Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodar
May 21, 2007

Some of the Gundam Vs. games on the PSP are pretty good, altho they never made it to the US. They're totally playable even if you dont know any japanese. There's one in particular that has about 100 playable robots?

The gameplay can get kind of annoying because enemies have long knockdown invincibility. It helps if you're a fan of the franchise, so you can enjoy piloting yr favorite mobile suits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Zodar posted:

Some of the Gundam Vs. games on the PSP are pretty good, altho they never made it to the US. They're totally playable even if you dont know any japanese. There's one in particular that has about 100 playable robots?

The gameplay can get kind of annoying because enemies have long knockdown invincibility. It helps if you're a fan of the franchise, so you can enjoy piloting yr favorite mobile suits

Federation vs. Zeon on PS2 was some good poo poo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
idk how you feel about musou games, but dynasty warriors gundam games exist

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Shogo mobile arms division. Did that get mentioned yet

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Oh yeah also slave zero lol

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
early beta trailer for the original armored core for PS1

:circlefap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytFNktqttOU

Pikachu fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 12, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You got me so excited for a second

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

net cafe scandal posted:

oh jeez i'm sincerely really sorry

im going ot reword it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I really hope the first game miyazaki greenlit since being in charge is 'armored core but we're throwing all the dark souls money at it'

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

if its not that's cool though, I bet miyazaki knows whats best

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Sharkopath posted:

I really hope the first game miyazaki greenlit since being in charge is 'armored core but we're throwing all the dark souls money at it'

hell i'll even take a remaster of for answer

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
finally got 100% armored core 2

eat a bag of dicks mattias

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Grats

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pikachu posted:

finally got 100% armored core 2

eat a bag of dicks mattias

Now get 103% in Another Age. Bonus points if you don't use the grenade launcher arms for the Lost Field missions.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sharkopath posted:

Even with the limited budget the games turn out pretty good, imo. The Menus in FA look cheap as hell though, really my only complaint.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
Front mission: Gun hazard. Squaresoft, SNES, sidescrolling RPG with mecha.
Dynasty warriors gundam 1 and 2. 3 was ok. if you know gundam you will love it. especially the first one, as you can fight well enough to change the outcome of some of the missions.
Did I say gunhazard?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is mech warrior online any good

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Almost every post I've seen about it has been very negative. but i dont know for certain.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got into the mwo beta when it first came out and never bothered downloading it

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Hey OP did you get and play RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive yet? If not, what the F"*ck are you doing with your life???

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

In Training posted:

no.

Chill Penguin posted:

Hey OP did you get and play RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive yet? If not, what the F"*ck are you doing with your life???

gently caress off

Pikachu fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 17, 2015

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Hey op can you beat occupy arteria carpals for me? My save is stuck on that mission and I can't go back to non crazy campaign missions

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

nrook posted:

Hey op can you beat occupy arteria carpals for me? My save is stuck on that mission and I can't go back to non crazy campaign missions

truth be told i haven't played for answer yet

i'm currently trying to get through all the ps1 and ps2 games before i move on to the titles that added analog control

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

Almost every post I've seen about it has been very negative. but i dont know for certain.

its boring

also just functionally world of tanks, which is the worst thing to base your giant robot game on i think

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.

Pikachu posted:

truth be told i haven't played for answer yet

i'm currently trying to get through all the ps1 and ps2 games before i move on to the titles that added analog control

it's good, but there's a weird leap 3->4 where you go from playing a giant robot to playing an anime giant robot

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

For Answer is so good.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

sexual Norm posted:

it's good, but there's a weird leap 3->4 where you go from playing a giant robot to playing an anime giant robot

ive put like ten minutes into it and i feel like fa is a bit less nuts than 4 but they're both very different from 1-3

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The only problem I have with For Answer is how many of the story missions demand you use a robot with strong flight, even though the most fun way to battle is using the quad-legs that make you an insanely fast superboosting land spider

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Pikachu posted:

gently caress off

Dude what the hell is your problem? You asked for giant robot games, and I'm strongly suggesting (possibly) the greatest giant robot game of all time, at least in terms of representing what it might be like in real life. I highly doubt the real pikachu would be so drat rude, disrespectful, and indignant.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Chill Penguin posted:

Dude what the hell is your problem? You asked for giant robot games, and I'm strongly suggesting (possibly) the greatest giant robot game of all time, at least in terms of representing what it might be like in real life. I highly doubt the real pikachu would be so drat rude, disrespectful, and indignant.

look, im sorry i swore at you, todays been kinda hosed

but seriously dont come at me like "what the gently caress are you doing with your life!!!" because i didnt immediately go to ebay to buy a $70 game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this conversation reminds me of the epic exchanges of deep space hitler and spsce whale

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

trying to jack off posted:

this conversation reminds me of the epic exchanges of deep space hitler and spsce whale

this reference is lost on me

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The GBS Slapfight

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Can someone give me a rundown on how a big dumb tank head whose fingers are fatter and stiffer than they used to be can jump in and enjoy Last Raven? I've been trying off and on for years but it just doesn't return my love of tanks, quads and the occasional heavy RJ.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lesbian baphomet posted:

For Answer is so good.

Yes.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

You should try ring of red op. Its a ps2 turn based strategy game where the giant robots are big, clunky, and have infantry support. Also you can get a digital download of it from gamestop if you have a ps3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pikachu posted:

I am extremely gay for games where you play as huge stompy robots

I have robotech, zone of the enders, and every armored core

any other games I should look out for?

Theres that patinum game vanquish where youre a robot and ur on roller skates like a votoms. Idk if theyre giant tho i fursonally have yet to play it all tgo it looks fun

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

sexual Norm posted:

i really liked phantom crash, even though it's not great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNApZMTKj8

phantom crash was great from a gameplay standpoint but it was not exactly feature rich (wow, three whole arenas!)

there was a PS2 sequel called S.L.A.I. (Steel Lancer Arena International,) I own it but don't know if I have even opened the package since buying it a decade ago

Chill Penguin posted:

some folks already mentioned Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) and i'm here to say: it's fantastic. one of my favorite games of all time, definitely in top 10 maybe even top 5.

really terrific voice acting too

the news reporter must be heard to be believed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

The only problem I have with For Answer is how many of the story missions demand you use a robot with strong flight, even though the most fun way to battle is using the quad-legs that make you an insanely fast superboosting land spider

pretty much yeah. i don't mind flying but 4/4A both do this to a ridiculous degree

also fighting light enemies is really annoying because of this

• Locked thread