Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

GramCracker posted:

This sounds ridiculous, but go watch Lewis' snap chat story...he's utterly poo poo housed :guinness:

Lewis has this massive #megajet and he uses it to fly him and his only friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Honda is going to focus on reliability for 2016 so they are still going to be painfully slow, then in 2017 they can focus on improving performance, it is known.

What the gently caress were they doing this season then?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

be nice wicka posted:

williams' booze money isn't all that much (15m/year?) and i've heard they're trying to renegotiate for more, but for the most part yeah, a combination of williams not keeping up with exploding budgets plus failing to find a works engine partner. which is funny because people are idiotically comparing mclaren to williams despite mclaren's current struggles being a result of them actually planning ahead and trying to avoid williams' fate by not becoming a customer team. and mclaren even turned down martini's title sponsorship over because it was laughably low. people criticize mclaren for not signing more sponsors, but look what happens when you accept a cut rate. it undermines all future negotiations. it's not surprising that sponsors aren't offering up the big bucks for a team that is currently so poo poo, but as long as they can fund the team then going without many sponsors for a couple years is clearly the right move.

also ron's claim is independently verified, they're very well-funded: http://www.crash.net/f1/news/221835/1/f1-2015-team-budgets-published-but-which-team-spends-most.html

I thought their side businesses gave them a lot of money in the budget, especially since they actually make them money.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

be nice wicka posted:

in ron's most recent interview he suggested that 2015 was the first year mclaren applied technologies turned an appreciable profit. i doubt it's enough to fold back into the F1 team. the car company was spun off so i don't think any of their revenue can be used for F1 either. i think they're mostly just getting a poo poo ton of money from honda.

I misread that post, I was talking about Williams.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Wait they did? They sold off their KERS business?

e; lol they did. why'd they sell it?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Why is Lewis going on Jimmy Kimmel's show?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Dubs posted:

he's the musical guest

lmao he talks about his #megajet. he actually planned with the show to talk about his #megajet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLovIIBrdPs

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Farce India's team principal is pretty cool because he looks like the head of a gang for chavs.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Norns posted:

Or they could do a thing and try something like the WWE Network?

If pay a good amount of money for old races, and live race coverage with selectable pit radio and car cams.

If F1 just started using social media this year then I have a good feeling it'll be another 15 years before we see any form of online streaming provided by FOM.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Our Jense :smith:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

With competition cautions.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Yeah I thought the reason Hass even got into this was so his company could make a ton of money from manufacturing carbon fiber?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

AgentJotun posted:

gently caress this thread is even worse then usual atm.

Especially with all this racism against 2012 Spanish Grand Prix Winner Pastor Maldonado.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Wish I could be paid $40m to drive a lovely f1 car. I'd be a robot but I'd be paid $40m.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

track day bro! posted:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/226384/1/maldonado-confirms-f1-exit.html

2016 already confirmed to be the worst most boring lovely season full of dull scandinavian people, interchangeable germans, fraudulent brits, a retarded dutch child and alonsos ghost. TFW no Maldonado for 2016

Wow I don't think I'm going to watch F1 this season.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

geonetix posted:

Hulk won Le Mans though, not something Hamilton or Vettel or Webber can say

He did like 30% of the work in that race. It's a really generous number considering the car he was in. Maldonado did 100% of the work when he won the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

You've got to give a decent chunk of the work for that win to McLaren, honestly.

Ehh I don't know. I'll give them some credit but McLaren was always going to gently caress up with Sam Michael in charge.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Pastor is just tired of all the racism he gets thrown every day by F1 fans so he's going to race in NASCAR this year.

He's tired of racism so he's going to go to race in a more racist series.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Is this going to be the first season without Our Jess? :smith:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

2012 was way better than 2015. And I'm not just saying that because Pastor Maldonado became a Formula 1 Grand Prix winner.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Uhh so that's not even the real car? That's just a show car.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/694893595892015106

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

What I really want is some mates doing a road trip while taking the piss out of each other's garbage cheap cars. The formula isn't that hard.

Top Gear: America

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Hey guys, Haas actually fired their engine today. Let's hope their gas tank is big enough to last a race.

https://twitter.com/haasf1team/status/699654770882015232

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

That livery makes it look like they lost a bunch of sponsors.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

If you're far back enough then Jenson's logo starts to look like goatse.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Hass officially better than last year's Honda? https://www.facebook.com/grosjeanromain/videos/1125797174097721/

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

aequalis posted:

IT'S NOT A TU-MAH

The gently caress is it then?

That lack of symmetry must have killed Ron.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

What the hell is this new qualifying format http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-teams-agree-elimination-style-qualifying-for-2016-675278/

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Won't that format just mean that the top teams are going to set their fastest laps in the first five minutes and then hang out in the garage the entire time?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

He looks like he's been hanging out with Flavio.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

According to the Hindustan Times, Vijay has lost control of Force India and his Indian cricket team.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/business/deal-with-diageo-ends-mallya-s-sporting-interests-as-well/story-gESQGoinbAFftM7hfXYcPI.html

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Has Vijay even done anything to earn his money? Wasn't he given that alcohol company when his dad died? Ever since then he's just blown his money on poo poo and never actually made money.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

How has Haas been today? They're the only team I actually want to follow this season.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

ukle posted:

Very poo poo.

Since the issues they had at the end of the last test, their times have collapsed as they keep getting issues. Only 23 laps done today and their times were so bad Very poo poo driver was almost matching them (ok on Softs but still)

Ah according to Autosport they had a problem with the fuel system today. Hope they get their poo poo fixed in time for the first GP.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Raikkonen tested out that Halo protection thing today. How the gently caress does the driver see anything with that pillar in front of them?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/raikkonen-tests-f1-halo-cockpit-system-677012/

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Aren't Hass' problems due to the turbo that Ferrari gave them?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I like that Lewis, a person with hair plugs, who moves around on an electric unicycle, and did that photo shoot with him laying on that car, thinks the halo device looks terrible.

keevo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 4, 2016

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I still don't understand why they're going with that concept since it doesn't stop something like Massa's accident.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

He looks like a mannequin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Wait with them booking Taylor Swift and offering that 105% refund, how are they making any money?

• Locked thread