Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm thinking poison/bleed dagger flickerstrike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

MannersPlease posted:

aren't poison and bleed effects the exact opposite of what flicker strike wants to do?

How so? It's possible I'm missing something. Maybe I'll just do reave, flickerstrike can be annoying.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 10, 2015

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

MannersPlease posted:

Flicker, iirc, is basically relying on the idea of 1 hit ko to keep up charges. Poison and bleed could be nice bonuses but if you actually invest in them you are gimping your initial hit in some way and I'm not really sure if its worth it. Maybe the poison gem will be nice for this, we will have to see how it works? but for sure, many of the bleed bonuses are based on enemies already bleeding, and I dont think you don't want to be flickering multiple times on the same mob.

Do enemies that die from DoT effects even provide chargers on kill or w/e? My gut tells me no, but that could be wrong, or something they have changed at some point.

Anyway, I've never personally played flicker, so I could be wrong. Good luck!

also,
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490389

I'm not to concerned about the initial frenzy charges however I didn't even consider the dots might not give me frenzy charges.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

One exalt Blood Dances hahaha.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chromatics, identify scrolls, and portal scrolls shouldn't exist. Oh and all classes should have access to the same vendor gems.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

vOv posted:

I'm down with all of these except getting rid of chroms; what's the difference between those and jewelers/fuses?

Needing the right sockets sucks when leveling, sucks after you've 5/6 linked things. Chroms always loving suck. Prismatic eclipse and other socket dependent items are interesting but not enough so.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Can you lean hard into Evasion to cover for a slight lack of Health. Or is it basically Health or bust.

Nope thanks to people wanting a challenge (I played for hundreds of hours and am dominating poo poo where's the challenge?) you pretty much need tons of hp.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

thehandtruck posted:

You are revolting.

What? For good or bad this game is for the "hardcore" gamer. All builds that plan on doing anything higher then low tier maps pretty much take every feasible hp node plus have some sort of other damage mitigation (on top of max everything but chaos resists). I'm sorry for being factual.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

kaaj posted:

So I'm totally new to PoE (but not to other hack'n'slashes) and I'm playing hardcore. I'm wondering - I'm playing ranger trapper (want to see if this build will work - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1543845 ) and was thinking about going for evasion as my "defence". Would you say that this is a bad idea? Or what would be i.e. "safe" amount of +life % / total life which I should be aiming to get from the passive tree?

By hardcore I meant people who play tons.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Do tons of damage and don't get hit is also viable (sorta).

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Totally going for some sort of cold snap (or other spell) perma freeze build.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bah I want to try a Scold's Bridle build but know I won't be able to afford it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Rurutia posted:

I'll just spark my way to victory while leveling.

That's my plan. I'll probably get too much projectile speed and lose out on exp.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 29, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Good news, even better is that it's the "First Wave of Trade Improvements". Come on offline selling/buying.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

nice trollbait, dnc.

What?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

I know you already know that CW is fundamentally against that and it will never happen. nice try m8

I do forget things, and offline buying and selling is not necessarily an auction house (which is what I want but not what was intended by my post)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

and it's all especially funny because there is nothing wrong with it and it's very nearly the only thing diablo 3 got right at all

Sure but you see it was the problem, not the bots, the lack of gold sinks, terrible drop rates, ridiculous Hell (whatever the highest difficulty was) difficulty and the whole everyone wanting the same types of items.

Edit: Ah yes it was Inferno that's right.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 1, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

the highest difficulty was randomly running into a pack of frost wallers and getting pushed into a corner while they repeatedly dropped freezing bombs on you

Sweet tanky zombies this so much fun.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 1, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Yea lets also ignore all the people running flipping scripts/bots to buy low priced good items to sell for more. poo poo goons were bragging in the d3 thread about how much money they were making flipping items instead of playing the game. But yes the ah wasn't the problem. :rolleyes:

So bots aren't a problem without an auction house?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

To those who thought/think I was trolling what other improvements to trading do you think they'll add? (I suppose anyone can answer this)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

1% fire leech is kinda the major point of going Chieftan. You cannot get that much fire leech through gear or through the tree otherwise, only by straight up using the life leech gem. This makes it essentially a free link for incinerate, ignoring every other bonus in the entire tree.

