Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Going with the BB Nagato, maybe it will even manage survive the whole war again :japan:

Also godspeed Grey I hope your PC survives the LP curse long enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Looks like three weeks before the carriers are ready – then what do you think, a run at Midway?

The only correct choice is the second battle of Pearl Harbor obviously.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

I really can't remember ordering this invasion.

I'm glad that your roleplaying as Imperial General Headquarters is still strong as ever, even with work and a kid.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

RZApublican posted:

Did you lose Cox's Bazar, Grey? It looks like one of the British units slipped through and took it.

quote:

They shift tactics, and it proves to be effective. They also land troops at Cox's Bazzar – which is currently undefended as I moved the garrison out to hunt down stragglers. They can march back in though.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

shalafi4 posted:

Is there any realistic chance of getting relief to Chunking?

The sweet relief of death will be more than enough for our glorious troops :japan:

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Note that Chokai didn't literally blow up. That's a situation mostly limited to British ships (and Taiho) :v:. Having her launchers explode just caused extensive damage to the middle of the ship and, most crucially, knocked out her engine and steering. That combined with taking a 500 lb bomb a few minutes later (and the IJN fleet leaving) basically made her unrecoverable though.

She was actually still afloat hours later when she was scuttled by a destroyer.

Taiho's case was also completely avoidable and not even due to design flaws. The inexperienced and/or incompetent damage control crew basically did everything possible wrong in the situation.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Tomorrow I shall test the defences at Efate. I'm expecting high forts and high casualties.

All right boys, High Command wants to attack that fort with high casualties, so if at least 50% of us don't die in the first attempt, we need to charge again! :japan:

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Getting multiple hits on a BB with a DD screen around, balls of steel etc.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, months of recon told me that.
Those pilots have been earmarked for the Kamikaze squadrons.

Overall, its going well, Efate was a disaster, but Noumou will fall once the fresh troops arrive and march south - I'm hopeful for the end of the month, after that, we will hit Efate again, then look a Fiji while strangling Australia of any US supplies!

The war CAN be won!

By Christmas we will be surely home!

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Wasn't there also some bullshit regarding the height difference between planes where the engine gives absurd boni for diving down on enemy planes even if the physics involved would tear the frame apart? At least I remember something like that from Saros' LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Damage control teams are currently igniting the fore magazine as a firebreak to stop the spread of fire from the aft magazine.

Maybe that's the real cause of IRL Mutsu's demise. Forget negligence or possibly sabotage, it was just preventative damage control :v: