Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

This is what every VR game is going to be and its going to be a total failure.

noone except valve has been able to get people moving around in VR without feeling like poo poo so everything has to have them standing perfectly still in some contrived way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh snap.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
vr rez could be good but they'll gently caress it up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it's not a VR exclusive because I really wanna play Rez again.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

noone except valve has been able to get people moving around in VR without feeling like poo poo so everything has to have them standing perfectly still in some contrived way

how did valve get around it? i roomed with a dude who had one of the newer-ish oculus rifts and it was so underwhelming because the most interesting demo for it was one where you sit in a chair w your hands in your lap while poo poo moves around you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paper Triangle posted:

how did valve get around it? i roomed with a dude who had one of the newer-ish oculus rifts and it was so underwhelming because the most interesting demo for it was one where you sit in a chair w your hands in your lap while poo poo moves around you.

The valve one required 4 pillars around the room and a clear square and they're all outfitted with tons f motion trackers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also wouldn't VR Rez make everybody insanely motion sick

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Paper Triangle posted:

you put some boxes they call Lighthouses or something in opposite corners of the room and they track the movement of the system itself so you can walk around a small confined space with no issues

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

and I'm totally down with 60fps 1080p rez but not in VR

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

In Training posted:

I believe it finally released a month or so ago

Rami Ismail, the head of vlambeer, literally launched the full game on steam from his laptop in the audience of this presentation about half an hour ago.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
that seems pretty clever, but not super practical for consumer use. i feel like an almost bigger problem is that you still have to use a regular or motion controller/m+kb/some control interface which really detracts from any immersion you get from 360 degree vision and head tracking or whatever.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
this is vr too right? games will have to look like a big phone game around you for the ps4 to be able to reach 70+fps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

program666 posted:

this is vr too right? games will have to look like a big phone game around you for the ps4 to be able to reach 70+fps

I think there's rumors that it will come with an extra box for more processing power. Like a 32X for the modern age

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they're gonna have a VR segment they could at least have the courtesy to show off Tekken 7 VR just so I could see what the hell it looks like

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Paper Triangle posted:

i wish you didn't have to hold the dildos to log into VR

I wish there were more dildos :henget:

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
based on my love of ribbit king i'm going to have to say i'm excited for 100 ft robot golf.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. The Eva shots.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol. The Eva shots.

Jesus Christ

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

If they're gonna have a VR segment they could at least have the courtesy to show off Tekken 7 VR just so I could see what the hell it looks like

well here you go

e: oh wait it's ace combat

program666
Aug 22, 2013

In Training posted:

Lol. The Eva shots.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Vr is gay!!!!!!!!!!!!###

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Ace Combat 6 IDOLM@STER DLC Pack

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I only play games in 3d and I love vr

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VR segue into Destiny ..... UGGGGHHH

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This crowd just lost their drat minds over destiny including a pod racer mode

program666
Aug 22, 2013

lol lame wipeout

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

This crowd just lost their drat minds over destiny including a pod racer mode

Brad Shoemaker has the biggest grin on his face right now irl

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HOB BABY!!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

it's kind of a resurgence of 3d platformers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh gently caress yeah. Let's see some DQXI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah well, this looks cool too

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
wasn't ni no kuni a huge flop or something? i'm surprised it's getting a sequel.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oh cool Ni No Kuni

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ni no Knuni 2??

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This looks swag

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rise of the PS4

program666
Aug 22, 2013

these cinematics look good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ni no Kuni was awesome and i'm glad they're making another

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
the snickers from the crowd when epic games says they're announcing a moba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Paper Triangle posted:

wasn't ni no kuni a huge flop or something? i'm surprised it's getting a sequel.

wrath of the white witch did fine, over 1M copies

• Locked thread