Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I will reinstall this bad game, play it for a day or two, and then uninstall it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I... I... I actually had fun last night doing 12mans with goons for hours. There was much squawking like ye olden days. Much brawling. Centurions ruled the day as we played our own version of NASCAR with SRMs and the pubbie teams got to roleplay Dale Earnhardht to our wall.

I feel ashamed of myself. :suicide:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SaltLick posted:

Still havent activated my premium from being an original founder. This game faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

I haven't either. I doubt I ever will.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aesis posted:

Bad games get bad reviews for a reason. *cough* your games *cough*

:drat:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

That's a good way to have a sibling steal your kill and shoot you in the back. After that, you end up as a maintenance tech and can only resume piloting mechs under an assumed name and the only way to regain your right to pilot a 'mech is under a trial of refusal and end up in charge of a disgraced unit. Better to just do things the normal way.

Those were bad books.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Never claimed otherwise.

No, I understand.. Aidan Pryde is just a horrible Mary Sue-ish character though. Most of the BT books are bad, but there are some gems. I actually liked Hearts of Chaos.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TeeMerk posted:

Oh God why did I click that? NVKA, Vassago Rain, Heffay they are all there.

Like a terrible roadside accident I cannot look away.

All the shitlers in one place. Too bad we can't literally :gas: them.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
All IIC mechs are are IS mechs, usually poo poo built from before the SLDF took off, fitted with clan tech.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:pgi: would probably make a boatload of money if they sold the Atlas II since canonically a couple were spotted on Tukayyid.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

I feel like the Kodiak is their next big moneymaker

The sad thing is I would probably buy one if the game continues to be fun.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Kodiak's a 4/6 in tabletop, so it'd be as fast as the BattleMaster. It'd be the fastest 100-tonner in the game unless they release the Iron Cheetah (lol).

Thankfully that's noncanon and will probably never see the light of day outside of Megamek or a miniature kitbash.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

I bet visibility on the Hunchback II-C is terrible.

They might cheat the camera/cockpit position a bit though so who knows.

Hunchback IIC was originally something they just threw aging warriors in to go die, so yeah, why design good visibility for an expendable mech and pilot?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

Does anyone remember what the #savemwo key demands were? Iterative balance testing, no ghost heat, ..., ..., ...?

Fire Paul.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of like CBT again where everything was chill and we just had fun in huge clusterfucks of brawls. Whilst I am in too many financial straits to make bad monetary decisions regarding this game, I've managed to grind out my first Clan mech after only a few nights of grinding with goons.

Don't pub it up and just play with goon drops and you'll have fun.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is the AS-7 I use, called the Splatlas.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=241&l=34897a95262a63cad3792bdc574f0a4591f956c3

edit:

inb4 :goonsay: over "zomg ur bad cuz command console"

Skoll fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 12, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

1. You need more SRM ammo. Those are your primary damage dealers, not your AC/20.

2. If you're going to put 2 Medium lasers, why not put them in your center torso so that you still have guns when you get popsicled?

3. you don't need that command console for anything. All it gives you is lock speed and range, and you're in a freakin' brawl build. Allocate those tons for the aforementioned SRM ammo.

edit: vvvvvvv the latter. You're still accumulating skill points while you pilot the trial version, so there's no need to downgrade to a default fit.

1. I run out of AC before I run out of SRM. I'm actually quite adept at protecting that torso.

2. I don't wan't everything to be torso mounted because the Atlas cannot elevate the torso up or down for poo poo. Even if it's minuscule damage, it still helps to be able to shoot something above or below me. Every point of damage counts.

3. I had the space so figured why the gently caress not, it's a 25% increase in radar acquisition. My ammo allocation is fine and I've yet to run completely dry.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rape Stink posted:

For the new people: Mechlabing between every match is bad form. Build your robot and stick with it. Mechlab after the group disbands

Alternatively, you can mechlab if you don't take forever. If someone just wants to change one or two things, I don't see the big deal.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is the tiering system pretty much representative of KDR or is it basically a progression bar? I keep trying to make it go down but it stays stuck on Tier 4.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Props to Anticheese last night for running a hilarious gag for a few hours of herding pubbies. Dude was putting on this officious announcer like voice and trying to lead pubs to victory. poo poo was funny as hell.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

I think I'm done playing MWO until the next event, or the next wave of aimbot bans comes down. We dropped like 3 or 4 consecutive times against SJR and they weren't even subtle about their cheating.