If you're doing any sort of critting with incinerate it is also probably just to proc Elemental Overload.

Scion Berserkers gets 1.5%.

Cinara posted:

Scion with Berserker as one of your picks gets 1.5% generic leech, it is an incredibly strong pick for a lot of builds from that alone.

Hey don't copy me you future seeing jerk.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 1, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

baby puzzle posted:

The amount of whining about "pay to win" on reddit is unbelievable. I don't even want to see how the official forums are reacting.

Hmm okay Hearthstone is not pay to win because of reasons but Path of Exile is? Hahahahaha.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Here's my plan for spark https://www.pathofexile.com/passive..._VkncMJ8h25kw==

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 3, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ekster posted:

If you go Scion definitely take the Deadeye ascendancy. A second good ascendancy is probably Berserker for the free leech and extra damage.

Exactly my plan.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Velveteen posted:

Too bad I can't afford this. Just my luck to find a rare item only to be unable to afford!

He's offered me a Daresso's Salute and Brinerot Flag, of course neither of which I could afford.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Gibbo posted:

Why do you think they would do something that would require as much senseless reworking as removing a whole difficulty level?

There has been a standard of three (or more) difficulties in arpgs for a long time, and I'd rather that effort be put towards more content.

Not all of us are entertained by ever so clever new game + approach to lengthening games. At least the acting isn't as inane/unskippable as it was it d3. (Yes there is indeed a queen of spiders stop acting so loving surprised)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dream Attack posted:

Whoa, you can now buy a Currency Stash Tab which stacks your items up to 5000.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629196

I hope they do one for maps, so much clutter.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

thehandtruck posted:

I see. Thanks for the info. Would you recommend saffell's frame or is there a better solution?

Voltaxic is another option. I bought one on my sparker to be able to handle Atziri's reflect since all other options kind of sucked.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

for poo poo builds sure, sorry your worthless special snow flake(BUT ITS FUN!!) build doesn't work in beyond.

Yeah gently caress those who don't want to get all the life nodes, and multiple forms of damage mitigation.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

nightwisher posted:

Until the fundamental defense meta dies (it won't ever), every build is bad unless it's rocking 5k+ life or 8k+ ES with at least one form of 20%+ mitigation. I've made a tonne of snowflake builds, but the one consistent thing that sucks about them is dying a lot in high-tier maps and never getting beyond lvl 89 or being able to reliably not waste 6 portals in a T14. I mean you're totally entitled to make a 3k ES trapper with 400 billion DPS but don't get upset when you faceplant into harder content and can't progress. Also, that 400 billion DPS becomes zero when you're dead.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over my 160k sparker. (with charges up,and onslaught)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sifting through loot is such a pain in the rear end. It sure would be nice if it dropped identified.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm thinking Cybil's blade vortex heirophant.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1adz7DHNRs

haha, all you need to fix bad melee skills is to fatfinger an extra zero on the damage and area of effect and make the skill nutso

gently caress instead of playing I was working on a doryani's fist/hyaon's fury shield charge raider build.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 5, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

Oh no... my build idea is the exact same as a duck and cover build...

It'll totally work guess I'll level a new character tomorrow.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I vaaled a 5l rrrrg Belly of the Beast and got +gems how much do you think it's worth?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

climboutonalimb posted:

But my koams heart and 5l oros sacrifice for 4 ex and make an flicker prolif elementals so I don't have to

It rules, but I think slayer would be better. Although my build ended up not having enough survivability.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 6, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Do it with sire of shards for laughs.

It's been done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3muXZF0Wr7M.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

J posted:

Exhibit A:

Fukken HYPERcasuals who don't have at least five level 100 characters each league.

I get the feeling these are the type of players who spend a ton of money in this game.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Filthy casuals shouldn't be able to get nice stuff! Please make the game harder so I can grind more to trivialize content thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Moddington posted:

Yeah I'm so disappointed they're removing a crafting method that will let the top players flood the market with nigh-perfect rares and rake in obscene amounts of cash.

Metamod crafting costs multiple exalts and requires a level 8 master, no casual would ever get anywhere close to even attempting this crafting method.

Of course they wouldn't but the items crafted via it would be attainable.

• Locked thread