Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Crows aren't that scary in scouting. The only ones that are tough to deal with are the pulse laser boats, everything else you can just shoot in the massive unquirked leg and move on. They don't stand up well to Griffins, Crabs, Hunchbacks, Blackjacks, or Shadowhawks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I think it's a bit remiss to not include some PINCHING POWAH in the CW loadouts. The whole line of CRBs are terrific in CW, in both invasion and scouting.

The CRB-20 doesn't look like much, but it's a nasty piece of work. It gets a 15% duration bonus to standard lasers which means you're burning for the same time as pulse lasers at half the weight and more range. The XL350 gives you the power to get in and out of engagements quickly and to use your range to keep SRMs at bay; and in scouting, your 121kph means you're as good as most lights at gathering data while you still hit like a medium. As if that weren't enough, you get a whopping 80 points of bonus structure, almost all of which is in the torsi and legs, you're undersized, and you have fantastic hitboxes.

The 27B comes in both standard engine zombie flavor and XL speed racer form. Personally I prefer the standard engine in the solo queue where it makes a mean Dad-Supporter, but in CW for both scouting and invasion the 113kph XL build makes for a nasty skirmisher. It has the same extra structure as the 20 but swaps out duration quirks for a 10% heat gen quirk which means you get 3-4 alphas before you overheat. Two well-aimed shots from this thing leave Stormcrows with 6hp on their legs assuming maxed leg armor, and it's very easy to twist the damage in this mech which gives you the staying power you need to win 1v1 crow fights in scouting every time. In invasion this has the heat efficiency to support heavy brawl pushes with ease. Overall I think this build is a little more killy than the 20, but it sacrifices range and speed to do so.

There's also a pretty drat good 3 LPL 27SL build that milks the range bonus you get from pulse lasers, but even though it's good I find it a touch boring and meta so I don't run it as often. Swapping to an XL and adding jumpjets makes it a bit more fun if that's your thing though.

I just love the crabs in CW, I often wind up doing more damage in them than my assaults. They have a tough shell to crack, scuttle quickly, and pinch hard. Can't recommend these enough.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The only thing that's wrong with Frozen city is that it spawns 24 players instead of 16. They're gonna gently caress it up, I just know it.

New Assault probably will be disappointing even though it sounds like it has potential; but at least it can't be worse than it is now.

And really, crates? Those are juuust what this game needed.

Oh, and to the people asking about Crabs: Just get 'em. They're my favourite mediums in the game bar none right now. The only serious complaint I would level against them is that they all contain nothing but energy hardpoints, which can make them feel a little samey unless you specifically build to avoid that. They're very good and more importantly very fun mechs though.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I've had really bad experiences using the Discord web client, usually have to reconnect 3-4 times just so I can hear everyone and everyone can hear me. Sometimes it drops in the middle of a conversation and doesn't notify you of this fact, and overall I have been less than impressed. The client is apparently pretty decent, but I don't have any experience with it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Not to throw gasoline on the VOIP Wars fire, but what are the rules about goons who aren't in GIRL/WOL? I shoot robots pretty often, but I'm in a different unit and I didn't want to just jump into the mumble channel just because I found it way back in the thread or whatever.

Also, on a less dumb boring topic

I recently realized I still have a 4xCERPPC Warhawk in my bays. Are they still good or should I put like LPLs or something on it?

The WHK isn't awful, but it's worse than pretty much every decent IS assault, and particularly the Stalker at the same tonnage outclasses it in every single way. On the other hand, it's better than every clan assault except the Direwolf, and it's more of just a sidegrade to the DWF.

It does alright with four PPCs, but the thing is that it's just got some really bad problems with the shape of the mech that put it in an awkward situation. It's the same size as the already-fragile DWF but 15 tons lighter, so it gets shredded when anything looks at it funny, which means it's not great at the whole "being up front leading pushes" thing that assaults are supposed to do. But there are some support assaults that take long range weapons like the ER PPC and cLPL and make it work- unfortunately, the Warhawk is a knuckle dragger, you have to expose pretty much everything but your legs to shoot, which makes it really bad at the long range support game too.

