Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
It's worse if you're shadow and can't shlep over to duelist as easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Summoner is terrible if youre new. i imagine

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Big new patch is the perfect chance to play hc bc when u die its just a chance to try some other weird new thing

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Life without death is nothing

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Thats good

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
oh but if i make banallwhites that would be fine right? they should call that country like new pcland, p cealand. aupckland. pchristpchurch

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
For serious jokes aside no one take banallwhites because i really want that now

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
What kind of point would you get across with a racist nickname in diablo 2 2? i dont actually want to know im just figuring

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
thats what you get for longboring

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Rookersh posted:

Play for about an hour or so, get to the Mud Flats....
My lord

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
If they open the door to negative feedback they also let in dickholes starting poo poo over nothing, people feeling like they got ripped off, every idiot who doesnt get things the way they want

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Couldn't you potentially dos omtehing retarded like portal out, go to a low level instance somewhere and wipe it in like 2 minutes flat with whatever you build souls with, then come back.

Nah souls are per area because of that probably

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Kea posted:

gently caress daresso and his stupid loving map, sure put me in a tiny arena jam packed with assholes, this is perfect for my ranged character why not. Then when you die you port back and it puts you slap bang in the middle of the assholes, good luck. gently caress this map so hard.

Dont die

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Going "well what did i think was gonna happen" is the cornerstone of the hc xperience

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
4 totem templar

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Vilgan posted:

So... 20 exalts seemed like a fortune, but now that I'm looking into trying to buy my way to the remaining challenges (the harder/expensive ones), it looks like its less than I expected. Chains that bind go for 30c?!? Ugh.

Debating if I even want to try for 28 or just hit 21 and call it a day.

How hard is the 2 ghosts challenge to get? Haven't had it happen randomly, figured there might be ways to line it up to happen but would love hints from anyone that's pulled it off.

Price probably goes up because people like you want those items¨

edit i remember some previous league someone had to pay like 2ex for an unid blackheart or whatever

dangerdoom volvo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 2, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
its something you do when you have 1 jillion ex, not before

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Rurutia posted:

I'm reading some stuff about ED/Contagion not being very good for end-game. How true is that?

not very

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Ekster posted:

Those 50% MS boots with no level req is seriously the unique I'm most excited for.

watch them cost an arm and a leg

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i have tons of tabs and not one of them premium. its like a game within the game

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
holy loving chris

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Couldnt you just keep using your 3rd party program to list poo poo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Ezekeel posted:

Interesting. That makes farming specific legendaries definitely easier. Still not a way to get legacy items sadly.

I might actually give this game another chance.

Any good witch summoner builds out there? I think I am around lvl 80 or so.

id tell you but you have to be a legacy thread poster

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Could you stack for instance the aoe from hierophant with an aoe gem and get screenwide blade vortex

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Korwin posted:

Currious, per here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quecholli has worse stats than Wideswing.
And it did not match mine (mine has max. Damage 150) I assumed gamepedia shows only base damage and the % still needs to be factored in.

But then I looked at poe.trade and saw Wideswing with less Damage than Quecholli... Confused. Gamepedia has an wrong data entry?
Quecholli can be used from 22 onward, and with 48 I did not find an replacement yet...
So the point is, more of an early weapon item you can use very long.

rigwalds charge at 44

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

Buzzsaw has been "back" ever since it left, really. I say that having played it every single patch since the term was coined.

so do you agree raider is the way to go then sensei

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

I do. My preferred option is Raider with Avatar of Chase + Way of the poacher. LL Inquisitor is also very solid, as is pathfinder with Master surgeon + veteran bowyer. For HC, champion is also an obvious choice.

E: Messed around with the skilltree for a few minutes, and I think this would be my ideal setup http://poeurl.com/BwW - Crit sword ST with a Vaal Rapier or Jewelled Foil.

Seems like a bit much to get speed, ele dmg and crit on a sword

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
"Chris wanted to push TGU as a 'very powerful item' when my gut told me it was never, ever meant to be perceived at that." lol

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
You can now load to the login screen in less than a second on an SSD hard drive * instantly ages to a skeleton and falls apart*

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
can i play self cast fire discharge

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

rubbing fusings on kuduku increases their potency tenfold, and two kudukus will mean an exponential increase

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i wanna see how it worksin a non glass cannon abyssus context

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

holky gently caress

Daebak

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
if you play past 85 anyway youre a dillweed

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
the one that counts is http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Headhunter

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
whats wrong with the map, other than not pointing out the last guy

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
wait whats going on

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
eat the rich

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
12 years since release and still templar has no pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

The Crusher posted:

Got tired of D3 and D2, so I'm playing PoE for technically the first time since last I played was only for a few hours and not even through Act 1.

As a first plathrough I'm running marauder and not really being too critical about my skill tree. Just finished Act 1, my experience is primarily positive, as I'm using 2H Cleave as my primary attack and oneshotting any non-uniques. Just a few questions overall:

I specced into life leech. Some of the trees says it increases my life leech per second. How does life leech work? Is it over time and not instant?

What's the difficulty spike I should worry about late game? In Diablo 2 it was getting resistances high and having mixed damage to deal with immunities. What's PoE's equivalent of this wall, if any?

get health and cap your resists, life leech is over time but theres a passive on the center right that makes it instant but removes regen.

• Locked thread