Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

mashed_penguin posted:

I played for the first time since CW came out last night. Brawling seems to be viable again and the Menturion is fun. I also managed to drop in a stupid cent ah I didn't even know I owned that had an AC20 and an LRM10 :psyduck:

Yeah, I just reinstalled the game after not playing for a year. Had fun with my Menturion, also didn't know what the Cent AH in my garage was from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
iirc you got the Cent AH if you're bad with money (like me).

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
welp

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

That's what the archer looks like.

:argh:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

It's happening.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

People sure are working very hard already to prevent any threat to PGI's cash grab

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The Steam forums are already on fire, and the game is still a few days out from hitting there.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Oh God why did I click that? NVKA, Vassago Rain, Heffay they are all there.

Like a terrible roadside accident I cannot look away.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

TeeMerk posted:

All the shitlers in one place. Too bad we can't literally :gas: them.

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

TeeMerk posted:

NKVA*, please get the acronym right.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Chomp8645 posted:

Imagine if Transverse had gotten off the ground and D-Smart got it in his sights alongside, or in place of, Star Citizen.

Now that would have been magical.....

I'm trying but instead I'm envisaging unicorn cyborg accountants made entirely of living green gelatin. Because that is more realistic.

You know if they keep releasing more heavies :pgi: should just make the random pug queues a free for all without distinction for mech chassis. Because I don't think there will be enough lights & mediums to make up the difference.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 8, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Scoops posted:

NKVA*, please get the acronym right.

It isnt pronounceable as a word. That makes it an initialism, not an acronym. :colbert:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Great Beer posted:

It isnt pronounceable as a word. That makes it an initialism, not an acronym. :colbert:

Huh. I didn't know that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gently caress, brawling is back, i got a spiffy new rig, and its launching on steam.

i hate this game but stompy robots is too much theiretical fun. GUESS IM BACK ON THUS TERRIBLE DECISION AGAIN

dreadman
Mar 18, 2007
epilepsy is great for washing up
Ok so i'm having heaps of fun playing this again - I played with goons back when it was "fun" - and it seems to have rolled all the way back around.
But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to sign up with the Goonrathi and so on.
I am in the process of making an account - added the token(?) in my SA profile, and there is only the Comment section - which i assume is where Sexy Bulbasaur 69 goes?

So where does the MWO refugee section go?

Ah i'm terrible at this.

I just want to yell with goons about robots.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Great Beer posted:

"inkayva"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Monathin posted:

gently caress, brawling is back, i got a spiffy new rig, and its launching on steam.

i hate this game but stompy robots is too much theiretical fun. GUESS IM BACK ON THUS TERRIBLE DECISION AGAIN

Eh, me too I guess.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

ARE YOU READY?

TO PULL THE TRIGGER?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Highlander IIC

Jenner IIC

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Oh good, they are putting the archer in? One more mech for me to pack out with SRM's + Artemis. Should be funny when someone runs up to it in literally any other mech and goes "Lol LRM boat" then promptly gets shredded.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dreadman posted:

Ok so i'm having heaps of fun playing this again - I played with goons back when it was "fun" - and it seems to have rolled all the way back around.
But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to sign up with the Goonrathi and so on.
I am in the process of making an account - added the token(?) in my SA profile, and there is only the Comment section - which i assume is where Sexy Bulbasaur 69 goes?

So where does the MWO refugee section go?

Ah i'm terrible at this.

I just want to yell with goons about robots.

I did the auth thing like, a year ago so I don't remember poo poo about it, but if you just join one of the units the mumble info will be in the MotD in-game and you won't have to bother about it. Just post your in-game name and which unit you wanna join.

:swoon:

Wasn't it supposed to drop on the 10th?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

I did the auth thing like, a year ago so I don't remember poo poo about it, but if you just join one of the units the mumble info will be in the MotD in-game and you won't have to bother about it. Just post your in-game name and which unit you wanna join.

:swoon:

Wasn't it supposed to drop on the 10th?

15th

the Jenner with six missile hardpoint is going to be a nasty SRM bomber

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

15th

the Jenner with six missile hardpoint is going to be a nasty SRM bomber

Be my Jenner bro once again.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Still haven't got any solid answers for the IIC mechs, will their hardpoints be swappable? Are the engines swappable?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

Be my Jenner bro once again.

okey

I wonder how it'll stack up to the Cheetah. I feel like it'll do more damage but be much less tanky

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Skoll posted:

All the shitlers in one place. Too bad we can't literally :gas: them.

I just browsed it for a minute and it's bad opinions, truth poisoned by inarticulate grammar, and guild recruiting that puts in way too much :effort: for a game of this caliber.

Then again I guess when your guild drops have designated EL AR EM FIRE SUPPORT FOX TWO FOX TWO and good decent erm terrible goons roll you, a bit of desperation is understandable.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Willfrey posted:

Still haven't got any solid answers for the IIC mechs, will their hardpoints be swappable? Are the engines swappable?

