Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Still a bad game by a poo poo developer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hey I am coming back into the game after stopping playing right after launch. I have 17k of MC in my account from founders and am wondering what mechs I should buy with it.

Could I get an invite to WoL. I really don't want to sign up for a stupid rear end SC account for this game. Also whats a good wiki for builds?

Also is there still ghost heat for everything?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is there some skill that causes weapons/items to weigh less?

I'm trying to build this http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=300&l=8d167ce28e38c7ae3db6596e423f3fc6d968e940 but the weight does not work out at all. I have the right setting for DHS and stuff. What am I doing wrong?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Do you have the same engine/armor/endo-steel ?

Yep, I must be screwing something up but can't figure out what.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
My deck is mechs that I have fun playing. Hero CTF, Stalker, Cent and a GRF-2N.

I stopped playing in beta and just came back a few days ago and I have had top damage in CW a couple times. Play what you enjoy and don't be a slave to grognards who get grumpy at your choices. However make sure that you have a good setup for the mechs you love and don't be that guy with all LRMs.

Wish I could find a group that played CW at the times I do. I'm in Australia but I do shift work so I'm usually playing US or AU prime time depending on the day. Pubbies are just poo poo so poo poo. It's amazing watching a defend match being lost in the first wave.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

blaarg posted:

I played MWO during beta and bought the founders pack, but haven't played since then. According to support "As a LEGENDARY founder you got 4 mechs + 20,000 MC + Founders tag and badges. We also added some mech rewards which will be injected when you log in into the client."

I seem to have 2160 premium hours too. What should I look at spending my mech bux on If anything? Or will the founders mechs be good enough for a while?

I used to play with WoL, do I need to request an invitation again?

Where did it show that you had the 2k premium hours. I should have the same on my account but I can't find them.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Someone toss me a WoL invite. I'll be on wayyyyyy too much today

Edit: Never mind my stupid contract doesn't run out for 36 hours. Teach me not to read the OP

Raged fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 26, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
looking at buying the HBK II pack since it is not a stupid price. Is it worth it?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

armchairyoda posted:

Realtalk? I did this when they came out. I haven't touched them yet. Too expensive to upgrade if you have less than 7mil earmarked for each.

Thanks.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Decided to try out the trial adder and for some drat reason I love that friggin thing. It just works for me. Long range or close and zippy little speed.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

A.o.D. posted:

I have never placed in a leaderboard event.

It means you probably have a job or a life of some kind.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Does PGI have sales and events going on constantly? Just wondering if there will be more right after the current ones end.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What are the go to modules to use on the Dad mechs?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Tell me why I should not get the hellslinger. That gaudy rear end paint job it calling me.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Took some advice and got the HBK IIC origin pack. I'm really liking running dual CUAC 10s.

Also why was I not told sooner about the Jade Falcon horn. Hell all WoL should be running with those.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Thinking of changing mine to Chris Benoit Kerensky.

Edit: Annnnnd done.

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 31, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Was playing quick matches during AU prime time and heard firing from the start of the match then saw some Krensky grognard crying in chat. When I got to the lance I was proud to see 3 pubbies team killing a gold mech.

It brought a tear to my eye.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

TeeMerk posted:

Alexandsr ~HeLioS~ Kerensky

Changed mine to Helios Skeet Skeet Kerensky a few hours ago.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
drat, no mech sale this week? I need my welfare mechs.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Pattonesque posted:

I've legit had some really fun matches on New Map, brawling or otherwise

it is the least fun map to fight Team Helios on though

It's easily the worst map in the game. Some maps are crap because pubbies choose to constantly go to one ares and get slaughtered. This map is just bad design. I have been in matches where they enemy wasn't spotted for 6 drat minutes. On top of that there is barley any cover for brawlers to move up so it is just a sniperfest.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Washout posted:

Yeah, if they actually name and shame these "large groups of people" that they are talking about, otherwise just more smoke and mirrors from Russ the lying idiot.

