Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
Goons at their finest: https://www.twitch.tv/piranhagames/v/72846005?t=24m

The cards don't lie: :smuggo:

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

veedubfreak posted:

WOL and GIRL are the only actual goon units that are playing.

Higby's Heroes is the official goon unit of MWO, unlike the ones that most of the whiny children in this thread belong to. We were at least able to get a team together for the tournament. No disrespect to the few goons who actually played on a non-mouthbreather level before this thread existed. You know who you are.

Edit: Why don't you all complain some more about those hacks that comp teams use, while we sit here and laugh at your PSR4-5 ineptitude.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Anita Dickinme posted:

Love you too bb :bigtran:

:love:

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Skoll posted:

I can't tell if he's kidding or a legitimate retard. Some help, please?

It's you. You are the retard.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Drewjitsu posted:

Who the gently caress are Higby's Heroes? They must be a post-exodus MWO group, right? Man, I feel old when new groups are claiming the title of "official goon group." :argh:

Higby's Heroes is a hardcore gay Christian roleplaying outfit from Planetside 2. We are now the premier goon MWO comp team, and are in the process of claiming the #1 title in the MWO2016 tournament. All while professing our undying love to the very beautiful MWO CM Tina Benoit.

Edit: The disorganized skill-less rabble in this thread can hardly be considered an actual group. Higby's Heroes takes great pride in their MLG style gameplay.

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 4, 2016

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
After a lengthy discussion with my old friend Riyott, he has decided to step down as Dear Leader. He does not have much time nor motivation to play these days. He has appointed me as the new Dear Leader of WOL. You may now bow to your new overlord and protector of all MWO goons.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Random Number posted:

So wait, riyott leads these higby pubbies? Lol he's a pretty good shot but garbage at tactics and impatient. My favorite memory of him is me telling the group to hang out and form a firing line on the saddle and he charged over then yelled at us because we didn't support him and rage quit.

So I guess congrats to hh on being bitch babies top to bottom!

You seem to misunderstand the situation. Riyott is NOT the leader of Higby's Heroes. Cpt Murphey is the space dad of the regular unit. I am the captain of the MWO2016 tournament team, and the brilliant strategist responsible for all our team wins. Riyott was so impressed with our superior tactics that he decided GIRL would be best off left in our hands while he takes an extended break from multiplayer gaming.

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 5, 2016

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Grognan posted:

You seem high on your own farts, I rec turning on the fan in your mech.

It's obvious you are trying to look "cool" or "hip" in the eyes of your low level colleagues, but your avatar perfectly illustrates how you view my magnificence in actuality.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
With the close of the MWO 2016 tournament regular season, Higby's Heroes are proud to announce our undefeated record for this season. Coming soon, a shiny new 1st place trophy and some sweet cold hard cash!

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Willfrey posted:

Oooo tournament play, sounds great cool wonderful

I was going to join but I decided to gently caress a beehive instead

competitve play in a f2p p2w is a fuckin joke

Well, it's kind of a moot point. To join the tournament, you would had to have at least 7 friends, and a minimal amount of skill.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Banano posted:

anyone up for a pubbie build night this weekend?

Isn't that every night for you all?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

TeeMerk posted:

Just a quick poll before tuesday quickplay faction warfare poo poo, should we go clans or IS? this is for GIRL and WoL

As a completely unbiased clanophile, clans mechs are better for CW.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Artificer posted:

Yeah but isn't it nicer to play with goons regardless of mechs?

No

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
So what is the plan for FW? Are we going to be syncing contracts? I see some goons as CSJ and then others as merc.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Pattonesque posted:

GIRL CSJ contract ends today. I'm assuming we go with IS for both, considering what goons have for mechs?

If it IS, then Liao or FWL are both at 40% bonus.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
Had my best Locust match ever last night. Couldn't clutch the win though unfortunately. It was pretty close though.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Artificer posted:

Please do not give pgi money

If you don't give PGI money, they won't make Mechwarrior 5.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

TheParadigm posted:

Follow up: any worthwhile builds for the loyalty blackjack?