If you're determined to run it (and I am, because I'm a retard and value looks & nostalgia more than performance.) the LPLs are definitely going to net you more damage and more kills, but the ER PPCs are definitely more fun. The WHK also gets some minor PPC quirks that make them slightly less useless, and every now and then I have crazy clutch games with it where every shot seems to hit CT and really makes the PPCs shine. Be aware that even with the Warhawk's outrageous number of heatsinks (my build has 28 DHS) you can only fire twice on most maps before you have to retreat to cool off because of the awful clan heatsink capacity. The upside is that you do cool fairly quickly, but the lack of burst damage really hurts a weapon like PPCs that relies on that.

Oh, and definitely hop in even if you're not in WoL/GIRL. I'm not, but whenever I do play with goons, it's always the most fun, even if we lose.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I mean, the ACH only gets two M hardpoints anyway and you definitely have the tonnage for 2 SRM6 (or 2 ASRM4) + 4 ER SL, plus ECM and maxed armor.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That's one of my favourite bugs though. :[

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I actually really like my WHKs for some weird reason (probably why I also like urbies, adders, and cicadas) but hadn't played my 4xCERPPC one in a long time. The one I usually roll with is a 2xUAC10 build which is really fun, even if the loadout seems anemic for an assault. I might try switching my Prime to LPLs but it sounds like it's almost just as well sticking with PPCs, and there's something way fun about being able to shoot four of those bastards at once.

I just know that the 4xCERPPC build isn't really listed anywhere, so I wasn't sure if I was being a superbad by running it or just a regularbad. I'm okay with the latter.

I guess I should have mentioned it but I didn't because you specifically asked about the PPC/LPL thing, but the UACs builds are probably the best reason to run a Warhawk. If you're using both ballistic arms you get 10% cooldown, which isn't great on its own, and a -30% UAC jam chance which is, as far as I am concerned, the best quirk any clan mech gets. Someone ran the numbers on how much that actually increases your DPS, and while I can't Rain Man them for you, trust me when I say it is very very significant. It turns the 2 UAC10 build (I run mine with SRMs, good players run them with LPLs) and UAC20 builds into threats that have to be dealt with immediately. I mean, you're still fragile as gently caress in the Warhawk, but both UAC20 brawlers and UAC10 skirmisher Warhawks will reliably break 1000 damage if the enemy just chooses not to deal with you in a timely fashion, all because you can keep making GBS threads shells all over them. Granted, you're spraying the damage everywhere, especially if you pair it with SRMs like I do, but 1000 damage in a single mech is still very good even if you are getting it from bullet bukkake.

I wondered how long it would take someone to mention how great the name "Sudden Eagle" is. I am not disappointed.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You're not wrong about clan mechs being anemic. Watch any comp team, the Black Knight has completely replaced the Timber, the Griffin has replaced the Crow, the Oxide has replaced the Cheetah, and the only clan assault even worth thinking about is the Dire, which is worse than pretty much all the IS assaults because of its sluggishness and fragility. The clan mech that gets the most comp usage right now is the JR7-IIC, but that's really only because it doesn't cost real money like the Oxide which is objectively better in every way except for its lack of jumpjets.

EDIT: And every clan mech that isn't ACH/JR7/SCR/HBK/TBR/EBJ/DWF is pretty much complete garbage right now. There are a couple builds that are viable in a niche gimmick sort of way like the 6SSRM6 MDD, but none of them are useful the vast majority of the time.

aniviron fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 13, 2016

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is kind of half the point, though. The competitive skill floor for clans is very low - that's the point of saying that a merely competent clan CW drop (and again, CW is the context here) can go toe to toe against most anyone they drop against just by playing wholly to their strengths. Note that "most anyone" does not include units like MS or 228 that drop with very specific, tailored drop decks and mech loadouts since dropping against them isn't the norm. But against more casual fare (such as WoL, where we essentially just drop with a loose mix of range and brawly and not always in mechs optimized to do either because gently caress it we do this for fun), it's a playstyle that is extremely strong for essentially being the default.