Honestly I think he is lying too. The whole point of waiting saying nothing and gathering up data on who cheats is valid. It keeps the cheat devs from changing their program to make it harder to detect. The very moment Russ announced the supposed ban wave he basically told the cheat devs "we can see you"". No reason at all to do that before actually banning people. Unless of course they aren't banning anyone.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is WoL's tour of the universe going to include hitting up the clan factions? Please say yes.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Pattonesque posted:

I bought the MAL-MX90 and put 5 AC/5s on it

it is very slow but it can stare down anything and is generally super cool and very good

Same here. I spent a few round watching other assaults try to run away when I start unloading on them. The screen shake must be unbearable. I stuck with the stock engine and maxed out everything but the legs. Slowest mech I have but when you have range like that who cares.

I also love that with the 5xAC5 I have to constantly fire through 3/4 of my ammo before I am even close to overheating. It is definitely going into my CW defend deck.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

novaSphere posted:

Urgh, the Hero Kodiak is the sole variant with MASC and has 4 Missile hardpoints.

Time to buy Abusive Dad

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Since I am in Australia I don't get to play with WoL all that often. I usually have to painfully grind out the CW mech bays with pubbies. Some house pubbies and units are ok, but man the FRR units and pubbies are pants making GBS threads retards. These guys make your average MWO pubbie look like some kind of mech god.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
WoL is touring Clan Space? Sweeeeeet.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Skoll posted:

We're Kurita now.

Baaaah thought there were only 2 goon groups. One day.. One day

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What is the reward for doing 4 private matches in the event?

Is there any chance that there is a reward for completing all the challenges?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hey 19, any chance Russ is going to have a real ban wave? It really is starting to look like he was lying his rear end off about the last one. A group of us were playing CW las night and people aren't even being subtle about cheating now.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

TeeMerk posted:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/222207-please-stop-telling-me-how-to-build/

Brown Sea Toiletry but I had a chuckle and didn't read much past the first post.

Also, goons press R!!

I like the first few replies telling him that his builds are in fact crap.

Raged fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 15, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

PGI changed my name. I guess Helios Skeet Skeet Kerensky was too offensive for them.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Oh Snapple! posted:

Which Mechwarrior are you now

Think I touched a nerve with my "There will be no ban wave"" thread. That seems to have gotten deleted too. Most of the people that replied agreed.

Time to argue with support

Edit: Suggest me some good names. After reading the code of conduct I have to give them 3 names.

Raged fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 16, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
That's a good one.

Also

Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky

Libluini posted:

How about Gya Tot Lylerac for maximum obfuscation? They can't possibly find a fault with this one!

Hell I don't even know what that means

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I'm guessing PGI customer support runs as slow as everything else. Going to push forward with Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky. I figure there is a good overlap between Star Citizen and MWO and I eagerly await being TKed by the SC faithful.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Now my 5xAC/5 Mauler will be even better. Coolest running mech I've ever had.

Also my name is now Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky. Yes, Helios Ban Wave Kerensky was a great name but I'm pretty sure that would have been shot down.

Raged fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 16, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hahahahahahahahaha

quote:

Your thread "THERE WILL NOT BE A BAN WAVE" has been moderated.

It is forbidden to use the forums to discuss game exploits, misrepresent a statement from staff and sharing false information, causing disturbance with a thread on the forums, making non-constructive forum threads/posts, discussing moderation, accusing and insulting a staff.

You have been suspended for 7 days.

Never once mentioned Helios or named names. Think I touched a nerve.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What kind of benefit do you get by having more than 1 flamer. Does it cause them to get up to 90% faster or stay there longer?

I would lovvvvvvveee to have Inferno SRMs. Hell that's 3025 tech too.

Raged fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 17, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I have 6 flamers on my nova. How long to I have to keep them on a target for him to hit 90% heat if he is at 0 heat?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueUXPExn-wc

Fun starts around 3:20. Flamers are mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Gat Damnnnn!!!!! Just dropped into a pubbie match with my ACH with flamers on Alpine. Another 2 pubbies in light with flamers+ECM teamed up and we looped around and picked off the enemies strung out line one by one. By the time they ran into our main group they were down 5 mechs. It was glorious. Coordinated flamers are loving EVIL.

Edit: I just witnessed Clan CW wave of heavy and assault mech get wrecked by a light/med rush with flamers. It was beautiful seeing so many laser boats shut down,start back up, fire and die. :supaburn:

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Feb 17, 2016

• Locked thread