4x LRM20 :gary:

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Commoners posted:

This is actually correct. I did the original calculations with an XL engine and large pulse lasers, in which the SHS boat edges out the DHS version, but switching to large lasers or ER larges and a standard makes it so that you can boat DHS more efficiently.

What's your Mist Lynx missile build?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Beraiye posted:

No, but they buffed machine guns. So, Urbanmechs are more than viable right now.

The best thing is how incredibly incompetent pubbies are with machine guns that they feel the need to cry to buff them. When machine guns have always been viable. :ssh:

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

Slow day at work and I somehow ended up here: https://www.themittani.com/content/traffic-control-transreversal
Now I understand why the MW:O mods dislike WOL and GIRL. What a shitshow.

I should mention, I got chat banned on the PGI twitch during the Mech Con stream for mentioning Transverse.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

"play with goons, it's better than playing with pubbies"

"lol if you call these guys racial slurs it makes them really mad"

We don't like your kind 'round here.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Rysithusiku posted:

they got buffed. alot. including a ~60% spread reduction. you can reliably rape 1 component now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Who actually probates for the word "rape"?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Skoll posted:

:lol: Holy poo poo that is some D&D garbage.

That was basically my first thought as well.

Edit: The probation was issued by a D&D mod. Everything makes sense now.

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 10, 2017

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
I must say, the lance in formation challenge is probably one of the most irritating ones I have had to do while pugging.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Cyrano4747 posted:

Who gives gently caress about numbers, what kind of awful nerds are you?

The only real metric that matters is whether the player base is large enough to quickly and effectively create balanced teams.

Based on how badly I've seen the matchmaker making GBS threads itself and making me wait multiple minutes for a match in goddamned solo queue the answer is LOL NOPE.

edit: to make it clear I actually enjoy this game, I've gotten kind of good at it, and I really don't regret any of the money I've given PGI. I've gotten enough hours logged just on Steam (and I was around pre-Steam) that the cost:benefit ratio is still way above most of the 60 hour titles I've played and set aside.

That said, you're kind of a dumb if you pump money into the game at this point. I'm quickly losing confidence that it will be around in a playable state (as in finding matches, not just whether they cock up the rules again with Ghost Heat 3: Ghost Harder) a year from now.

Maybe the matchmaker has trouble finding other people that are that bad?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 15, 2017

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
Didn't PGI, at one point, claim that building dense maps would be too much for the engine to handle?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
Found your all's favorite system in ED.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
I never understood why people hate poptarts so much. It's one of the more fun styles of gameplay. Honestly, the only people that would dislike it are the lovely aim bads.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
The hate for poptarts on this forum is getting to the point of racism.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Commoners posted:

Stealth armor PB + air strikes is really powerful. You can open up a whole team of mechs on their backs and then just go to town without repercussion.

What's your build for that?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Commoners posted:

Four ML, stealth armor, ECM, three heat sinks, XL190. Just shoot people until they die.

ER or regular med? I was thinking of doing ERs but they seem to run a bit hot.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Yardbomb posted:

I feel like I'm never super worthless at any range, throw LRMs while I'm making my way in

I lol-ed.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
I am kind of excited for this. It might give the cheetah a new breath of life since the SPL nerf.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
I was excited for the 6 MG Cheetah, but this is going to be even more trolly.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
You have to be window licking retarded to be tier 5. An example of that type of player would be someone that brings a 2x LRM 10/2x small laser Stalker with 25 tons of ammo, and then proceeds to shoot 90% of his shots into walls. Funny enough, those people do exist and in force no less. It's at least 50% of the playerbase.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

Unless the skill of the people that have this problem is lower than average (even lower than that since you don't even have to be averagely good to rank up).

The underhive is not self aware.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

This sounds like a MW version of Freelancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

That is super old.

• Locked thread