Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Internet Explorer posted:

#19, why did they wait until just now to make incremental changes to quirks and gauss to improve the brawling meta? It has been terrible for a long time already. Why now?

Steam Release, probably.

Is this horseshit on Steam now? I don't see it.

I'm trying to update this since it sounds like they brought sexy back. For some reason, when I run it I get nothing, not even a pop-up and nothing in Task Manager. I'm running the repair tool in the folder now.

Kevos Setzer fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Kevos Setzer posted:

Steam Release, probably.

Is this horseshit on Steam now? I don't see it.

I'm trying to update this since it sounds like they brought sexy back.

The game will release on steam later this week

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
It's coming to Steam? Oh really. No way that ends well.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Number19 posted:

Time for me to update my bookmarks it seems.

Are any of you goons coming to the PGI Steam Launch event?

That would have required me applying, although I live in the area and thus I could have gone fairly easily. Also it likely will have free drinks which would fit nicely in my budget.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Once you're done with Star Citizen can you go on a jihad against PGI tia~

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Coolwhoami posted:

That would have required me applying, although I live in the area and thus I could have gone fairly easily. Also it likely will have free drinks which would fit nicely in my budget.

There is an open bar

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hey #19, one of my Jade Falcon warhorns vanished last night when I was moving them around mechs. Will they give me one back?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

various cheeses posted:

Hey #19, one of my Jade Falcon warhorns vanished last night when I was moving them around mechs. Will they give me one back?

I can't guarantee it but you should contact support and see what they can do.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Number19 posted:

There is an open bar

:swoon:

various cheeses posted:

I lost my stuff when I came back, they suggested the normal things and when I told them it didn't work they almost instantly replaced the stuff. It was actually really cool.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
So when is mwo going to have their own incarna-like expansion? I want to make an 80's mech pilot and walk around the hangar.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

D_Smart posted:

Speaking of Steam, you should do a blog about the shonky "developer" publishing as 'Digital Homicide'. You should be able to find plenty of material.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Freakazoid_ posted:

So when is mwo going to have their own incarna-like expansion? I want to make an 80's mech pilot and walk around the hangar.

At least unlike EvE we would get radical future-1980s cooling vests and junk

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Number19 posted:

There is an open bar

drat! Well, enjoy it.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
im gay

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

BANNED

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Number19 posted:

I can't guarantee it but you should contact support and see what they can do.

PGI support is honestly really good and has been one of the most consistently great parts of the company in my experience. When in doubt, contact support@mwomercs.com

I can't wait to play with goons more often again.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Anyone remember Transverse?????

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Hey 19, before they reset the CW map could you maybe sneak into the office after hours and give every planet to WoL?

Asking for a friend.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Anyone remember Transverse?????

Literally the most fun I have had in MWO

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Anticheese posted:

PGI support is honestly really good and has been one of the most consistently great parts of the company in my experience. When in doubt, contact support@mwomercs.com

I can't wait to play with goons more often again.

I see someone didn't have to go through the bullshit to get a Penix refund, or shamefully choose not to

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Internet Explorer posted:

#19, why did they wait until just now to make incremental changes to quirks and gauss to improve the brawling meta? It has been terrible for a long time already. Why now?

Because they knew a fast paced brawling game would draw people in for the steam release and make the game seem popular / make the bad reviews look like the ranting of crazy people.

Expect all the positive changes to be slowly reverted over the course of the next six months, but be pleasantly surprised if that doesn't happen.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

This, this is what I can't wait to see on Steam. Renaming "upinya" because . . . it's slang? Banning people for "bofa?" This will play real, real well on Steam, I'm sure, when players can review games without filtering by the company.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Paramemetic posted:

This, this is what I can't wait to see on Steam. Renaming "upinya" because . . . it's slang? Banning people for "bofa?" This will play real, real well on Steam, I'm sure, when players can review games without filtering by the company.

Developers can curate the reviews for their games, but they can't do anything about that big red thumb that reads "mostly negative".

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Astroniomix posted:

Developers can curate the reviews for their games, but they can't do anything about that big red thumb that reads "mostly negative".

Good to know. Do they have to adhere to TOS things for Steam or will they still be able to ban people for saying "bofa"?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Changed my mind on the battlemaster it's really fun and I'm getting kills. It's got atlas s firepower but actually gets to fights.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
I miss the classic music when you started in the Wolf clan, but drat fine game!

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Paramemetic posted:

Thankfully reporting is easier than ever, friend!

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Number19 posted:

Time for me to update my bookmarks it seems.

Are any of you goons coming to the PGI Steam Launch event?

Where at?

edit: oh, only 3,187.5 miles away from me, NBD :(

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Hmm, re-install now, or wait for the steam version...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OB_Juan posted:

Hmm, re-install now, or wait for the steam version...

don't install it at all, actually

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Everyone should install to witness the peak and own steam noobs then witness the downfall through bad press, bad pr, and general schadenfreude.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Everyone should install to witness the peak and own steam noobs then witness the downfall through bad press, bad pr, and general schadenfreude.

Yes, let's all do our part to help maximize the success of PGI's desperate cash grab attempt and prolong the death of this game

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

A: not giving them money
B: owning the ever loving piss out of everyone we encounter so they don't come back
C: leave a terrible review and a thumbs down
D: tank the metrics so it looks like people really don't like it

Or E: do whatever you want, stop being bitters fucks, and let pgi try to have success because families and poo poo

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

Yes, let's all do our part to help maximize the success of PGI's desperate cash grab attempt and prolong the death of this game

If anything, logging in and jumping into matches costs them money. :shrug:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Kazvall posted:

A: not giving them money
B: owning the ever loving piss out of everyone we encounter so they don't come back
C: leave a terrible review and a thumbs down
D: tank the metrics so it looks like people really don't like it

Or E: do whatever you want, stop being bitters fucks, and let pgi try to have success because families and poo poo

Which one of those steps should I start with if I'm playing in order to not be responsible for putting Tiny Tim into a tiny box this Christmas.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

If anything, logging in and jumping into matches costs them money. :shrug:

It's amazing to me that people somehow think this is true in the era of in app/game/f2p purchases

WebDO fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 6, 2015

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

If it gives you enjoyment it should be done to great vigor and until the parts directly involved in the enjoyment fall off.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Dusty Lens posted:

Which one of those steps should I start with if I'm playing in order to not be responsible for putting Tiny Tim into a tiny box this Christmas.

Always start with 'not giving them money.'

That said, I did have fun in a splatcat last night.
The way the extra SRMs are bolted onto the launchers that should have more than enough room for all 3 (18 missiles < 20 missiles) is dumb as gently caress though.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Brawling is back?! gently caress, I just uninstalled last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I... I... I actually had fun last night doing 12mans with goons for hours. There was much squawking like ye olden days. Much brawling. Centurions ruled the day as we played our own version of NASCAR with SRMs and the pubbie teams got to roleplay Dale Earnhardht to our wall.

I feel ashamed of myself. :suicide:

• Locked thread