Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Alford was a bad hire.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 10 29.41%
Yes. 8 23.53%
Yes. 9 26.47%
Yes. 7 20.59%
Total: 12 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would not have expected the Big Ten to win the Big Ten ACC challenge this year...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

PotatoJudge posted:

Sadly due to a big upset by Wisconsin

Yeah, but they beat Syracuse. And after the whole Bernie Fine thing and Boeheim calling the accusers liars, I hope Syracuse burns in the same firepit I would like to see Penn State in.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

We all know the Alford/Indiana reunion will happen eventually.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Haha, I forgot they gave him that much. I do think he will end up at Indiana someday though, he's unfortunately got a lot of years of coaching left.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I am about the most pessimistic person in the world, but for once I have a good feeling about Iowa! I think they will win at Iowa State 75-73.

The last Iowa game I had a good feeling about was Michigan State last year where Iowa blew an 11 point halftime lead and lost 75-61. So congrats Cyclones I guess!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This is based more on a feeling than any kind of rational belief. Please just let me get my hopes and dreams crushed twice in a week like an idiot.

edit: and they did win at UNC last year so you never know

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

MSU is probably going into conference play undefeated, barring disaster at Northeastern or "at" Oakland. This is weird.

And that first B1G game will be another fantastic opportunity for Iowa to beat a top 5 team, between that and the fact that it is MSU, I can't wait to see how Iowa will piss away the game! Sagarin has it right around Michigan State -1.5 right now, but I don't see Iowa winning...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The lovely thing for him is that this is Iowa State's year and he's going to miss it. They are losing a bunch of players next year and who even knows if they will make the tournament (I don't know enough about them to make a prediction but they sure are losing a lot).

Which is why some national guy mentioned that a graduate transfer could be in the cards for Long, which caused twitter to freak out. I don't think he will, based on what I hear about him, but he apparently could.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

News: Bo Ryan retires, effective immediately.

Views: lol

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Why effective immediately? Didn't want to go down on a sinking ship?

He is a piece of poo poo coward, obviously.

edit: unless there is a health issue he hasn't announced

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Coco13 posted:

Greg Gard, the interim coach who has been with Bo for 23 years, recently dealt with his father's passing. Probably didn't want to have him deal with both at the same time.

Eh? Ryan announced in June that he would coach one more year and Gard's father died in October, it seems much more likely that after a dozen games Bo saw the team he would have to lead and said gently caress it.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

News: The Gamecocks beat Clemson to move to 10-0 for the first time since 1933-34.

Views:

Reading those words and seeing Clemson, I'm reminded of the 06-07 Clemson team that started out 17-0 and didn't make the tournament. Truly a team for the ages, may your team not suffer the same fate.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't recall there being any major injuries or anything, so "Oliver Purnell" would be my top theory as well.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Speaking of UNI, they got blown out at Hawaii. They could end up having two wins over teams that finish in the top 10 and still not make the tournament.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

Go Iowa.

It really sucks about Izzo's dad. :( I wouldn't be surprised if the Spartans came out extra motivated for coach and end up crushing Iowa. But I never expect to beat MSU so who knows. I think the Hawks are up to a 2.5 point favorite.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mike_V posted:

Jesus Christ Mizzou beat Arkansas Pine-Bluff 78-25 tonight. UAPB must be the worst team in D1

They don't play a home game until January 16. :(

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Welp, glad I didn't watch that game. Reminds me of the other debacle in Iowa City during the Drew Neitzel era.

I think that is the only Iowa victory I refuse to acknowledge the existence of.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Their RPI (which is garbage but whatever) is at 19, which is pretty drat good because I think it was like 70 at this time last year. We really should be able to feed on the soft underbelly of the B1G enough to sneak in even if we don't get another huge win.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

JRizzle posted:

How does this happen

They need the money from the sacrificial lamb games against good teams on the road, so they just said gently caress it and didn't play a single non-con game at home, and coincidentally their first three conference games are on the road. It's sad, really.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I can't wait for the first hot take article about how his name shouldn't be pronounced like Derek. Or do people even care enough about Northwestern to write hot take articles?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

They will care when they get an NIT home game

I know what you're trying to do and it's not fooling me. There is NCAA hope in your heart. You know they would ignore the RPI and give you a pity invite if you get to 21-10 (9-9).

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Raise your hand if you had Oklahoma, SMU, and South Carolina as the last three undefeated teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Kansas -7 seems awfully high, but I guess the numbers bear it out.

• Locked thread