Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Haven't played for a few leagues and I'm having trouble pricing stuff again.

What could I sell this for? It seems pretty decent to me for any melee build that uses axes.
http://i.imgur.com/o9qpAmz.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

The Real Foogla posted:

that's pretty nice, compare it to other triple damage resist jewels?

Pretty hard finding something comparable unless you try every combination of triple damage resists.
I'll just put it up for 20c and see if someone will take it I guess.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

That would be great. I'll put it up for that. I can still lower it in a few days if there are no takers.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Is Explosive Arrow still a thing? I would like to play a bow build and explosive arrow always sounded pretty fun, but I never tried it. I haven't seen any proper up to date builds that are actually good.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

All good names being taken makes people desperate I guess:

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

I'm not worried about resist capping wearing all uniques. I want to hit 6500 life.

E: Nevermind here's my calculations. Tree I'll be working with at lvl 93

219% inc life on tree with 5 jewel sockets at 31% total life from jewels = 250% inc total life, you need 1858 base life to hit 6500.

Lvl 93 char helping Oak has 1194 (I believe lvl 1 is not counted for flat life, so a lvl 93 character has 92*12 flat life boost from level + 50 base), Nodes give 52 flat, 204 Str gives 102, so 1348.
Drillneck gives 50, Amulet/Rings give 75 each, belt gives 130 = 405.

This gives a gap of 105. Assuming my gear won't quite be as good as listed, it looks like I have to use 2 rares among hat/gloves/boots to reach the 6500 threshold, and 6700 is definitely doable.

In a crit build you really want the 90%b multiplier from face breakers. And while you can probably get higher life boots than Atziri's the spell dodge is really nice, I don't think it's worth it to give that up for a bit more life.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Rashomon posted:

Decided to go for a 6L on my Starforge Flicker Strike guy even though it doesn't matter, and got it after about 700-800 fusing.

Then I bought a Shav's for fun and decided to dump some fusing into that because who cares, end of league.

Got it after about 350. So, uh, anyone know any good low life builds?

Ball Lightning is really fun imho.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Without PF you won't have perma Dying Sun + Vinktar's. Without those you probably won't have enough leech and your damage and clearspeed will suck.

It's probably just as overpowered as BV or maybe even more so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUq93L-r43I

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Maddot_66 posted:

Looking for some goon feedback on my variation on Mathil's Dream Feather Spectral Throw. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

couple things I am focused on:

what I should run for my 6th link in the set-up. culling strike is a placeholder, since I discovered I did more damage with it than with phys proj damage.

wondering if there is a better way to poison. I use 3 pacifism and snakebite to always have poison up, and to always be phasing. wondering if I should make poison my 6th gem and free up the jewel slots for something else.

is there any reasonable way to make onslaught happen more frequently? I get huge damage boosts while active.

I need more life. currently putting points into scion health wheel. what else can I do?

any other suggestions, observations, or questions would be greatly appreciated.

Pierce would be the 6th support if you just want a modifier. A poison gem sounds better to me though. You are giving up frenzy charges, glove slot and 3 jewels that could all be huge damage and HP boosts.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Maddot_66 posted:

That explains why mathil uses pierce when these already do so. Totally forgot about the More modifier.

The only thing that worries me about ditching the gloves and jewels for the poison gem is the fact that I rely on phasing for my defense, as much as offense. If I am not phasing, then I lose 20%move, elemental status immunity, and 10% spell dodge chance.
How would I reliably keep up phasing against bosses? (this kinda fits into my other question about onslaught. If I can more effectively keep that up, I could ease off phasing from being at "max" frenzy charges.
How would I effectively generate charges? I hate blood rage, and I don't have reservation for poacher's mark.

That sounds like a great idea. I have a few regrets left, so I'll do that in a couple levels if I make it that far.

Thanks for the feedback. I want to use this next league, so this has been super helpful .

Keeping up charges against bosses will be pretty hard unless you want to slot a frenzy gem somewhere.

