Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Stelas posted:

Whoops, fair enough.

That's a bit weird, I guess? "Yeah, that guy's more evil than this guy, but not enough for me to worry. I'll keep persecuting this guy."
Paladins are like that guy from Big Lebowski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiQmQhA-OrM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Stelas posted:

Whoops, fair enough.

That's a bit weird, I guess? "Yeah, that guy's more evil than this guy, but not enough for me to worry. I'll keep persecuting this guy."

Here's how I always describe it: The Paladin's Detect Evil spell has a certain threshold--he can't sense your misdeeds unless you're being evil enough.

Otherwise, the drat thing would go off every time some first-grader pulled his classmate's pigtails at recess, and he'd spend all his time raiding elementary schools instead of dungeons.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 2 COMBAT, ROUND 1

The combat card for this round is Magic Key (Slow) - 2 Fatigue - Discard one of your imprisoned adventurers.

Istvun
  • Istvun sends a Demon and a Poisoned Dart into a corridor.
  • The dart targets the warrior for 1 damage.
  • The demon knocks out the priest in a single hit.
  • The spell goes off! One prisoner is lost!
  • The warrior takes 2 damage from the Poisoned Dart.
  • Fatigue and Conquering are skipped in the wake of the demon's attack.
Broken Loose
  • Broken Loose sends nothing.
  • The paladin takes 2 damage from fatigue.
  • The tunnel is conquered!
  • The Paladin immediately moves to burger_time's neighborhood.
Tekopo
  • Tekopo sets a slime and a golem in the Antimagic room.
  • The slime prevents Conquering this round!
  • The golem deals 4 damage to the mage, who is then healed by 2 by the priest.
  • The spell cannot go off due to the Antimagic room!
  • Fatigue and Conquering are skipped due to everyone being kind of sticky.
burger time
  • The paladin arrives, already on 2 health down.
  • burger time sets a Dragon and a Poisoned Dart in a tunnel, targeting the paladin.
  • The paladin takes 0 damage from the poisoned dart.
  • The dragon deals 2 damage to all adventurers, skipping the healing step.
  • The paladin takes 2 damage from fatigue.
  • The tunnel is conquered!
  • The paladin takes 2 damage from poison and is knocked out!

YEAR 2 COMBAT, ROUND 2

And again!

Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 6 | Food: 0 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Gather Food | Monsters: Demon, Troll
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 9+1 | Food: 0 | Gold: 2 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 2 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Mine Gold | Monsters: Troll, Slime, Golem, Dragon
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 6 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 2 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold, Hire Monster | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime, Slime, Golem
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 6+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 2 + 1 Paladin | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Build Room | Monsters: Demon, Dragon

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm waiting on Istvun and burger time!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

I'm waiting on Istvun and burger time!

I already gave you my round 2 combat.

e: I'm sending everything

Istvun fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 30, 2016

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I'll send nothing and attack the only room I can

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 2 COMBAT, ROUND 2

The combat card for this round is Create Food (Fast) - 2 Fatigue - The first adventurer gains an extra hit point, even if undamaged.

Istvun
  • Istvun sets a Pendulum and a Troll in a tunnel.
  • The Pendulum outright knocks out the Mage, avoiding the spell.
  • The troll knocks out the fighter.
  • Combat is over!
Broken Loose
  • Broken Loose readies the troll, the golem, and a Cursed Ring.
  • Broken Loose pays 1 Gold. The thief blocks the first two hits of the ring, leaving the mage to get pinged for 1 damage.
  • The spell goes off, bringing the fighter to 8 damage.
  • The troll and the golem both attack for a combined 7 damage, leaving 1 health on the fighter. The golem returns.
  • Conquering and Fatigue is skipped this turn due to the Ring.
Tekopo
  • Tekopo readies a Golem and a Slime in the Antimagic room.
  • The mage cannot cast due to antimagic!
  • The slime prevents Conquering and Fatigue. The golem knocks out the mage, and returns.
burger time
  • burger time readies nothing!
  • The spell goes off, healing the fighter by 1.
  • Pandemonium is conquered!
  • Fatigue deals two points of damage to the fighter.

YEAR 2 COMBAT, ROUND 3

One more time!

Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 6 | Food: 0 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 5 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Gather Food | Monsters: Demon, Troll
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 9+1 | Food: 0 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 2 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Mine Gold | Monsters: Troll, Slime, Golem, Dragon
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 6 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 2 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 4 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold, Hire Monster | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime, Slime, Golem
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 6+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 2 + 1 Paladin | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Build Room | Monsters: Demon, Dragon

Stelas fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 31, 2016

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well from what I can tell I tied for first, but I'm not really sure. Also Broken Loose should be on 0 gold, though I don't think it matters.