On the other hand throwing a bunch of lasers on a BL KNT or BJ or some SRMs on an JR7-O or GRF is very difficult and super way more high skill than playing clan stuff.

I mean, I think of the 20-odd CW games I played with WoL this event against clanners we lost, maybe two of them?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

TheParadigm posted:

Out of curiosity, what are some warhawk builds? How do ultras fare on it? I was just noticing the ballistic quirked arms the other day.

I'm gonna quote myself in a second because I wrote a little novella about Warhawks a few pages ago, but succintly: The common builds are 4 PPC/LPL, double uAC10s (I prefer SRMs, but you can and should use LPLs for this if you're smarter than me, the range works better), boring laser vomit + gauss, and finally the rare brawlhawk. Ultras fare very well, the -30% jam chance is a fantastic quirk, much better than it sounds at first blush, and the cooldown is nice if you go with both ballistic arms, though the WHK is a little starved for non-arm hardpoints so generally you won't be able to take both if you don't use ballistics in both arms.

As for the rest:

aniviron posted:

The WHK isn't awful, but it's worse than pretty much every decent IS assault, and particularly the Stalker at the same tonnage outclasses it in every single way. On the other hand, it's better than every clan assault except the Direwolf, and it's more of just a sidegrade to the DWF.

It does alright with four PPCs, but the thing is that it's just got some really bad problems with the shape of the mech that put it in an awkward situation. It's the same size as the already-fragile DWF but 15 tons lighter, so it gets shredded when anything looks at it funny, which means it's not great at the whole "being up front leading pushes" thing that assaults are supposed to do. But there are some support assaults that take long range weapons like the ER PPC and cLPL and make it work- unfortunately, the Warhawk is a knuckle dragger, you have to expose pretty much everything but your legs to shoot, which makes it really bad at the long range support game too.

If you're determined to run it (and I am, because I'm a retard and value looks & nostalgia more than performance.) the LPLs are definitely going to net you more damage and more kills, but the ER PPCs are definitely more fun. The WHK also gets some minor PPC quirks that make them slightly less useless, and every now and then I have crazy clutch games with it where every shot seems to hit CT and really makes the PPCs shine. Be aware that even with the Warhawk's outrageous number of heatsinks (my build has 28 DHS) you can only fire twice on most maps before you have to retreat to cool off because of the awful clan heatsink capacity. The upside is that you do cool fairly quickly, but the lack of burst damage really hurts a weapon like PPCs that relies on that.

aniviron posted:

I guess I should have mentioned it but I didn't because you specifically asked about the PPC/LPL thing, but the UACs builds are probably the best reason to run a Warhawk. If you're using both ballistic arms you get 10% cooldown, which isn't great on its own, and a -30% UAC jam chance which is, as far as I am concerned, the best quirk any clan mech gets. Someone ran the numbers on how much that actually increases your DPS, and while I can't Rain Man them for you, trust me when I say it is very very significant. It turns the 2 UAC10 build (I run mine with SRMs, good players run them with LPLs) and UAC20 builds into threats that have to be dealt with immediately. I mean, you're still fragile as gently caress in the Warhawk, but both UAC20 brawlers and UAC10 skirmisher Warhawks will reliably break 1000 damage if the enemy just chooses not to deal with you in a timely fashion, all because you can keep making GBS threads shells all over them. Granted, you're spraying the damage everywhere, especially if you pair it with SRMs like I do, but 1000 damage in a single mech is still very good even if you are getting it from bullet bukkake.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You only have to wait another month. The June resize and requirk pass will either finally make the WHK decent because it's not so huge and so breakble, or it will relegate it to mediocrity for the next few years because the change wasn't enough.

