Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I always think whatever the new league is will finally be the league that I roll in HC but it never happens. I always end up dying once in cruel for one reason or another so I don't think I'm cut out for it anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The HC playstyle seems fun, rerolling all the time cause I'm bad at it does not.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I like to pretend I'm playing HC in SC and then when I inevitably get my first death I just stop caring.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Gibbo posted:

The patch notes?

The patch notes mention an "increase" in radius, not "more" radius which is a fairly significant difference.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Thoughts on this build for a contagion/essence drain scion? Thinking of running two curse-auras but unsure if I need to stack a bit of range to make that work.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vasudus posted:

As requested, here's my build after I abandoned ED/contagion:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...Fro1utj6-7w1fVv

I am using Bladefall - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Poison. It is amazing.

Can I ask why you abandoned the chaos build? Bladefall looks fun too so I'm kinda trying to decide between the two builds. I haven't actually had time to play yet so I'm trying to get a feel for them vicariously

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The more I use essence drain the more I'm thinking about throwing GMP on it instead of slower proj. The multiplicative effects of void manipulation, rapid decay and controlled destruction adds so much damage that another "more" modifier is a lot less attractive than an additional 4 points where the essence effect can spread from. Especially considering that slow proj makes it even more unwieldy to use than usual. I need a leveled up GMP and a 5 link to really give it a shot but man gently caress slower proj.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Can you roll duplicate cosmetics with the winter mystery box? hosed up if so

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lioneye's is not expensive anymore, mainly because its not really good anymore. Most bow builds want to stack crit, which Lioneye's is bad at. I'd probably focus on getting higher life rolls on your gear if you're under 3k hp.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Xequecal posted:

Why does nobody use Mind over Matter? It seems that would be ridiculous with everyone focusing on stacking as much life as possible.

People definitely do use it. I'm using it on my current build in fact. That said its not as crazy as it used to be a few patches ago before the EB changes. Still, the MoM/EB/ZO combo is like the caster defense setup.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yes? Why would anyone want that?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Haha yeah I'm def reading that

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Bloodly posted:

Hm. Makes you think, though. 17,000 is a big number, yet it provides so little in actual protection. In that case, what's even the point of the number, if it means so little in real terms?

Armor is less effective the bigger the hit is. He was using a huge hit as an example, against more common amounts of damage that kind of armor is much more effective.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
This guy gets it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm gonna play blade vortrex first since it looked cool last league but I didn't get a chance to try it. Was gonna go assassin for max crits unless anyone has a better idea to throw out.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I saw the guy running pathfinder blade vortex and it did look strong, but seemed like it wouldn't really shine until you get a taste and vinkters. I like the berserker/assassin suggestion though as I was planning on taking vaal pact anyways.

With the basic assassin though, how worth it is it to spend 3 points to get a 6th power charge? It seems like it would add enough crit to be worthwhile, but you might go over cap even with basic crit gear.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I guess throw me an invite too ign: vortextron

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'd take the gem and avoid getting the passive cluster altogether.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
During alpha I saw a guy running cluster trap mirror arrow to make an army of archers. Seemed pretty stupid and fun.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
With that one occultist passive that staff seems like it could be pretty good.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
My install is like 9 gigs. It may be 4 without all the patches I'm not sure.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I have room for a 4 link on my blade vortex assassin that I'm not sure what to do with. I already have a cwdt setup, whirling blades, curses, auras and vaal skills. I was thinking a wither totem since I have the 15% extra chaos from phys damage nodes and I run an atziri flask, but I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The only time I look at standard is to take my mtx off. I can only imagine what the stash looks like now especially the tabs from the early days when I used to hoard random gems and rares that should have been vendored immediately.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
For those running a flameblast elementalist build, are you planning on going clear mind/mom?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Is using ele prolif over beacon of ruin generally recommended? Seems like kind of a waste, especially if you only have a 5l.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

gonadic io posted:

I was under the impression that the proflif gem is also boosted by aoe increased but the passive node isn't.

Oh yeah that would be a pretty huge difference. A 5l that includes ele prolif just looks a little light on damage to me.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah thats normal for right before a new league starts. The queue usually goes pretty fast.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You guys seen how the new shield charge plays? Holy poo poo I wanna change builds already.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Wait shield charge is good?

They changed it around this patch and its a lot less janky and has a ton of aoe now. It looks really good

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Does that count as +4 for discharge? Yikes

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Not started playing this league yet but saw some dudes in this thread talking about performance issues since the patch.

Chris posted this, might help some of you: https://m.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4nfcgl/psa_how_to_turn_off_the_background_loading/

Hopefully this works for me. Since the patch the game usually crashes two or three times before I can actually get in-game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
poe.trade

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Arzachel posted:

How fun is Facebreaker Shield Charge, is dealing with bosses annoying? Found a perfectly rolled one and might as well use it since I've never done a Facebreaker build before.

Insanely fun I think in that once you get enough attack speed and damage you just fly around maps almost faster than you can control your character. Single target is fine with the totem, main problem is that you definitely need an abyssus and due to that its not really tanky for a melee build.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Bringer was my first big money drop, back when they went for 8-10ex lol

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Combination of it being able to stack up for tons of dps on a single target like a tough boss and it double dipping with a lot of scaling (like how increased damage on the initial hit also increases the damage of the resulting poison). On top of that its damage as chaos so naturally lower resists to get through.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I ran lowlife BV assassin last league and it did feel like the leech gem was essential. Probably easiest to lose the inc duration especially if you can manage an increased BV duration helm enchant.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The exhilaration of seeing a big hit dip into your tiny little hp pool.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Whoever took that pic needs to turn their opacity down. That spot looks bad but overall I think the map is good

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mortimer posted:

the map files are literally separate images wireframed and downscaled from the map files

Yeah that's what's cool about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mortimer posted:

this is the coolest thing ive ever seen imho

Well like I said I would lower the opacity but otherwise yes extremely cool, good pic.

• Locked thread