Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
As someone who picked this up when it first came out but hasn't touched it since then (and only had a character up to level 15 or so) what do you guys recommend for some relatively easy, reasonably powerful builds that I can level up with and play around and have fun without having to sperglord forever worry too much? Sometime like a minion master? Totem Summoner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions!

I think i'll try out the cyclone 2h build and/or maybe one of the others linked.

Thank you guys!

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Azran posted:

I can't seem to get the Neversink filter to work. I'm placing the file in the right place with the right extension, yet there's no filter option in the menu.

Are you using notepad++ instead of notepad.

Is the file extension correct? Toggle off 'Hide extensions for known filetypes'

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Can I get a guild invite? Zaptasm is my name currently.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Apple Craft posted:

I witnessed this glorious bastard in person. It was everything you would hope for. It didn't even smell like sweat in his hideout or anything.

I saw that in person too! it was insane. my FPS died forever.

Cool in theory, but is it practical? :colbert:

edit: Nevermind, it's loving cool. It doesn't need to be practical.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Just did merc malachai with dickbutt last night. What a pain in the neck that was. He was level 90 and I was 83 and we both pretty good survivability and dps but got wrecked a few times.

Is that encounter just tough to begin with?

Also dickbutt was doing a scion spectral throw with coc and gmp paired with what looked with ice spear and blast rain. I've looked around briefly but couldn't find a solud build guide. Anyone willing to give me a rundown on the best way to go about building that type of character? Any notable passives aside from crit chance? I'm assuming its going to be somewhere in shadow/witch territory most of the time? How do you cast spectral throw if its linked to coc?

edit: thanks budgie - I still feel like a bit of an idiot though:bang:

LordAdakos fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Vorenus posted:

Eh, maybe I'll start in the next one if people play then. In the meantime, the end of Act 4 has completely turned me off from this game. A4N is harder than I remember A2C/M ever being, and it's not so much skill-based as it is lazy, ham-fisted, gently caress-you difficulty.

A4N is definitely a gear/skill/determination check - but you don't lose exp so grab a night's hold, throw flame totem in there and zerg till it dies. ( or get a few levels in the dry lake)

Or message me in-game sometime and i'd be happy to rush you through (if you are playing talisman softcore)

Also, you only really have to do A4 in normal and cruel, you can skip it entirely (minus the spirit skill point and the dry lake) in merciless

IGN is LordAdakos

• Locked thread