Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
What's the best guide/build for Fakener?

A Voll's dropped for me and I've always wanted to try it out.

HC BTW.

moush fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Can I get an invite to the guild? IGN is moush

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Phobophilia posted:

Someone should make the top 10 streamers aware of this and make them take this poo poo to the next level.

It wouldn't work out if they had a devoted fanbase that wanted to watch them.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Lungboy posted:

Doing that in hardcore will get you killed.

Nah, they added that minute long invincibility period.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1621190

R.I.P. this worm build. Nerfed only hours after he releases the guide for it.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

gonadic io posted:

How do Perandus chests work? Sometimes I've had the same mob just respawn a half dozen times before it opened, do you need to kill them near to it or something?

You have to keep killing the stuff it spawns until it stops glowing. Kill any Unique monsters from the chest first.

Sometimes though the chest can bug and be unable to be opened.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Mortimer posted:

If you put it in your 1c tab you did list it for a price....1c.

You aren't setting a global 1c tab and also setting individual 1c prices on each are you?

Can't you overwrite prices on a global tab? I think that's what he means.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

They listened to reddit!!

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Anyone tried Vaal Molten Shell before? Mathil posted a video and it looked hilarious.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Zotix posted:

is there a place that explains how exactly NeverSink's filter works? I was using the slick version, and when i moved over to the standard version a lot more stuff became available. I still don't understand why rings are almost the same color as uniques, and some other things.

Check his forum post, he goes through everything. Uniques should be orange/brown and rings are usually green/yellow for me.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

hi liter posted:

Just started playing this game again after a long break. Is anyone else having real bad performance issues that they didn't have before? The game is crashing a lot more and taking twice as long to load zones.

It's mostly because they added background preloading to the game. Try appending --noasync to the end of your shortcut.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Fun times on my first uber lab. I was able to facetank Izaro with pretty much no threat but Argus was too much for me to handle. Had a tough fight with the final Izaro but wasn't too much of a problem. Went into the next room to collect my fat loot with 3 keys and watched as my screen filled up completely with currency. It's a shame I forgot that I had some Tome prophecy that proceeded to kill me as I picked up my loot. I didn't even touch the font to get my 2 points.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Inquis crit doomfletch worked well for me, this was when LA worked on frost wall though.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Luna Was Here posted:

I'm more than aware, I was asking mainly to see if there was any deficiency that I'm not seeing since I'm fairly new so that way I know what not to do gear wise come the new league

Scion is pretty bad, try to figure out another ascendancy if you can.

On another note, how decent is Vaal Spark as a starter? On reddit there plenty of people saying they were making one to farm currency early and all you really needed was a tabula.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

also those people on reddit are copying zizaran who is a notorious "farm dried lake until level 80" guy, if that sounds good then vaal spark is absolutely #1 the spec for you

Nah I usually get bored of DL pretty early in the 70s so I'll probably stick with facebreaker AW and hope the range nerfs aren't too bad.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Farm currency for Mjolner for 1 year for 55 ex back in the day so i could finally feel strong and rewarded.. Oh wait.. nerf'd and worth 2 ex now.. Get over it.. Go for Cospri, spend months optimizing, trading for currency, fire conversion gear, Izaro turmoils to make it strong.. Feel rewarded.. Oh wait.. nerf'd and for loving what? I can cast cold spells with spell echo around 9 or 10 times a second and have them in a 6l!.. so why the gently caress did you just cripple a huge investment 3l that hits up to ten times per second down to 4? It was already balanced.. now its poo poo.. you kill every fun build out there that people invest their time and effort into! Check it out.. Cospri's malice is 3 months old.. was heavily tested and balanced to begin with.. and you just hosed the entire build..again.. for NONSENSE? And you wonder why you're losing players like crazy? to grab a couple new ones every new league for a few weeks while the tried and true have had enough of the bullshit. Oh boohoo poor me right? A purple beyond league you have to rush to win.. Hey! I know!! I'll play BLADE VORTEX! Dumbasses!

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

dyzzy posted:

From Reddit I presume?

Official forums.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1773975/page/12/#p13914986

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I'm not sold on Blight + CWC for Contagion. There's still a slight delay until the first cast of contagion comes out and I think that's just enough to make it not worth it over just casting contagion on its own. Not to mention that it weakens the best aspect of ED which is being able to easily kite while your dot does its work.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

The Pell posted:

I havent even launched the game yet, but if I want to eventually end up with a super lazy dont have to push many buttons build, what should I start working towards?

Totems, either Flameblast or Ancestral Warchief.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
You get more +ev by RMT'ing.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I've bought 2 supporter packs and that's probably all I'll be buying unless they add some more stuff I'd be interested in. Going through the tabs I have is already enough work.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Is lightning arrow still good? Don't you have to use Barrage or something for single target?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Aerox posted:

As a huge noob scrub lord I have finally decided I am going to try running the Dual Righteous Fire Totem build from Milky (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1510181) and just pray I don't gently caress it up and that it's viable :downs:

It's definitely viable and I've done it before. You can't really go wrong with it if you're a noob it's incredibly easy to play. FB Totems is probably better, but everyone is running that so the items you need for RF Totem are extremely cheap.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

LeninVS posted:

I cannot complete the lab because 1 in 8 loadscreens freezes the game. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Launch_options

Try adding some of those to your shortcut, namely --nopreload and --noasync

Those commands help a lot if you're running it on a lovely computer or on a HDD.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

this game has a single pay2win part

and that part is a currency tab

public tabs for trading are also pretty p2w

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

i can still taste him posted:

Isn't 100c rather cheap?

Edit: oh, I see. No fire damage.

Apparently the guy sold it for 6ex, but he could have also gotten some RMT for it on the DL.

I lucked out and got a Relic version of Aegis Aurora. Is there a good build that can use it or should I just sell it for ~4ex?

moush fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 12, 2017

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdlnJBQMHbc

New split arrow with the jewel seems kind of silly. I'm sure split arrow is still just inferior to other bow skills but at least it looks cool.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
How would RF Zerker be as a starter? It seems like it would at least be tank but it might require too much gear to be able to effectively survive since it's melee range /w no leech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Eezee posted:

Why Zerker instead of Juggernaut or Chieftain?

Mostly cause that's the build that Pohx showcased on youtube, and the 40% damage and regen/speed you get from the ascendancy seems good. I'm not sure the build is viable w/o the items he has, which is why I'm asking here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NECWWPj80I

• Locked thread