For general clear Blood Rage is great even if you don't like it.

I'm not confident that you can get enough damage and life to do uberlab and harder content comfortably without getting those 3 gem slots, but maybe it is totally fine. Just try it and if it feels comfortable playing with your current gear keep it.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Seems pretty hard to do in a 1 month league.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Oh, I could have sworn that they wanted to do a 1 month league. Not entirely sure if the gimmick is good enough to entertain for a whole 3 month league, but we'll see.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

peak debt posted:

Does that check the totem's full life or your full life for the bonus?

It should just count yours. Which isn't a problem since you can focus on dodging since yours totems attack for you and you have a great instant heal with your shouts.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

If they really don't nerf the damage considerably I'll just embrace it and start Assassin Blade Flurry in Breach.

PF only gets good when you get a the expensive flasks in my opinion, so I'll try to be a bit cheaper and see how far I'll get.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Why would a searing touch be better than a +3 staff?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

..btt posted:

Presumably because you're dropping 1 level on your main skill (3 on non-fire supports) but gaining 160% damage, and the cast speed won't hurt either.

You are gaining 2 extra levels for every gem since you are probably going to use a level 4 empower and at that point I'm pretty sure that a +3 staff is going to be better. It's prohibitively expensive though. Searing touch will most likely be a much better option, especially since you can get pretty good mods on your staff. Just as an example:

It would be stupid to spend that much currency on it, but I'm pretty sure that Searing Touch isn't actually BiS.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Rakeris posted:

So blade flurry Raider anyone?

I will embrace it. Raider was super crappy against bosses, but feels great to play otherwise and blade flurry is a very fun skill in my opinion.

Unlike the BV meta this sounds like an actually fun to play build.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

IS there a certain price point where you won't buy coins at? I think I might start buying coins to make sure I got a full set of prophecies going most times because what you're saying definitely makes sense.

He is insanely lucky if he gets that many Jeweller's Touches. I did hundreds of prophecies last league and got maybe 4 of them. Also it seems really cheap right now with 32c to be honest. The real money makers were Monstrous Treasure and the Voidheart prophecy for me. The current price point is probably ok for farming prophecies, but if they get more expensive you will definitely need to look up if the good prophecies also increase in price, otherwise you may lose a bunch of currency. The system is pretty much just gambling after all.

Look up prophecy prices here, it's reasonably accurate: http://poe.ninja/bsc/prophecies

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Does this site update in real time or do you have to refresh?

Probably need to refresh, but if you actually want to sell something from the list always click the little '@' button on the right to check current prices. Make sure you don't get fooled by people that list stuff under value to drive down prices though.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Ghost of Starman posted:

Thanks, this is all really helpful.

For boots, do you mean generally you generally wait for Rares that drop w/ Movespeed? I ask mostly because boots without +Move seem pretty worthless, and adding 8-12% with the crafting bench feels downright anemic compared to 20% or higher...

Not wearing Seven-League Step until your character is finished feels slow.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Cerepol posted:

So crazy people are hitting 100 in 3-4 days? Well then gotta nerf it.

how about every day in the league after 2 weeks adds slight experience bonuses that keep growing up until the end of the league.

Why? Your character should be finished at level 90 at the latest anyway. It's not really necessary to push your characters even further.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Would an ignite fireball build be new league friendly? Thinking about what I'm going to want to do first for Legacy League, and I haven't tried basing a build around plain old Fireball yet.

Should be fine and it gets pretty good with a Dying Sun and a proper 6L. If you don't have those you might be better off using Flameblast tbh. Fireball is a lot more fun though.

Mathil did a FB buils in Atlas if you want to look that up. Should get to mid maps without much trouble.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I wouldn't count on getting high end legacy items. If they are as rare as the announcement says they will be exceedingly expensive.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Magus42 posted:

Hurray for random reddit giveaways:

What's a build I can do w/this?

Ball Lightning is more fun than Blade Vortex imho.

