Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd be fine with Vettel becoming Lauda Jr at this point.
Vettel's too polite to be Lauda. Lauda's best feature is what an arrogant prick he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Norns posted:

Bye bye Ferrari Historical Veto.

Todt is a Ferrari man through and through. Veto stays.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I'm not going to lie the most exciting prospect of Renault buying Lotus is the revival of the Prost v Lauda rivalry in "Old man who you're not quite sure what he does in the team" form.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Riso posted:

Todt is a Ferrari man through and through. Veto stays.

Pretty sure the veto is in Ferrari's Concorde agreement, so it wouldn't matter what Todt/Bernie does.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd be fine with Vettel becoming Lauda Jr at this point.

Me too, BURN BABY BURN!!!

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 3, 2015

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Renault are back baby

It's official now

http://media.renault.com/global/en-...&adbpr=16144151

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
:siren::gizz::siren:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is the beginning of great things, for Pastor Maldonado.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Alain Post posted:

This is the beginning of great things, for Pastor Maldonado.

is that great thing the end of his career

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Maldonado and Alonso duking it out for WDC next year, it is my dream.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dubs posted:

is that great thing the end of his career

This is just the beginning.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Nando, Big Sebs and Big Malds fightining it out for the WDC. 2016 already seems a million times better than 2015.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Norns posted:

I'd rather smoke weed and watch old F1 races.

HJB posted:

Ugh, "clubbing" is so neanderthalic, give me a good old Let's Play over a club any day

Goons sitting alone in their apartments taking drugs and watching youtube instead of drinking and socializing like normal humans? I am shocked.

/ me takes drugs and watches youtube.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Great another worst thread

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wow who would have predicted that

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
That promise of Quantum money probably sealed the deal. Who could refuse that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Goons sitting alone in their apartments taking drugs and watching youtube instead of drinking and socializing like normal humans? I am shocked.

/ me takes drugs and watches youtube.

Hey. I own a house. All that other poo poo is kinda true.

bibz
Jan 29, 2004
Was it this year that Hamilton started that push to become a Team Leader Roll Model? Then after Hungary his manager finally got him invites to the cool people parties and it all went to poo poo.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I look forward to 4 months of people posting mock-ups of what the Renault livery will look like, then in March, being massively underwhelmed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope it's yellow.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I look forward to most in the off season thread is reading opinions of the best liveries in F1 for the 400th time.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
WHAT ENGINE IS IT GONNA HAVE

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Infiniti.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Renault Racing Mercedes-Infiniti

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

Brainwrong posted:

I look forward to 4 months of people posting mock-ups of what the Renault livery will look like, then in March, being massively underwhelmed.

It should look like 2010 and they should bring back Kubica IMO.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
In the no one really gives a gently caress daily news red bull have announced Tag branded engines.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
I thought that rumour was just too fuckin studpid,

but red bull

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

learnincurve posted:

In the no one really gives a gently caress daily news red bull have announced Tag branded engines.

What's in a name? that which we call a Renault
By any other name would smell still of poo poo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i mean, if you want to get autistic about it, they're not TAG-branded engines. TAG doesn't own TAG heuer anymore.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This will surely not matter to the Red Bull-drinkers who fantasize about Red Bull making a breakaway F1 series about REAL racing and bringing back the 1980s.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
This also means a year of people mis-pronouncing "heuer"

The worst I heard once was "tagg heeyore" Like the donkey.

Which might be quite apt actually.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

learnincurve posted:

bernie and Todt just got given absolute power with the mandate to kill the f1 commission and all the working groups, remove Ferrari's power of veto, decide on the engines and to set the prices for them and to have the technical rules rewritten. The screaming I can still hear from Italy and Germany would suggest otherwise.

I've read that the Ferrari veto is legally binding and they can't remove it. Or something.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
It's not called the Ferrari International Assistance for nothing, goys.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
The only way to bring back the 80s by buying a rusted out hatchback and blasting some Hall and Oates on the stereo system.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

1500quidporsche posted:

The only way to bring back the 80s by buying a rusted out hatchback and blasting some Hall and Oates on the stereo system.

Or fiddling with some kids if you're English

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I hope it's yellow.

I hope it has the funky digital numbers.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

Or fiddling with some kids if you're English

Frank's Frank wasn't functioning for half the 80s so I don't think that's necessarily true.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nearly five pages without the F word! Well done guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Do we know the details of the Renault/RBR split engine wise?

My guess is that the Illian-based changes to the block is what Renault and RBR can start working from, but everything else will be designed separately? Is RBR going to manufacture their own blocks, or will they be supplied from Renault/Infiniti/Nissan still?

• Locked thread