Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OK, separate posts for runners up? Fine with me. These are presented without comment because the comments are saved for the Top 10.

25 - Justified
24 - The Muppets
23 - Playing House
22 - The Grinder
21 - Agent Carter
20 - The Flash
19 - Haven
18 - Review
17 - Black Sails
16 - The Americans
15 - Arrow
14 - Agents of SHIELD
13 - Mr Robot
12 - Daredevil
11 - 12 Monkeys

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

And the Top 10.

10 - Limitless
Probably the most surprising show of the year for me. This just came out of nowhere. I had no expectations for this show at all. I'd heard about it being based on the movie and thought the movie was fine but I never expected the show to be what it is. And that is a procedural that plays fast and loose with the regular procedural tropes and has a lot of fun doing it. And it has a charismatic lead that carries the show with a two sided performance that really shines. Watch this show, you'll have a lot of fun.

9 - iZombie
Just an absolute blast of a show. Easily the best comic book show airing on actual TV. Has little to nothing to do with the comic it's based on but it's at times really funny and then it can turn and punch you right in the gut. Very well written dialogue and character arcs separate it from other comic shows on TV.

8 - Jessica Jones
A show unlike any other superhero show since maybe Alphas, it's mostly about severely broken people and less about superheroics. With a villain that is downright disturbing to an unimaginable degree. It's hard to believe that this was made by Marvel just because of how crazy it is.

7 - Manhattan
I love everything about this show. The atmosphere, the story, the characters, and my god the acting. This show is an actor's showcase. Some of the best performances on TV that sadly next to no one is seeing.

6 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Another great comedy in a year where comedy was mostly lacking. Unlike Veep it's not so much the sharp writing but the performances and cast chemistry that makes this show exceptional.

5 - Veep
Still with the highest funny joke density of any show on television. And the important part being the funny. Possibly one of the best written comedies I've ever seen. It's smart, fast, and hilarious. If you've been missing out then go get HBO Go and treat yourself.

4 - The 100
Man, brutal and ruthless is the way to go for shows this season it seems. A show that goes way beyond the expectations you have for it. Filled with characters that make decisions that they have to eventually pay for. Most of them harshly. This show doesn't bullshit the audience. It never takes the easy way out. And that's a rare thing these days.

3 - Shameless
Another really solid season. I've talked about this show over and over again so if you've ever read one of my lists you know what's great about it. And it's all still great. Jeremy Allen White especially has turned into an acting powerhouse and really taken over the show.

2 - Mozart in the Jungle
Wow, talk about getting in under the wire. I wrote this list a few weeks back and then my number one show from last year drops a whole new season the day before the deadline. Luckily the show is on 10 episodes at a half hour each on average so it was easy to knock out in a day and half. And I'm so glad I did. It's still too fresh in my mind to grab the top spot but after reflection it'll probably be my favorite of the year. Unfortunately due to time constraints it'll have to settle for second place on my list. Everything I loved about the first season is back on display, especially Gael Garcia Bernal who is just fantastic in this role. Loved seeing the cameo from Gustavo Dudamel early in the season as well since Bernal's character is somewhat based off of him. I'm not sure if the show will be popular enough to garner a third season, I said the same thing last year though, but I love the 20 episodes I've gotten so far and if that's all I'll get I'm just fine with it.

1 - Vikings
This show just keeps on getting better. This was definitely my favorites season so far. I don't really look forward to any show week to week like I do this one. Probably one of the best filmed shows on TV as well.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 1, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'd say that if you put anime on your list that should be the one time when people can talk poo poo about your list. And in fact it would probably be a good idea that you should be mandatorily mocked for a time and then shunned by everyone else. But honestly if you put anime on your list you'd probably already be used to that so it would be pretty ineffective. So if someone puts anime on their list you should probably just leave them alone because they've probably already had a rough go. It is the holiday season after all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They are allowed to post them. You can post whatever you want. I mean if people can post wrestling shows, reality shows, and talk shows they can post animes too. It's not strictly limited to scripted live action comedy and drama.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I saw the first episode, didn't care for it. Not my kind of show.

• Locked thread