Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I'll build as far to the left as I can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
So I would also like to look at the second combat card instead of the first. I ran the numbers and can still technically keep my room.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 ROUND 4 CONT.

People's actions go off.

Tekopo has enough Imps to produce a Gold.
burger time has enough Imps to produce a Gold, and also has enough to dig a tunnel if desired.
Istvun is able to use either room, but not both.
Broken Loose produces a net total of 1 imp.

Adventurers will currently line up in the order Broken Loose, burger time, Tekopo, Istvun.

Action Queue
- Istvun: Pick room to use, card to take back.
- burger time: Dig a tunnel?
- All players: Confirm tax amount and (if you're ready) the first Planning phase. Note that if Istvun uses his printing press their positions will be reversed, but this is the only change.

Tekopo owes 3 Gold.
burger time owes 3 Gold.
Istvun owes 2 Gold.
Broken Loose owes 3 Gold.

Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 0 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Dig Tunnels | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 2 | Gold: 4 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Goblin
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 3 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Pending! | Monsters: Witch, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 5+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 2 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Slime

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I will use the trap room and take the priest. The tax I pay will depend on the trap.

I'll also return monsters instead of reputation.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

do i owe more if i dig a tunnel? I'll dig to the right of the entrance if not.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

burger time posted:

do i owe more if i dig a tunnel? I'll dig to the right of the entrance if not.

Nah - it's 1 per 2 spaces used and round up, so 5 -> 6 doesn't cost any more.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll pay my tax.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'll pay 2/3

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I'll dig then pay my tax. And make the gold of course

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 COMBAT - ROUND 1

The Adventurers attack!

Everyone, please nominate trap and monster use. Via PM, if you like, though no-one is close enough to Paladin for it to really matter.

Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 0 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Dig Tunnels | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 2 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Goblin
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 3 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 3 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Hire Monster | Monsters: Witch, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 5+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Slime

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Sorry but can you confirm my adventurers and their order before I submit choices in case I got this wrong? I think I have Mage (2 power 4 hp) Mage (1 power 3 hp) thief (2 power 4 hp)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

burger time posted:

Sorry but can you confirm my adventurers and their order before I submit choices in case I got this wrong? I think I have Mage (2 power 4 hp) Mage (1 power 3 hp) thief (2 power 4 hp)

Yup - it's all on your dungeon board (click your name on the bottom of each post I make). I use Dropbox for stuff like trap inventory / updating people's boards because it means I can update them without having to change links, so if you're ever unsure just hit reload.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Hard to predict what happens here because we don't know the traps or spells. I'm guessing Tekopo has either a Gold Ring or Trapdoor. Istvun has probably the worst lineup but can at least take two of the adventurers out immediately, and Burger Time's 3 wizards could be nasty. Everyone seems to be in a decent position otherwise.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah, things didn't quite come together for me. If I had that slime I totally coulda kept my room. But that warrior would have actually put a large crimp in things.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I believe I'm still waiting on Tekopo.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Use a rolling stone trap and goblin.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 COMBAT - ROUND 1

The Combat card for this round is Graffiti (Slow) - 2 Fatigue - Your minion is busy. In Round 1 next year, the card in your first space does not execute.

Tekopo
  • The rolling stone trap deals 3 damage to the fighter in front.
  • The goblin deals 2 damage, knocking out the first fighter and carrying 1 damage through to the fighter behind him.
  • The priest heals the second fighter to full.
  • The second fighter takes 2 damage from conquering.
  • The tile is conquered!
burger time
  • burger time sends an Anti-Magic Dart against his wizard, and a troll with no food.
  • The damage from the Dart is prevented, but the wizard is still silenced this round!
  • The troll deals 3 damage to the thief.
  • The thief takes another damage from conquering and is knocked out, and the first wizard takes the other point.
  • The tile is conquered!
Istvun
  • Istvun sends a witch and a vampire.
  • The vampire attacks for 3, knocking out the thief. The witch then attacks for 4, and knocks out the first priest.
  • The second priest has nothing to heal.
  • The second priest takes 2 damage from conquering.
  • The tile is conquered!
Broken Loose
  • Broken Loose sends a troll and a Fire Wall.
  • The fighter takes no damage from the fire wall thanks to the thief. The thief takes 1, the wizard 2.
  • The troll knocks out the fighter.
  • The wizard successfully Banksy's the dungeon.
  • The thief takes 2 damage from conquering and is knocked out.
  • The tile is conquered!
YEAR 1 COMBAT - ROUND 2

Again, all players please nominate the tunnel/room you'd like the adventurers to attack, and what monsters and traps you'll use.

If you see anything wrong, please let me know. I've archived off the previous step's images so things can be double-checked.

Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 0 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 1 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Dig Tunnels | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 2 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 1 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Goblin
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 3 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 3 | Captures: 2 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Harvest Food | Monsters: Witch, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 5+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 2 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Slime | Graffiti!

Stelas fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 22, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Use trap door, use witch in a corridor.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Goodness gracious, great walls of fire.

also monsters should be unlocked.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

also monsters should be unlocked.

