Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
I am taking USS William D. Porter as my lucky ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Realbarrow posted:

Just a reminder, the Operational Report header is still showing (day)/12/42 rather than (day)/12/41. Top-flight stuff otherwise.

It has happened again?
Grey, is this some kind of alternate universe, where Japanese have attacked a year later than usual?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Again Grey? When will this time travel shenanigans end?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

img]http://lpix.org/2313955/5.jpg[/img]

Something is missing here, I wonder what.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Thus the other shoe fell.
I suppose this is the mistake you were talking about earlier Grey?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
So, if Grey take that base, what happens? No Chinese respawn?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
I am curious how good is Grey's submarine commerce raiding compared to what AI did in his US game. Is he doing better or worse than AI, and can he do any real damage that way?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
He is doing worse on sea as well. Lost 40 more ships, while sinking 20 less than in previous run.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Is Grey taking a break because 1942 wasn't a leap year?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Congratulations Grey!!!

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Oh my. Hopefully this will end well for the Kido Butai and Kiddo Butai.
And I hope there will be some new reefs in Indian ocean.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Duckaerobics posted:

I think you missed the update for the 5th.

I think you are right.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Ummm, Grey... you missed 30/07...

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

HisMajestyBOB posted:

They're named "Lexington II" and "Yorktown II", but their names can be changed by the player.

Just your own ships, or all ships in the game?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Friend Commuter posted:

Grey found a hell of a lot more Chinese defenders than he was ready for, then the Chinese managed to cut his supply lines to Chungking, and now he's quietly pretending he didn't lose a couple of infantry corps.

That or a whole lot of waiting has happened and neither side has attacked the other for a while.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

they are still there - 2k AV tieing down 4k of Chinese troops.

Any plan of getting more troops there, or are they doomed to perish?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

they still have the fortress, air cover and can't retreat.

All they can do now is die as the emperor demands.

And now I am imagining space chaplain giving a prep talk to a group of space marines before fighting the Orkz.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

Did three days of updates this morning.

Oh boy, this is going to be an interesting week.

(This time I mean it. You are allowed to get properly excited.)

What did you sink??

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

:eyepop:

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

This is today's big news. A three hundred point jump in ship sunk points shows this is true. I have finally achieved the dream.

Xmas has come early!

Well, you need to look out for shivs.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Ron Jeremy posted:

Fires over two hundred shots and didn't hit a thing? Maybe some glasses for your coastal gunners?

And isn't damage based on caliber of the guns in question versus armor of the target?
From what I've seen a battleship could have been hit from a destroyer gun many times, but the game would qualify it as only few percent of the damage, as those guns cannot penetrate thick battleship armor.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
It would be nice if there was a way to influence AI behavior, so it changes from building carriers to building more battleships, but I suppose it would be too much to ask from game like this.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

TildeATH posted:

Those cooks knocked out 40 guns.

Or some Imperial Japanese soldier had too much sake before aiming his cannon.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
How much better is Grey doing in term of territory held compared to historical Japan?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
And how did the designers of AA ammunition thought it was going to work? By asking planes to travel on really low altitude and in one more or less tight cluster, while said planes traveled at the angles that were reachable by the turrets?
No, seriously, can someone explain how did they though this could work?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

professor_curly posted:

Because we keep asking, and it keeps happening.

I am beginning to think he keeps doing it just to mess with us.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Hey Grey, you are missing 4th of August.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

koolkevz666 posted:

I could be wrong but looking at grey's last update he has 99 guns firing in bombardment while the allies have over 900 doesn't this mean in about 2 months of bombardment grey would have done negligible disruption and damage whilst having most if not all of his guns destroyed/disabled.

If you compare the 6th to the 5th August, seems to me that Grey has many more guns, but for some reason he has only committed 1/10 of his troops into the bombardment.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Campaign for North Africa

Oh my God!!!!
It is listed to be play 1200 hours, with 10 players!
I've never seen such an atrociously poorly thought out game.
Grey, is there any chance to LP this game day by day?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

goatface posted:

10 250kg bombs isn't that much boom. They could survive that.

There is still tomorrow for more action.
But, even if the ship survives, it will out of action for few months, which is still a boon for Grey.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
How badly is Essex damaged if they traveled only two or three hexes since yesterday?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Wait, weren't battleships near Singapore few days ago? Were they part of this invasion??

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh my god it just hit me I've been following Grey's LPs for about a third of my life now. :wtc:

I registered for SA forum just to follow Grey's threads...
So same here.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Ikasuhito posted:

At first I confused the numbers and read this as the Japanese defending and it looked like they almost all died holding them off. Even still, holy poo poo they took a beating!

drat, that's a lot of cooks and clerks dying!

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Nice score jump.
More than 100 points in difference when comparing today and yesterday.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

It's just named after a fish, same as all the other subs in its class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahoo

I was very amused to see that the sub was sponsored by: Mrs. William C. Barker, Jr.
And it seems that the ship itself has survived its historical sinking date.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Almost 200 more points today compared to yesterday.
Could that mean that CVE have been sunk?

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
So UI is so good in this game that you need separate excel sheets just to track what happened and where are supplies missing.
I really wonder how this game would sell if it wasn't based on historical setting...

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Um, why are Heerman and Dione floating on the last picture if they were sunk by planes??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

BUG JUG posted:

yeah and in the Greyverse they're still gonna want fuckin Harriers and to make every plane ever VTOL. REMEMBER JALUIT they'll yell at every appropriations committee, and if only they'd had air support they would have won.

If they exist as independent force after this disaster...
It would still be a disaster for the Marines, even if the Navy spin their loss as a win... somehow...