Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Steve2911 posted:

They're probably not gonna put the new Star Wars on VHS. Sorry.

Does that make Vita the UMD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Follow That Fish! posted:

Yeah it doesn't look bad at all.

Between Overwatch and this, Gearbox should just cancel their thing already, whatever it was called.

I think they're counting on the co-op/single-player parts of Battleborn to make it stand out, but we'll see if that actually bears out.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

hahahahahaha

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Wait, is Ace Combat 7 VR only (as in it's impossible to play it without PS VR) or VR compatible (as in you can just play it like a regular game)?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
lol the NIOH logo is literally a sword sticking out of a bonfire???

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Wait, is Ace Combat 7 VR only (as in it's impossible to play it without PS VR) or VR compatible (as in you can just play it like a regular game)?

Compatible.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's compatible with it yea.

I guess PS2 Classics on Tuesday.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

VR Exclusive, so probably the former. Which is why I'm so drat disappointed, I wanted it and VR is a cool gimmick but I just don't want to play the entire game like that. I want the option to use the Dualshock 4.

Agrias120 posted:

Compatible.

MrLonghair posted:

It's compatible with it yea

Where are you hearing that it's compatible? If so, that changes things dramatically.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
more crash shirt

dick

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Great, I'm probably not going to pick up PS VR but gently caress yes Ace Combat.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If someone told me 15 years ago that Herzog Zwei was going to be the worlds most popular genre I would laugh

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/5/9854104/ace-combat-7-launch-date-trailer

Looks like it is actually exclusive? I though the guy said on stage that it would support PSVR (right after talking about how major franchises are adding in VR support).

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

grrarg posted:

That was really underwhelming compared to last year's show. Ace Combat 7 is the only totally new game announcement that interested me. I figured we would get Yakuza 0, and we already knew about the FFVII Remake and Ni-oh.

Talk about a wet fart ending on Epic's MOBA. All I could think about is all the graphical talent wasted.

I had some small degree of hope that we'd see the fabled FF12 remaster, but nope. Another MOBA.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Agrias120 posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/5/9854104/ace-combat-7-launch-date-trailer

Looks like it is actually exclusive? I though the guy said on stage that it would support PSVR (right after talking about how major franchises are adding in VR support).

I watched the trailer, it has only the PS4 logo, no PS VR logo.

It makes no sense to have it be VR only unless Sony's paying them a lot of money, which isn't impossible, may not even be unlikely.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is guns up worth taking a break from Blops3 and/or Fallout?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Where are you hearing that it's compatible? If so, that changes things dramatically.

That's what I get from the Japanese PS account's wording, how they spoke of VR integration on stage, and the fact that it would be insane to make it VR exclusive.

Just check this out:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There aren't enough :aaaaa:s in the world

Wendell
May 11, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

That's what I get from the Japanese PS account's wording, how they spoke of VR integration on stage, and the fact that it would be insane to make it VR exclusive.

Yeah, the way they spoke about it on stage didn't make it seem VR exclusive at all, but then Gamespot went and reported it as exclusive.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
If you are going to announce that something is going to be available now, you should make sure you actually make it available.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

So what is actually gonna be available today? And is this worldwide or US only and us poor Euros need to wait an undisclosed amount of time before SOE decides to get their asses in gear? :mad:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Wendell posted:

Yeah, the way they spoke about it on stage didn't make it seem VR exclusive at all, but then Gamespot went and reported it as exclusive.

Gamespot goes and reports a lot of things

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Oh good, we're in one of those situations where the communication was so hosed, we don't actually know if the game will be VR exclusive or just PS4 exclusive with VR integration.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is guns up worth taking a break from Blops3 and/or Fallout?

No but Nuclear Throne is (if you don't already have it on Steam).

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

MrLonghair posted:

Gamespot goes and reports a lot of things

dualshockers has stuff from the press release which indicates it's ps4 and has exclusive features behind ps vr

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/05/ps4-exclusive-ace-combat-7-gets-first-awesome-4k-screenshots-and-information/

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

What was the name of that DS era Castlevania looking indy game that was shown pretty early on?

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Commissar Ken posted:

What was the name of that DS era Castlevania looking indy game that was shown pretty early on?

Death's Gambit, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Follow That Fish! posted:

Death's Gambit, I think

That's the one. Thanks.

• Locked thread