Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Battlemaster 1s makes a fun alternative as an srm brawler. Missiles refire really fast with quirks and modules and it can be a bit quicker than the splatlas. Shame its so fragile though. Its actually fatter than the atlas with much less hp and no ablative appendages :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Changed my mind on the battlemaster it's really fun and I'm getting kills. It's got atlas s firepower but actually gets to fights.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
People were talking about boating SRMs on light assaults last page; you could just add 5 tons to the weight of a Zeus and go Stalker with 4/5/6 SRMs and some lasers. I'm sure it'd be more survivable and pack more punch too. Think I'm gonna try one next.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Anyone else having hit detection issues? My pings usually 20-95 but it seems like hits that connect dont always register. This is when firing the faster autocannons or itano circus-sized missile volleys so that might contribute.
(Possibly im just bad.)

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=b89b68cdbbaa044af0688665a89595ca0630afa9
Been trying to figure out how to make the HBK-4G work for me. Came up with this. It's still not exactly surviveable but it's really great fun. I kind of want to try it with Ultra-AC5s though.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Is the enforcer a bad robot? I like the look of the UAC one

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Also hate putting ammo which can explode in your CT.

How much of a thing is this? I wonder if Ive been dying like twice as often because of always doing that. If like it if that explained some things.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Herb Dington posted:

I was there, I think. River City a few days ago? I nearly got cored out just cutting through lower city. ERLL supremacy.

If we won every match using the same tactics as them Id get bored as gently caress

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
how do you build your cent D banano?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I think maybe the cent d is just garbage.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

A.o.D. posted:

Warhammer goes back on the shelf.

It takes back damage from front shots.

I get the feeling a lot of robots sometimes have this problem (still)

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Bait and Swatch posted:

That build looks like I would have heat troubles, plus I like the MPLs in the arms to have a bit of precise damage. I wouldn't want to drop the engine, since I need to match the speed of the Stalkers I am usually with. I may try out some version of it though, just for kicks. Here's what I am running AS7-D-DC

I like the look of both these builds but it's going to spend more time facing the target if you want to fire those LBs the whole time

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=101&l=6cd9a79185f19aedbacbaf5299cd6af0c59911bb

I'm gonna try that orion build. How retarded is it? Im not sure how to play this thing. I looks like it should poo poo missiles ok, but it's too slow and fragile. See what happens I guess

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Pattonesque posted:

Battlemasters are actually really good now. The -2C gets crazy structure quirks and the -1S has a great 25% energy range bonus plus shoulder mounts.

I can't tell you how much I want this build to be viable:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=120&l=3fdde5fe5465835bb68fb50c9ef86c1a0d10ff5e

Tried to make it work for so very long

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Stringbean posted:

That being said, besides more Atlas which other Assaults are worth getting?

The Mauler is great, at least with 4xUAC-5

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
that's weird. My connection crashed while we were in the lobby and when I got back on, everyone had gone from the game and mumble :S

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
You could be a real rear end in a top hat with the +25% AC5 cooldown on that one rifleman

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
No mention of rescaling the fat ones lol

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
what

what changes to alpha

are they gonna increase ghost heat?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
What sort of problems are people having dealing with alpha strikes?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I hope the kodiak comes with a bear growl warhorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgbB5LI1Us8

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

TeeMerk posted:

FTFY

e: so nerfing high alphas is bad but mechs need to have a longer time to live, how does this work?

8v8. Or they could increase hp across the board again

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

A.o.D. posted:

increasing mech HP will only serve to make it even more mandatory that 12 mechs focus down their targets one at a time. It'll also make lights more irrelevant because shooting butts will become an essentially fruitless endeavor.

Making it so you can only fire so many of different types of weapon at once or so many weapons total at once or whatever will do this too, wont it?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

EoRaptor posted:

That build was so poorly implemented I had to fix it. MAL-1R

Are you going to get much more damage into a single component with 4X4 non-artemis srms compared to 2X4 artemis? I was always running the latter but I don't know how they stack up. I guess non-artemis should be fine for shooting at assaults and whatnot either way

Washout posted:

But you would still have the same dps, you just would not be able to alpha, so it would wreck the brawling meta and bring back the boring sniper meta.

On the plus side from my perspective, mixed autocannons would be back in and i could bring back my lovely old banshee!

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 29, 2016

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
So glad I haven't spent money on this game in years

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Sputty posted:

They're making the Grasshopper, one of the tallest mechs in the game and taller than assaults like the banshee, bigger. I don't know how the gently caress the Grasshopper is considered too small in their scaling system. They're making the Zeus bigger and that mech definitely needs to be made even shittier.

That's got to be bullshit. If they were that braindead they'd be unable to type the news

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Why is the Orion IIC so bad? It looks like you could put a good brawling loadout on it at least

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Tempted to try this with Commoner's gimmic kcrab

EDIT: Seems terrible. Oh well

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 12, 2016

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Bolow posted:

Commoner's builds are only intended for use by Commoner's

The one with large pulses and standard heat sinks is great fun

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Number19 posted:

There's a rare bug where we don't get the right DirectX info from the video driver and it ends up in a "not supported" error. From what I know it's almost always seen after a driver update and a reboot fixes it.

E: sometimes the driver outright lies to the game and tells it that a feature is supported when it's not. Like say...DirectX 11. That's what caused all those crashes about unable to create DirectX device a while back. We were auto detecting GPU settings and using the newest DX version. Except the driver would misreport and tell us DX11 was available when it's not and the game wouldn't start.

Is there a known bug with heat scaling even if you're below ghost heat threshold? Specifically I've got 4 large pulses on a Battlemaster 2C. While stationary, firing 1 takes it from 0-7% heat, 2 from 0-18%, and 3 from 0-30%. It's weird.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Supraluminal posted:

Are you testing on a cold map? My understanding is that they can set you to "negative heat" initially, so you're really at -3 or -4% before your first shot even though the meter shows 0%. ~11% per LPL would be consistent with that in your example.

Test on a hotter map like Tourmaline and see what happens. Or just kick your heat up and wait until it falls back to 10% before test firing, then subtract 10% from your result.

Yeah I'm dumb it's because of map heat. Sorry never mind

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Is it possible to switch out the colour palette for the game's UI so I can read my heat percentage quickly against dark backgrounds?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
The XL large pulse banshee rocks. Such a relief to get to go fast in that thing

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I like that Hunchback change. Wonder why the black knight needed nerfing though. Also, assault mechs just became scared of spiders and locusts

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

A.o.D. posted:

So that's a Cyclops, but we're not getting any C3 to go with it.

edit: vv that's pretty cool

No head laser though. Its the atlas monocle all over again!

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

veedubfreak posted:

The hero gets a head laser. And 2 ballistics in each shoulder. gogo lbx 40.

Praise be to robot jesus

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
^^^^^ whats that supposed to be?

Has anyone tried the buffed LBX10s?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Tried out 4 srm6 artemis and 2 lbx10 on a mauler. It tore up anything that got within a couple hundred metres. I'll try 4 lbx10s next

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
had a 1360 damage round last night i the old lbx mauler.

turns out lbxs on a ddc are still garbage. people are going to expect you to tank the entire enemy team and you need to torso twist for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Surely even with the lbx changes its not exactly op. That one dragon didnt get nerfed...

• Locked thread