in the game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas got back Anton Beard today from his forgery related suspension. We went on to celebrate his return by playing Mercer in our annual Little Rock game and winning by, I don't know, probably 1000 points, let me look.... *checks phone* ....wait, this says we lost. That can't be right. *Goes to ESPN* Uhhhhh.....

Yep. Lost 69-66 to Mercer in overtime. I think football may have cursed the entire city of Little Rock for the Razorbacks, which is unfortunate

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wildcats put up 103 on some intramural team. I can't remember them ever scoring 100 in at least 15 years. 11-1 against a bunch of poo poo teams I've never heard of. NIT, bitches.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Wildcats put up 103 on some intramural team. I can't remember them ever scoring 100 in at least 15 years. 11-1 against a bunch of poo poo teams I've never heard of. NIT, bitches.

Semi-related, what's the game day atmosphere like in Evanston? Might go up for the MSU game this year, where I'm assuming I'll be among a majority in green.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Cocks are now a consensus top-25 team. :woop:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Semi-related, what's the game day atmosphere like in Evanston? Might go up for the MSU game this year, where I'm assuming I'll be among a majority in green.

80% mich state fans.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

80% mich state fans.

Yeah the color of Evanston clothing is often the same as whatever team they're playing. You should see the sea of red come down from Wisconsin for football games.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Yeah the color of Evanston clothing is often the same as whatever team they're playing. You should see the sea of red come down from Wisconsin for football games.

and yet wisconsin can't win in Evanston.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

gonna be a massacre in Viejas Arena tomorrow

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

gonna be a massacre in Viejas Arena tomorrow

There's a huge thread going on at the KU boards about how this has all the makings of a trap game. Some serious concern. KU offered like three players on SDSU, they have talent and when you have talent it doesn't matter who you've lost to, you can put it together sometimes for a big game. Kentucky just lost to the 5-5 Buckeyes for instance. They are well-coached and have talent. Period.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas is trying to rebound from losing to Mercer by playing host to North Florida tonight. Unfortunately, North Florida averages 13.1 three-pointers made per game. We are 239th at defending the three. They are the 4th most accurate team from down town. Luckily, we are the 8th most accurate team. However, we only average 6.7 threes a game and North Florida is 59th at defending it. So they shoot three pointers better, hit twice as many, and defend against them way better than the Hogs. It... might be ugly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

There's a huge thread going on at the KU boards about how this has all the makings of a trap game. Some serious concern. KU offered like three players on SDSU, they have talent and when you have talent it doesn't matter who you've lost to, you can put it together sometimes for a big game. Kentucky just lost to the 5-5 Buckeyes for instance. They are well-coached and have talent. Period.

We just need to get something from our offense. They showed up against Cal and Long Beach, and surprise, they won. I'm not worried about our defense showing up. I think Kenpom has them ranked in the top 10 in defensive efficiency, it's just a matter of actually sinking shots when we have the opportunity.

Plus a bunch of KU players probably still remember SDSU walking into their house and beating them two years ago. I'm sure the revenge factor is there for them.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol Mizzou lost JUCO transfer Martavian Payne. This team is such a joke.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah 5/11 players from that game are still on KU's roster and 4 of them are starters.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's been two years and I still can't figure out how we beat Wiggins and Embiid at home.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
I get to see Malcolm Brogdon and his Kawhi Leonard levels of robot face tonight, albeit from the cheap seats. I just hope to see as little of Evan "Literally a Pumpkin" Nolte as possible, otherwise I may ask for my money back.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ross Angeles posted:

It's been two years and I still can't figure out how we beat Wiggins and Embiid at home.

That team was the king and queen of bad cold streaks.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

One of the only two KU games i've been to

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What was the other one? Hopefully it was a better atmosphere than that debacle.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brannigans Law posted:

I get to see Malcolm Brogdon and his Kawhi Leonard levels of robot face tonight, albeit from the cheap seats. I just hope to see as little of Evan "Literally a Pumpkin" Nolte as possible, otherwise I may ask for my money back.

You saw that he said that's his favorite player I guess

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The SDSU Student section has been doing #YoungerThanPerryEllis all day on twitter.

https://twitter.com/theshowsdsu

Students can be fun

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You saw that he said that's his favorite player I guess

Yeah when I saw that I was like "I JUST POSTED THAT ON AN INTERNET FORUM" to my family. Clearly I need to think before I speak. I thought the kid asked "Who is your favorite black basketball player?" too. At least that is what it sounded like at first.

Brogdon had a really bad game though. Thank goodness for that random white dude who drew like 5 fouls in the first half. Cal played a really good game denying threes and forcing long twos from our forwards. Also that Jordan Matthews kid was going off until Bennett took a timeout and I assume said "Darius, go over every screen and don't let him get the ball." I'm still not sure why we played through the forwards so much, considering they had 2 7-footers, but I guess it worked out in the end.

e: looks like the "random white dude", Jarred Reuter, has been getting like 5-10 mins per game and I haven't realized.

Brannigans Law fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 23, 2015

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

N: ISU won on the road at Cincinnati.

V: It was opposite day for ISU because they actually built a lead in the 1st half and then lost it in the second. Still a very good game because they fell behind, but still came back for the win with the crowd going nuts. ISU doesn't go on the road to face top 25 too often during non-con play, and this win really eased my anxiety after the UNI loss. That UNI loss wasn't too bad really considering they shot like crazy that game, plus UNI is pretty good. One more tune up game then at OU, which is not the easiest way to start Big 12 play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Speaking of UNI, they got blown out at Hawaii. They could end up having two wins over teams that finish in the top 10 and still not make the tournament.

• Locked thread