Fixed, I think I wasn't certain at the time whether 'take back' meant keep or not.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 COMBAT - ROUND 2

The Combat card for this round is Magic Shield (Fast) - 1 Fatigue - Absorb the first point of damage that would be dealt to an adventurer this round.

Tekopo
  • Tekopo uses a Trap Door and a witch.
  • The trap door knocks out the fighter.
  • The witch knocks out the priest.
  • The party has been defeated!
burger time
  • burger time sends a goblin.
  • The wizards successfully cast Magic Shield.
  • The goblin attacks the front wizard for 1 damage.
  • The front wizard takes 1 damage conquering and is knocked out.
  • The tile is conquered!
Istvun
  • Istvun sets a Fire Wall.
  • To the best of my knowledge this does 2 damage, and knocks out the priest.
Broken Loose
  • Broken Loose sends a slime.
  • The wizard does not have enough power to cast.
  • The wizard takes 1 damage from the slime...
  • ... and takes 1 more damage from conquering, knocking him out.
YEAR 1 COMBAT - ROUND 3

burger time needs to confirm his trap use. (I would be staggered if he didn't, but I dunno, maybe he wants to be dead last on evilness.)

Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 0 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Dig Tunnels | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 2 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 2 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Goblin
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 3 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Harvest Food | Monsters: Witch, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 5+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Slime | Graffiti!

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Yea I'll use the rolling stone.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 COMBAT - ROUND 3

The Combat card for this round is Detect Treasure (Slow) - 1 Fatigue - Lose 1 Gold. If you have none, lose 1 Food. If you have none, lose 1 Trap.

burger time
  • burger time sets a Rolling Stone.
  • The wizard gets smacked for 3.
  • The wizard does not have enough power to cast.
  • The wizard takes 1 damage from conquering and is knocked out.

Combat ends!

All players lose 1 evil, except for burger time who loses 2 evil.

Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 0 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Dig Tunnels | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 2 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Goblin
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 3 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Harvest Food | Monsters: Witch, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 5+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Slime | Graffiti!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 2 ROUND 1

Four new Combat cards are dealt.
Broken Loose is now the starting player.

Three monsters are drawn: Demon, Vampire, Demon.
Two rooms are drawn: Hall of Fame, Chapel.
The next event is revealed to be Taxes.
Four adventurers are drawn.

All players, please PM me your card plays for this season.

Broken Loose (Red)
Tekopo (Green)
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 2 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll, Goblin
Istvun (Blue)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hope you guys wanted really lovely adventurers!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
drat it, Hall of Fame in Winter Year 2 was my worst case shuffle.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Combat seems to have worked out pretty evenly for everyone. Trophy room + double demons is a pretty swingy draw for winter, be interesting to see if anyone feels like offering up two monsters for one.

If I had to pick right now I'd say Istvun's in the strongest position, coming in to year 2 with a stockpile (especially spare traps!) when everyone else is broke can be powerful and the Trophy room is there if Istvun wants it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A merry christmas to all! I believe I'm still waiting on burger time to post actions for this round, but obviously given the timing I'm not gonna push it.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Hey all, sorry for delaying the game, the holidays delayed me significantly, and my computer gave up the ghost on the 23rd. I'm turning my actions in shortly.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

burger time posted:

Hey all, sorry for delaying the game, the holidays delayed me significantly, and my computer gave up the ghost on the 23rd. I'm turning my actions in shortly.

No worries here - I was pretty busy myself so the break was honestly pretty handy from my end.

Thanks for being prompt after my message!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 2 ROUND 1: CARD REVEAL

Broken Loose reveals Improve Reputation, Dig Tunnels, Mine Gold. One minion is busy clearing graffiti!
Tekopo reveals Harvest Food, Recruit Imps, Mine Gold.
burger time reveals Hire Monster, Mine Gold, Recruit Imps.
Istvun reveals Dig Tunnels, Hire Monster, Recruit Imps.

All players, please confirm your actions. Remember that rooms may now be used twice, if you have the Imps.

Broken Loose (Red)
Tekopo (Green)
burger time (Yellow)
Istvun (Blue)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Get the food, gold for full and imp

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Dig A4. Mine A4, B3, C2. Use the Magic Room once.

This year is gonna suuuuuck.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dig B2, get a couple imps. Hire a demon, dumping the witch.

Publish a documentary about my new demon. If I knew tekopo wasn't interested in the hall of fame I'd have gone out of my way for it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Needed to patch up my economy first, no way I'm going to risk it unless I know I'm gonna be able to do stuff next season

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I'll mine the gold, I'll get the imps, I'll take the demon and lose the goblin, I'll produce a gold and a tunnel at the top right space.

And this does mean I am paying for my hire monster.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

IGNORE THIS I AM AN IDIOT

Stelas fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 4, 2016

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Wait, so would I have enough imps to use the gold room twice and not dig a tunnel at all? I'd rather do that - I miscounted.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wait, I'm a dipshit. Why did I think you took all imps back prior to production? Sorry, getting back into the swing of things after a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

It's ok, this caused me to recount and I think I don't want to dig yet. So I will hold the imps back.

E: if that's ok with everyone.

burger time fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 4, 2016

• Locked thread