There is a pretty good chance that it will get quite a bit smaller since it's the same size as the DWF (which is also getting smaller; PGI is using volume instead of surface area because they have no idea what they are doing. The Awesome is getting bigger because it has a low volume thanks to its relative thinness...) but mechs that are getting smaller are also losing most/all of their quirks, according to Russ.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

sebmojo posted:

hahahah you are actually joking, surely

No, this is straight from Russ on twitter. They're using volume instead of surface area to rescale the mechs. This means that anything which is very short on one axis but big on the others (i.e. Awesome and Grasshopper, both of which are confirmed getting bigger) is going to be massive and anything that is cuboidal (Direwolf, confirmed getting smaller) is making out like a villain.

That's because PGI didn't take into account the fact that you shoot the surface of the mech, not the volume of it, and that having a small front but a wide side like the Stalker or Crab is just fine but having a big front but a small side is relatively little use.

I hope nobody was hoping the rescale was going to bring any kind of balance to the game or anything. It will be better than what we have now, but mechs like the Trebuchet and Awesome are still going to be garbage because they're thin from the side.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You have been judged, and found unworthy.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Xenothral posted:

Oh, it's a pretty negligible amount for the C-UAC/5s anyway looks like. Especially for an assault.

It looks gentle, but it's not. The 6uAC5 DWF is absolutely brutal if you mess up your firing rhythm for just a couple cycles. Triggering it once gives you a pretty stiff penalty because there are six of them, but you have to keep in mind that when you're double tapping a gun that already fires as fast as the uAC5 does, even a tenth of a second off between the two groups means you get a penalty for six, penalty for nine, penalty 12, 15, 18... and you can accumulate all that in about two seconds. It's very possible to spike from ~20% to overheating in two volleys because of the way the penalty grows for each "additional weapon" and the fact that firing a fast-firing weapon a second time in a window adds to the penalty again.

If you only have four uAC5s on your KDK you might be able to get away with just firing them as a single group, providing you make absolutely sure not to double tap that group within the ghost heat firing window or else you're stacking the penalty to eight right away.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

whaddya think -- 24 MLXs to soften them up for the Bear rush, or 24 Bears and then finish them off with the lynxes?

MLX couldn't finish off a half-eaten bowl of tuna salad let alone any kind of battlemech. Definitely use them for early fodder and hilarity, because after the second wave they're gonna know the bear hug is coming.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I don't own a Leather Bear Dad so I can't comment specifically, but in general lasers with long burn times aren't a great idea with weapons like LBX that let you fire and twist instantly. 4 ER MLs would leave you less helpless at range and add a bit of alpha though.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Unless they've changed it in the last two patches, ERs benefit from generic PPC quirks.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

24 Kodiaks can probably take out 36 robbits easily

Unfortunately 24 MLXes can probably not take out any 12 remaining mechs unless it's like a Vindicator/Trebuchet/Awesome mix, and even then only if all three of those mechs are PPC/LRM with minimum range.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

They don't even need the weapon quirks, just give them half the Oxide's structure and they will at least be competitive with it. That said, the Oxide definitely does need to be toned down a bit, it's still the best light in the game, hands down. It does roughly the same DPS as the JR7 IIC, its next closest competitor, but has 87 more points of structure.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Kitfox is not great, but it's a hell of a lot better than the MLX, and not as good as the ADR. It's about as fragile as the MLX, but hits much much harder, you can do 4 SRM6, among other things. Unfortunately it is not quirked as heavily as the ADR despite being lighter, the same size, and having less hardpoints.

