Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
It seems like there's no silly season to speak of this year, really lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Ok maybe engine silly season, but drivers - meh.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Maldonado and Alonso duking it out for WDC next year, it is my dream.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Brainwrong posted:

I look forward to 4 months of people posting mock-ups of what the Renault livery will look like, then in March, being massively underwhelmed.

It should look like 2010 and they should bring back Kubica IMO.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Nah F1 wouldn't work without McLaren. It's the yin to Ferrari's yang.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

learnincurve posted:

drat it, headline had all the hallmarks of spy gate but will probably fail to deliver. merc engineer was planning on joining Ferrari and it looks like he got busted saving information from thier computers.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-in-data-theft-legal-action-against-ferrari-bound-engineer/
Ferrari is a truly passionate team, they have great passion for cheating.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Refuelling was utter poo poo. Basically why try to even overtake, you can just pit earlier/later. At least tire wear is less predictable than that, so they can't rely on such a strategy and instead may even try to overtake.

The number of overtakes already rose when they banned refuelling in 2010, and that was before Pirelli/DRS.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

I'll predict the same as last year - Alonso WDC, McLaren WCC.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Alain Post posted:

These people, in my opinion, should be brutally murdered.
:agreed:

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Formula 1 race winner Pastor Maldonado is a great driver and I hope we see him again in 2017. I'd even tolerate Ferrari if he were to drive for them (and beat Vettel's rear end).

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

I don't want to live in a world where Pastor Maldonado has the same number of wins as Heikki Kovalainen.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

GramCracker posted:

Dare I say this year will be nuts? I think so. I like to imagine, in some make-believe faraway land, that McLaren and Ferrari have their poo poo together and will gently caress with Merc this year.
We can dream, but then disappointment will be even greater after a couple of races.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Getting hyped for the season, oh how quickly it will wane.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

I, for one, am happy we have 11 teams on track this year.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Mark Webber scored points in a Minardi, because of that he'll always be good in my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

Ferrari also broke down

• Locked thread