DBK's char, since he had better equipment than me: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/datbabykilla/characters

And a video of the build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUq93L-r43I

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I'm pretty sure that should be a Lightning Penetration gem (at least that's what my character has slotted): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/EezeeG/characters My gear is definitely a lot worse. I specced into Ball lightning at the end of the league to try it out for a bit.

It should still work. Just tried a few reasonably difficult maps. No idea about shaper though.

Jusupov posted:

Maybe he uses it in his shield in the cast when damage taken - bv - slot and put the power charge on crit there accidentally

That's just the laziest Power charge setup you can possibly do.

Eezee fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 22, 2017

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I think I'll still do Kotf. The nerfs are pretty bad, but with the new tree I think it's possible to offset that damage loss.
Reach being nerfed isn't a problem, since Death's Opus is pretty much just as good and should be reasonably cheap because of Prophecy keystones.

Only thing I'm miffed about is that I'm out of town until tuesday, so I will miss the first days of the league once again.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

TheRat posted:

They are releasing the tree + filter in a few hours.

Are you going to make your own version of greengroves filter again? I liked the last version you posted.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

So you have 10 Harvests now?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Someone make a goon.trade please.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Finagle posted:

Whoops. Fixed now. Sorry, didn't even realize that was a setting!

Well, the gear is crap obviously, but you are only level 62, so it doesn't really matter.

You should be fine with getting rid of both mana flasks. You should deal enough damage that the spirit void cluster leeches enough mana. Get some utility flasks like Diamond, Jade or Silver in those slots. Also get instant life flasks (Seething Prefix), those will help you much more than the ones you have.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I'm looking for flask advice. Playing a KOTF assassin.

1 Seething Divine Life of Heat
2 Atziri's Promise
3 Experimenter's Diamond Flask of Curing
4 Ample Silver Flask of Staunching
5 Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Resistance

I prob need a better suffix on my quicksilver and put the staunching on the diamond flask so I have more uses. I don't know about Atziri's Promise, I'm mostly using it because I need chaos res. Any advice on what to change up?

Witchfire Brew or Dying Sun are probably both better than Atziri's Promise, depending on your budget.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Kild posted:

Annoying but it was his own fault tbh. He logged out or some poo poo and it breaks the stormcall graphics when you come back.

How is the game being buggy his own fault?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Is GGG denying that the oriath design was inspired by Nazis/Romans? That seemed kind of obvious in the trailer.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

The pathing is fine if you have halfway decent equipment. Get a 500ES chest, Doedre's Scorn or The Gull Helmet, Bated Breath Belt (until you can afford a crystal one) and fix your resists with 2 rings and an amulet while you save up for Astramentis. Also get rid of all 3 of your mana flasks. You have Warlord's Mark to leech mana, you don't need a flask.

That should carry you through low maps and Merc Lab.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

The real benefit of Ev is that you don't get hit, since you are wearing Qotf and running circles around every damage source. Move speed is the best defense.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Did they announce when they were going to add Act 8 yet?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Well, it was my good fortune and the nice goonfriends simply helped me get the rest of the coins, which I paid nicely for. So I doubt #2.

#1 is really...would I rather get the completion of the atlas (on standard, presumably, since league is ending soon) or have the hundreds of chaos and then, I dunno, buy a shitton of nice gear to make my RF chieftain bitchin.

If you don't actually play Standard why not run it? It's not likely you are gonna get another one any time soon.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Is RF totems more viable than selfcast RF as a league starter? I don't even know what you need as items besides the shield.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Mr. Whale posted:

I could still see LL guardian RF as a cheap league starter depending on how much dots get changed. You never really needed high es on your gear to get over 10k es; just a high mana pool. Should be able to clear maps pretty well with the buffed burning support.

Are you fine with a Solaris? If you have to get a Shavs to get to mid tier maps it's a bit expensive for a league starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I guess with Act 8 out I should try the new bosses before I get completely spoiled.

Can I have an invite on EezeeRF?

• Locked thread