Triple AMS is kind of a waste. Was sorta useful back when ECM had a 180m bubble so you could bumble around your assaults and help out, but at 90m you're usually just getting in their way, and nobody really brings lurms for you to shoot down anyway. If you're in SRM range, it's generally too late for your AMS to be helpful. Also, I have heard but not confirmed that the third AMS is redundant because it targets the same missiles as the second AMS does which means the only function it has is eating through ammo faster.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The Night Gyr will be made or broken on hitboxes though. It has big rounded bulges everywhere, and a massive torso. It won't ever be a total dud just because of its crazy firepower potential, but it might be a less-extreme version of the Direwolf, too slow and too fragile to compete with much tougher mechs like the Black Knight.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I also take issue with the idea that was presented that the mech doesn't turn or twist that well. Its turn and twist rates with 375s and 400s are the same as a medium, it's two degrees per second slower than a 275 engine HBK IIC. Any perceived sluggishness might be coming from the mech not being elited yet.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

TheParadigm posted:

how do clan SRMs fare without the artemis? I've been considering removing it from my bear.

They're pretty comparable to IS SRMs. They have more spread, but it's only about 10% more, IIRC.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Really wish smurfy´s showed quirks.

There's a huge list of them here: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/#mechs_quirks_light_innersphere

Though you might have known about that but been wishing that it showed them on the mech build page, I dunno. That would be a nice feature.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm so tempted by the Oxide, I already have all six other Jenners mastered, but I can't shake the feeling that after the June rebalance PGI is going to go all Huggin and it won't be worth a drat anymore.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Stringbean posted:

Same could be said for literally any mech.

#YOLO #Oxide4lyfe

I mean, to some degree I agree. But some mechs will never really be bad, like the Stalker with its excellent profile and high mounted hardpoints.

The JR7-O, however, is only good because of quirks, nothing else, and quirks are the most changeable aspect of a mech. They get shuffled around on a pretty routine basis, and we already know that every mech is getting its quirks reevaluated after the resizing and that almost every mech is getting resized, which leaves me with very low confidence that the Oxide will retain both its offensive and structure quirks; and it needs both to not be bad; just look at how little play it saw before receiving the quirks it has now, or again, how much the Huggin saw when it poo poo out SRM4s at triple the fire rate compared to how little it sees now.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I agree that the missile quirks are pretty small- roughly on par with the other Jenners' weapon quirks. Take away the structure and you just have a normal Jenner, which is going to be not that great, like the other Jenners are.

Definitely wouldn't put it past PGI to nerf both. Again, there have been plenty of hero mechs that have been heavily quirked, bought for meta builds, and had the rug pulled out from under them. Huggin remains the most applicable example here, but the Dragon Slayer, Grid Iron, etc show that PGI is not afraid of angry customers.

The recent "nerf" to the Oxide was a removal of its +15% torso twist rate, that was all.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Stringbean posted:

Get whatever aligns with the chassis you enjoy most.

If you like cicadas, get dat cicada.

Ultimately, the only advice in the thread that matters.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

No pictures for the spacepoor?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I quite like the LB20, but I wouldn't say it's better or worse than the UAC20. The only time I would definitively give one weapon the advantage over the other is if there is a major jam reduction chance; so my Summoners and Warhawks run UAC20s to alarming effect because of that jam chance quirk (which doesn't seem like much, but if you run the numbers it is a HUGE boost to DPS) whereas the Stormcrow runs an LB20. I definitely have to agree that it syncs nicely with SRMs, and I also agree that it runs cooler than a UAC, which is one of the things I really like about it- on Mordor or Tourmaline, you can run a bit toasty with the SRMs but the LB20 lets you keep firing a big gun well after your opponent has to stop.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Part of the sizedown is that the legs are much more hunched up, it doesn't stand as tall because of the posture.

Also, Butterbee pretty much just straight up invalidates the C1 and C4 variants. Two more missile hardpoints than the C1, two more energy than the C4.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The thing you have to remember about the quirks is that they do not exist in a vacuum, and almost every mech in the game is getting both resized and requirked on the day that mech comes out. The quirks will probably still be garbage, but to PGI's credit they seem to be trying to rein in quirk power creep and maybe the patch on the 21st means the PHX's quirks aren't as bad as they seem.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

Left: 35 ton mech

Right: 50 ton mech

That image is deceptive as hell though. Did no one think "I wonder why these mechs' pictures have been taken at an extreme side angle instead of a normal frontal angle?"