PGI needs to get this poo poo under control. There's no point even trying to play this game when this crap goes down on the regular.

Much as I don't wanna be THAT GUY, I've played with SJR when they still called themselves Smoke Jaguars in MW4 and in MWO before open beta. While I agree their leadership is an egotistical oval office, I'm almost positive none of them cheat. Those guys literally live and breathe these stupid games and hold daily practices for them. I'm not kidding at all, they're probably like zen masters at this stupid poo poo because it is ALL they play. I mean, it's totally possible but unlikely.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Last night I saw lasers perfectly tracking leg bone nodes. Human hands don't do that. People were cheating, regardless of your personal opinions of them.

Like I said dude, anything is possible. I know their core group are ultra spergs and whatnot when it comes to mech games but it really wouldn't surprise me if some or most did cheat. Ultimately I try to stick low tier so don't much care I guess.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Eh, someone combined Mad Cats and actual cats.

http://mechacatathon.causevox.com/

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

kashbrok posted:

Great fun, but this is going to take forever to work up the c-bills pick up my first clan mech.

Actually, I got my first Clan mech the other night and I've only been playing a few hours a night with goons, no premium time. You can earn over 100k a game pretty easily and Clan mechs are like 15m at most.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That Italian Guy posted:

I guess that would explain why I have one of them around... Too bad, since I've bought a D-DC but I've misjudged how expensive it was going to be to pimp it up properly and I was looking for property to sell. 2.6mils for a St350 :( Dropping with an St300 feels sso sluggish!

I use a 340 and it's fine.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Justin Credible posted:

I can't bring my custom Timber Wolf into faction play, but I can bring my Griffin. Anyone know what's up with that?

If you're in an IS group, you cannot bring Clan mechs to CW and vice versa.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We got a drop going on right now in mumble if anyone wants to drop with us.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's nice to know that after all these years, KONG are still bad. We just dropped against an assault lance of them and cap warrior'd River City.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alchenar posted:

PGI have just dug themselves a hole with monetisation though because if they adopt a price plan more like War Thunder (what I'd call the gold standard right now) then the backlash from the whales will be immense.

War Thunder is far from a gold standard. If anything, Gaijin has consistently been raising their prices and upping their grind. PGI just copied World of Tank's retail model and morons bought into it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Drakes posted:

Hows the grasshopper? Kinda itching to work up some heavies and the black knight will be around for c-bills next month.

It's a laserboat that has jump jets and is too big. The Black Knight is basically a cooler looking Grasshopper. Don't buy with the expectation to SRM hell someone.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

I have been getting absolutely hosed all night in the solo queue and it is making me rage.

Play with goons

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I use Endo and ff on my Shadow Hawk builds and it allows them to take incredible rear end poundings. Obviously, it's dependent on play style, but I have a 97kph Shadow Hawk with SRMs and a ER PPC with full armor plus endo and ferro. It's a nasty light hunter and you can also punch up towards the bigger mechs. No room for Artemis but you don't really miss it when you shoot n skoot.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wales Grey posted:

Shadow Hawk is also only 45t, it's basically a light mech.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Hopefully this AH can be sold. I'm stuck forever with an AH, an atlas, and a king crab I can never get rid of. Thankfully, they came with their mechbays, so the only cost to me is having to look past them to find the mech I want.

You can ask Support to remove them. I'm not sure if you keep the bays though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The hill climbing thing was such a stupid loving decision. It makes playing an Assault on Bog mind numbingly painful, not to mention there is poo poo on other maps that your 12 meter tall loving robot should be able to step over and climb but cant because of dumb gameplay decisions.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

starkebn posted:

So I've stopped my machine from crashing whenever I try and play, someone invite me to WoL or GIRL please, I'm playing now.

My pilot name is 'starkebn'

Got you. Like your Steve Lichman av.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

starkebn posted:

thanks mate

PS, should I try and get ECm on my Jenner-3L build or can I go without?

Always take ECM when you can. And yeah it's almost 6 AM EST here, the only group that was playing just broke up and there were only three of us.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

What's a phoenix mech and why did I get a special achievement for killing one?

http://mwo.gamepedia.com/Project_Phoenix

Basically, any of four mechs with a (P) designation after it's variant. I don't know why they included an achievement for killing any of them, though. I use my Phoenix Thunderbolt a lot because of the c-bill bonus and have probably given a lot of people that achieveo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Invites sent.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm on mumble right now if anyone wants to group to shoot robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:commissar:

• Locked thread