They are literally the same as IS mechs, except with access to clan weapons, ferro fibrous, XL engines, and endo-steel.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

They are literally the same as IS mechs, except with access to clan weapons, ferro fibrous, XL engines, and endo-steel.

the metamechs guy did some theorycraft builds (pre-patch) for some of them and they look beefy:

JR7-IIC
Build 1: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xSRM4, 5 tons ammo, 10xDHS
Build 2: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xSSRM2, 4 tons ammo, CAP, 10xDHS

JR7-IIC-2
Build 1: XL310 (158KPH), 1xJJ, 4xcERML, 1xSSRM6, 1 ton ammo, TC1, 10xDHS

JR7-IIC-3
Build 1: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 4xcSPL, 2xSRM4, 2 tons ammo, 13xDHS

JR7-IIC-A
Build 1: XL280 (143KPH), 2xJJ, 5xcERML, TC1, 16xDHS
Build 2: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xcSPL, TC1, 14xDHS

HBK-IIC
Build 1: XL225 (80KPH), 1xJJ, 2xGauss, 5 tons ammo, 10DHS (can swap out "Gauss" for "UAC20", same thing)
Build 2: XL200 (71KPH), 3xJJ, 2xGauss, 5.5 tons ammo, 10DHS
Build 3: XL225 (80KPH), 1xJJ, 2xcERML, 3xUAC5, 6 tons ammo, 10DHS
Build 4: STD200 (71KPH), 1xJJ, 2xGauss, 4 tons ammo, 10DHS - no armor on right side, both GR's in LT. Bad, but cool.

HBK-IIC-A
Build 1: XL255 (91KPH), 1xJJ, 1xcLPL, 5xcERML, TC1, 23xDHS
Build 2: XL275 (98KPH), 1xJJ, 2xcLPL, 3xcERML, TC1, 20xDHS
Build 3: XL255 (91KPH), 1xJJ, 4xcERLL, TC1, 20xDHS

HBK-IIC-B
Build 1: XL275 (98KPH), 1xJJ, 2xcERML, 4xSSRM6, 4 tons ammo, CAP, TC1, 15xDHS
Build 2: XL275 (98KPH), 1xJJ, 2xcMPL, 4xSRM6A, 5 tons ammo, TC1, 15xDHS

HBK-IIC-C
Builds 1&2: Same as the dual Gausses as on the HBK-IIC
Build 3: XL225 (80KPH), 1xJJ, 4xcERML, 2xUAC5, 4.5 tons ammo, TC1, 14xDHS

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

After the nerf, I wouldn't put 2 gauss on a HBK IIC. I think double UAC/10 might be the way to go.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

After the nerf, I wouldn't put 2 gauss on a HBK IIC. I think double UAC/10 might be the way to go.

yeah. I think dual gauss still might have a place but right now the recharge is too slow

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Willfrey posted:

Engines yes, hardpoints no. They aren't omni's.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
that jenner is going to be nasty

hitboxes look kinda bad though

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

the metamechs guy did some theorycraft builds (pre-patch) for some of them and they look beefy:

JR7-IIC
Build 1: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xSRM4, 5 tons ammo, 10xDHS
Build 2: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xSSRM2, 4 tons ammo, CAP, 10xDHS

JR7-IIC-2
Build 1: XL310 (158KPH), 1xJJ, 4xcERML, 1xSSRM6, 1 ton ammo, TC1, 10xDHS

JR7-IIC-3
Build 1: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 4xcSPL, 2xSRM4, 2 tons ammo, 13xDHS

JR7-IIC-A
Build 1: XL280 (143KPH), 2xJJ, 5xcERML, TC1, 16xDHS
Build 2: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xcSPL, TC1, 14xDHS

:gizz:

Aren't those erML builds going to run hot as gently caress though? Ever try putting MLs on a cheetah? It sucks.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

various cheeses posted:

Aren't those erML builds going to run hot as gently caress though? Ever try putting MLs on a cheetah? It sucks.

I think the extra tonnage could help a bit with cooling 'cuz heatsinks, and if you play it in a very poky style it could work, but with the ERML nerf it might not be worth it

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Comedy build: 6xLRM5 w/CAP.

Hey, if you're going to have fun, may as well be an rear end in a top hat about it. :iamafag:

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Game bad, don't waste your megabites.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Prawned posted:

Game bad, don't waste your megabites.
I pay by monthly, therefore I'll waste my megabytes!

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
If you spent the money to get your Clan Jenner early you may as well make the most of it and Have Fun. :shepspends:

(I didn't)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Engines yes, hardpoints no. They aren't omni's.

So basically IS modding and hardpoints with clan guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
All IIC mechs are are IS mechs, usually poo poo built from before the SLDF took off, fitted with clan tech.

• Locked thread