The answer is because then the image isn't shocking and sensational because the Nova is still two and a half times as wide as the Jenner (while the Jenner is 70% of its weight) and as superstar mechs like the Awesome repeatedly show, having a wide profile in MWO is very good for survivability.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

A.o.D. posted:

Also the jenner has guns above the cockpit, while the nova still knuckledrags every single one of its weapons.

And the Nova is stuck with no endo, no ferro, and five locked jumpjets, and a whole bunch of other problems. They're still not exactly top poo poo, but they're very playable right now. I'm sure PGI is going to gently caress it up next patch though, can't have any playable clan mechs except SCR/TBR/HBR/EBJ, that would be crazy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, about the Catapults: the size of the model is based on the size with the default weapon loadouts, i.e. the CPLT is calculated using the huge square boxes that the C1/C4 have. The tiny little nub arms that the Jester/K2 have means those two are significantly undersized for their tonnage.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

various cheeses posted:

What did they do to frozen city?

Also which light is best now? Or should I just keep not playing?

Frozen City is terrible now. I'm not sure why we can't have a city map where the fighting actually happens in the city, but River, Crimson, and now this show that PGI is committed to the sniper meta lasting forever.

The best light is the Locust (not a sentence I ever thought I would type). It's tiiiiiiiiiiiiny, seriously it's half the size of the Spider but it retained its massive structure quirks and it still has great offensive quirks.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

NightfallGemini posted:

Just around 7mil. I've been enjoying lights and mediums the most, just like back when I used to play, though I've given some thought to sniper stuff too.

I know people are going to jump on me for suggesting a clan robbit, but the Stormcrow is a great starter mech. It's not the best at any given thing, gets outbrawled by Griffins, outsniped by Cicadas, etc, but it does every single role in the game with the right omnipods, and it does all those roles maybe not the best, but better than most mechs. It can snipe, it can brawl, it does pretty much whatever you want. It's fast, agile, has forgiving hitboxes, and it's got a poo poo ton of room for guns.

So either use the trials to find out what you really like doing, or buy a Stormcrow and gently caress around with it until you figure it out.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah, hard to go wrong with them. No missile variant, but they're a very solid mech, durable and with a pretty decent shape and number of hardpoints. Unlikely to be obsolete any time soon. If you're having fun, you did it right.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The Catapult build you posted will work, but as a general rule it's better to keep all your weapons in the same range bracket in this game.

Generalizing could be a good thing in tabletop where you might be forced to engage at any range, but usually in MWO you have enough flexibility to engage at the range of your choosing, so specialists will always win out. In that Catapult build for example, the SRMs are useless at long range so a mech of similar tonnage at a good range for the ER Larges will have an advantage against you, and at close range it's the same thing where you're going to be hampered by the high heat and long burn time of the ERs again. That said, it's not a terrible build either, even if the ERs are less than ideal for close range they do still deal damage, and you can still kill people with them. Gonna keep saying it, but as long as you're having fun, play it.

Also, that King Crab you own is loving amazing, one of the funnest mechs in the game IMO and you should give it a try. Works well with double AC20s: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=16c1c700f2e480398c70e952ad225b51bc0db340 double gauss: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=0497c8be635bd394a8ea7cd99b832f37046eb16c and quad uAC5: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=240&l=65597412c6034be2fc1153b2630f6de7a2960626 There's nothing quite like rolling up to an enemy with 100 tons of Gently Caress You in the claws. Strictly speaking it's probably not as good as the Atlas, but I always enjoy it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Something I guess I shoulda mentioned about the King Crab is that if you fire both AC20s at once it creates something like five times as much heat as if you fire one, then the other a half second or more apart. Sometimes it's worth firing both at once, but usually only on cold maps and only against lights that are too cocky and standing still.

Other than that, just make sure you're not taking damage until it comes time to lead a push or your teammates pussy out and the brawl just sorta happens. Also, your weapons have no duration, so twisting your torso to keep the damage away works very well.

• Locked thread