This is the first time I've ever tried going for such a compact dungeon. I think it turned out mostly well, but I was getting pretty well screwed out during minion placement. Think I wasn't doing nearly a good enough job with my predictions.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
oh, for gently caress's sake

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Broken Loose posted:

oh, for gently caress's sake

It doesn't seem that bad for you unless regeneration comes up. But still lol

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 2 COMBAT, ROUND 3

The card this turn is Illusion (Fast) - 3 Fatigue - An imaginary 1 HP adventurer appears at the front. When eliminated it disappears.

Broken Loose
  • Broken Loose sends a slime and a dragon into the Chicken Coop.
  • The spell goes off! But it doesn't matter, because:
  • The slime prevents conquering and fatigue this round. The dragon attacks all party members for 2, knocking out the illusion and the fighter.
Tekopo
  • Tekopo readies the golem and a goblin in the antimagic room.
  • The goblin and the golem both attack, knocking out the thief. The goblin follows through with 1 damage onto the priest, but the priest immediately heals it.
  • The priest takes 3 damage from fatigue, but the antimagic room is conquered!
burger time
  • burger time sets the cursed ring.
  • The thief prevents all damage, but Fatigue and Conquering are skipped this round.
  • The spell goes off! There is now an illusion at the head of the party!

YEAR 2 COMBAT, ROUND 4

The card for this round is Dimensional Gate (Slow) - 3 Fatigue - Remove one of the monsters you used this round from the game.

Broken Loose
  • Broken Loose sends the golem into a tunnel.
  • The golem knocks out the thief!
  • Fatigue knocks out the wizard!
Tekopo
  • Tekopo's golem knocks out the cleric the end.
burger time
  • burger time's Demon knocks out the thief! Fatigue and Conquering are skipped.
  • The two remaining adventurers, and their illusion, peace out!

Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 6 | Food: 0 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 5 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Gather Food | Monsters: Demon, Troll
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 9+1 | Food: 0 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 5 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Mine Gold | Monsters: Troll, Slime, Golem, Dragon
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 6 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 2 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 6 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold, Hire Monster | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime, Slime, Golem
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 6+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 + 1 Paladin | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Build Room | Monsters: Demon, Dragon

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

FINAL STANDINGS

Evil-o-meter

burger time

Istvun

Broken Loose

Tekopo

Inventories

burger time (Yellow) - Imps: 6+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 + 1 Paladin | Monsters: Demon, Dragon
Istvun (Blue) - Imps: 6 | Food: 0 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 5 | Monsters: Demon, Troll
Broken Loose (Red) - Imps: 9+1 | Food: 0 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 5 | Monsters: Troll, Slime, Golem, Dragon
Tekopo (Green) - Imps: 6 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 2 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 6 | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime, Slime, Golem

SCORING

burger time
  • Unconquered Rooms: 4
  • Monsters: 2
  • Prisoners: 11
  • Conquered Tiles: -8
  • Tunnellord: 3
Istvun
  • Unconquered Rooms: 6
  • Monsters: 2
  • Prisoners: 10
  • Conquered Tiles: -2
  • Tax Demerits: -3
  • Cafeteria: 1
  • Lord of Halls: 3
  • Battlelord: 3
Broken Loose
  • Unconquered Rooms: 4
  • Monsters: 4
  • Prisoners: 10
  • Conquered Tiles: -4
  • Tax Demerits: -3
  • Lord of Dark Deeds: 3
  • Lord of Imps: 3
Tekopo
  • Unconquered Rooms: 2
  • Monsters: 5
  • Prisoners: 12
  • Conquered Tiles: -4
  • Tax Demerits: -6
  • Monsterlord: 3
  • Lord of Riches: 3
FINAL SCORES
    Istvun - 20
    Broken Loose - 17
    Tekopo - 15
    burger time - 12
All players successfully pass their Dungeon Lording Exam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Phew! That took longer than I thought it would, especially with Christmas running over us, so I'd like to thank all my players for the patience and for sticking through a first try at this game! Next time around I'll probably be making some changes to try to speed things up, but I hope that everyone had a good (if mildly infuriated) time and I guess I'll see if I can dig up Festival Season for good measure.

Also, that was Completed Game #15. Maybe I should try biting the bullet and running Android.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 31, 2016

• Locked thread