Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

metricchip posted:

That actually.

Fixed... lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Fixed... lmfao

lol jesus

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

Fixed... lmfao

got em

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

i want the game to be good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

OG FF7 is really good and I don't mind that the remake will basically be a different game since the original will always be there

DGib
Jan 22, 2010
Looks like a trash kingdom hearts game. Hope it tanks.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

DGib posted:

gently caress off.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I bought FF7 on my ps3 and never launched it. Think Ill probably just play this once its out

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Baret should be loud mouthed and a little goofy instead of generic badass.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Agreed. Part of the greatness of the character is that, by trying so hard to be a bad motherfucker, he actually reveals his vulnerabilities more and more... *sighs and thinks fondly back on my childhood playing this epic game*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's like a big $&@* pizza...
Barret reveals his deep love of the planet, nature, and it's peoples and species, seemingly uncharacteristic for a hardened badass of his caliber, as well as his knowledge of Italian cuisine

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
cant wait to pet the chocobos

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

DGib posted:

Your pathetic. Try again in 10 years and maybe then you'll be strong enough to troll me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I understand that zen death robot has a lot on his plate at the moment but the trash seriously needs to be taken out around here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think he still will be but that's just me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

On one hand, I can explore an open world Midgar...

But on the other, I cannot rename Barret as Mr. T...

I think changing the gameplay and the dialogue was a good idea though, because everyone has played FF7 by now and you can just buy the old one on PC anyways.

You can pretend hes mr t in your head. although, i recomend using your brain to do better stuff with instead

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im buying this on day 1 for sure. ff7 is the only final fantasy i havent beaten though .

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Barret reveals his deep love of the planet, nature, and it's peoples and species, seemingly uncharacteristic for a hardened badass of his caliber, as well as his knowledge of Italian cuisine

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

I understand that zen death robot has a lot on his plate at the moment but the trash seriously needs to be taken out around here.

Agreed

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

This forum needs another janitor.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hmm .. i vote for In Training

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Good point.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

im buying this on day 1 for sure. ff7 is the only final fantasy i havent beaten though .

It's the only FF I've beaten, or even like that much.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Oh and 10.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ragg posted:

Oh and 10.

10 is epic

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*in camp sing song voice* It's tier time!

In descending order:
VIII
X-2
VII
X
IX
XIII
V
IV
VI
XII

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope the VII remake somehow does well enough to justify a VIII remake.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
I truly want this to be good. But I'm not sure I can believe these characters are the same I grew up with without the ever-present "bucket hands"

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

You can pretend hes mr t in your head. although, i recomend using your brain to do better stuff with instead

he makes too much sense as wesley snipes now tbqh

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

hmm .. i vote for In Training
Same.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
13-3
10-2
13-2
4 (i really like it for some reason .. well, its not cos of the gameplay, thats for sure.)
the rest
12. i dont think it sucks but like , id rather play any other final fantasy.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
7, 10, 8, 13, 6, Those are the ones i played enough to have an opinion on.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ragg posted:

7, 10, 8, 13, 6, Those are the ones i played enough to have an opinion on.
Play 9.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
9 is much win but i dont know if id call it a gamers game . its just a regular rpg in that respect

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

9 is much win but i dont know if id call it a gamers game . its just a regular rpg in that respect
Non-gamers can appreciate its amazing story, characters, etc. Gamers can appreciate its refinement of classic FF mechanics.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Ive only played 10 and 4 and I really liked both.

Actually, I played 3 on DS but never made it through bc it was godawful

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can't decide if I want to play the FFX HD collection, they still haven't made cutscenes skippable.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I kind of don't like JRPGs I think. The gameplay doesn't do that much for me and the story is usually too stupid and simplistic to be interesting. The games I do like have cool stories and don't annoy me to much with the gameplay, like FF7, Persona 3 is a game where I like the story but playing it is too much of a headache... sigh. FF6 is the other way where the story doesn't do much for me.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't decide if I want to play the FFX HD collection, they still haven't made cutscenes skippable.

Having to sit thru like 20 minutes of cutscenes every time you wanted to try to beat the first Blitzball game... drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only FF I don't like is VIII because levelling is pointless and the story is complete nonsense

• Locked thread