Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Alford was a bad hire.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 10 29.41%
Yes. 8 23.53%
Yes. 9 26.47%
Yes. 7 20.59%
Total: 12 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lots of folks saying that London Perrantes will be out for tonights UVA game at Ohio State. People are blaming appendicitis but the school hasn't said anything one way or the other yet. If it's true, I would think Darius Thompson would get the start at point, with Devon Hall getting some good minutes in backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kittenmittons posted:

Ohio State.....may be good at some point in the future?

I think so. They're super young, but played their asses off last night. Their post defense was excellent, and Matta made some really good halftime adjustments that led to a ton of open looks from 3 in the second half.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Robert Johnson would be a great transfer pickup for Virginia if Crean gets booted.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It was nice leading for a half, but UVA did what I kind of expected them to do, which was force us to play in the half-court, and good gravy our young guards just aren't there yet.

Still, I think we should finish out non-con with just the one loss and still be Top 20 when we hit Big XII play.

UVA seemed really out of sorts for most of the first half, and had me questioning whether or not they were even a top 25 team. Then they outscored WVU 49-21 from 3 minutes left in the first half on, and yeah I think they belong.

That West Virginia dude that tried to get fancy with the pass...what a turning point. Did he sit for the rest of the game?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think so, yeah.

Gotta respect Huggins for that. I don't remember the name of that player, he is one of the bigger contributors? Wonder how much of a difference that made to the outcome.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He's the starting point guard -- if I remember the sequence right.

Wow that's pretty significant then. Huggins coaching for the long term there.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Infidel Castro posted:

N: Wisconsin loses to UW Milwaukee at home.

V: more like Sucky Bad-ger

I haven't been following them this year, other than they seem to be losing more than they should. Is it all the loss of Kaminsky?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
News: #4 ISU students rushed the court after beating an unranked team at home

Views: LOL.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

Rush all courts. But also it was a lazy court rush after coming back from being down by 20 and only taking the lead with 8 seconds left. Plus they just went through football season, they needed something to be happy about.

Having taken part in some in my younger days, I know how fun a good court storming is. But when you're ranked #4, storming the court is the complete opposite of acting like you've been there/belong. Also, they managed to give one of their beat reporters a compound fracture, potentially ruining court stormings for everyone else.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

The thing is that ISU hasn't been there. Being ranked this high, this early in the season is very rare for ISU. Plus I think ISU students are used to rushing the field/storming the court for any exciting win, especially one over Iowa. If they had won by 10, it never would have happened. poo poo, I was jumping up and down in my living room.

Fair enough, it just always seems odd to me when the team that should have won storms the court. But like I said, it's fun so whatever. I just hope the NCAA doesn't poo poo on everyone's parade because some dude got hurt.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

I guess he's gonna be on the Dan Patrick show in a bit to talk about it but somebody on twitter caught it on the ESPN broadcast and zoomed in on it. Somebody bumped him as they exited the stairs and he fell over. He's like 70 so falling over equaled broken leg. It really sucks for him, especially since apparently his wife has cancer and is going through chemo. But I don't see something like that impacting court storming rules, it was an unfortunate accident, but he didn't get trampled by a bunch of people storming or something.

That's good that he's not being a big baby about it like Coach K was when UVA stormed the court a few years back. I don't think K even got bumped, his exit was just delayed slightly and it's all he could talk about in the press conference.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Considering an assist to turnover ratio of 3.33 would be pretty good, that stat is kind of ridiculous, even for early season.

I read it as assist to turnover, and immediately checked London Perrantes' stats. His best season was a 3.5 assist to turnover ratio. But not steals, which doesn't surprise me as it's not something that Tony Bennett emphasizes.

3.33 steal to turnover ratio is drat good.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm so glad that as a UVA fan I get to listen to Tony Bennett to Wisconsin speculation for the rest of the season.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brannigans Law posted:

I get to see Malcolm Brogdon and his Kawhi Leonard levels of robot face tonight, albeit from the cheap seats. I just hope to see as little of Evan "Literally a Pumpkin" Nolte as possible, otherwise I may ask for my money back.

You saw that he said that's his favorite player I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I remember wanting Uthoff at Virginia. I don't remember why, but I'm not surprised he's doing well for you. Bennett has a good eye for talent.

Virginia plays at Virginia Tech tonight. The Cavs are way better than the Hokies, but it's at Tech, and their stadium REALLY sucks, and they always give us a good game. So I'm a little nervous.

• Locked thread