Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

AegisP posted:

Jesus, stop GGG. It's already dead.
Haha, yep, the new no-crit support gem isn't making up for that nerf. Maybe salvageable with chaos conversion and even more modifiers?

EDIT: Guy claims 58% less damage in the first second after swapping echo for the new gem. Though I think he's being deliberately misleading, by his numbers, dps approaches 21% less as time goes on. That might be usable, though clear speed and safety looks to suffer greatly.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I'm still confused. Docks is still in 100% exp range at 63 and in no way should be difficult either.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So what are peoples gotos for races these days? Still fire trap bootstrapping?

I'd like to target that 100 point Whispering Ice, which totally seems doable without too much time investment (15 races or so at 7 points a race)

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Basically we're suspecting that there's a catch with the cold damage drifts since the last 24hr race was so hard.

Also, new uniques.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1581354

That ring looks pretty good. Might not want to give up 2 ring slots, but running one slot will let you run a 50% and any two 35% or lower auras (2*35*1.4 = 98%) without any investment in reduced reservation.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The cold spots get seriously scary late A3 into A4, and its a serious bullet hell dodging sort of deal. Be deathly afraid of bear traps from exiles, and just nope out of things (I'm running dual quicksilvers).

Currently made it to Koam, but am really scared due to no fire resistance.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Hmm...perhaps coming home from a drink or two was not optimal condition for staying alive in Arctic A4 - got detonate deaded (without a single cold cloud in sight for that matter!)

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I'm not too happy about my detonate dead death, since I did think I could've killed Malachai. Just needed to shore up the fire resistance, otherwise had 1.4k HP, 1.2k tooltip tornado shot, and adequate evasion.

Oh well.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Any hope they'll make this cheaper given the ascendancy nodes are 5 each, and those have a larger impact?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Apparently lighting trap is popular now in racing too. Didn't realize that. Probably a good indicator of it being good.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Doesn't Burning Arrow work better as a single target?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
poo poo man. I guess we'll be seeing even more Scions, even if the bundled nodes are weaker, the ability to combine them from classes probably will be ridiculous.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 25, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The one thing about the offerings that will be annoying is the constant recasting. With L20 increased duration, built-in 30% duration, you can get 6-13 seconds depending on corpses; with heavy investment into the duration nodes, you can get around 9-19 seconds.

I kinda of want to just say screw it, forgo the high levels of health recovery that L20+ bone offering provides and keep it lowish level and put it in CWDT, because pathing to the skill duration nodes by Scion will be annoying as heck. Thinking L7 CWDT (~1000 damage) + L12 offering (31/30 block) seems like an OK tradeoff. This way also lets you get the 40% increased damage after offering bonus from the other ascendancy node up frequently as well. Also I suspect those life recovery values at high levels might get themselves nerfed.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 26, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Planning on necromancer w/bone offering, self-cast lightning, then transitioning into Mjolnir. I'm really considering the tradeoffs going armor with IR with that long rear end-trek from witch (and energized armor to convert some ES into armor, then sticking Aegis on it for the hell of things).

I'm looking at something around:
300% total increased damage (inc Elemental Overload and the 40% dmg after consuming corpse necromancer also gets)
175% life
260% armor
66 block / >30 spell block depending on items (inc tempest shield, 32% block shield, L12 bone offering on a L7 CWDT since I do not think the life recovery at L20 will stay in place)

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lurksion posted:

Planning on necromancer w/bone offering, self-cast lightning, then transitioning into Mjolnir. I'm really considering the tradeoffs going armor with IR with that long rear end-trek from witch (and energized armor to convert some ES into armor, then sticking Aegis on it for the hell of things).
After treeing this out, strength for Mjolnir is going to be a serious problem. Going to need like 3 or 4 things with strength on gear. Back the board (or self-cast it is).

lurksion fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 29, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Cinara posted:

Needing str on gear for Mjolner is just the way it goes. You can see the Mjolner character I played on Talisman here, the level 90 Scion Cinara_

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cinara/characters

Because of the corrupted Voll's I had to have str on my ring, boots, shield, and helm. On top of wearing Doryani's belt and that still left me 1 short cause of crappy rolls on a few things so I used a gem with str also. To shield swap(for minus max + ele reflect maps) I had to change out a jewel for another str jewel also.

Overall I really enjoyed the character, though without Deadhand Talisman it wouldn't be as much fun and makes bosses a lot more stressful.
Yeah, that's a thing, but there's a big difference between a starting point of +270 strength and +50 strength. I'd have to dedicate 2 jewels to +str (~100 each), and 4 T1 strength rolls (~50 each) on various items.

RIP the DPS tank dream.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Has anyone used Cast When Stunned as a substitute for CWDT? Generally you don't notice being stunned when you aren't being immediately murdered by it, so does anyone have any experience with how often it happens "incidentally"?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
New best in slot leveling boots?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Huh, apparently the league coins are tradable too
(though thinking about it, why wouldn't they be? everything is)

Would be interesting to see how they get valued.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lurksion posted:

I'm looking at something around:
300% total increased damage (inc Elemental Overload and the 40% dmg after consuming corpse necromancer also gets)
175% life
260% armor
66 block / >30 spell block depending on items (inc tempest shield, 32% block shield, L12 bone offering on a L7 CWDT since I do not think the life recovery at L20 will stay in place)

lurksion posted:

After treeing this out, strength for Mjolnir is going to be a serious problem. Going to need like 3 or 4 things with strength on gear. Back the board (or self-cast it is).
:derp:
The solution to this is to not be retarded, and if going armor, go left instead of right+IW.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...GWCB9l8rfEYXQ==
Raw stats (damage + life + armor) are slightly lower than if you went right with IW, but it'll be considerably easier to meet the Mjolner stat requirements with 250 base strength rather than 50. Also pick up a load of jewel slots and have immediate access to more attack speed, block, and life nodes for extra levels past 85.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 2, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Vanguard Warden posted:

I've already broken the league for myself by playing an absurdly viable character. I got a Blade Vortex witch to the end of normal and picked up the Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy node, and now I'm completely indestructible. A high-level CWDT link carries Desecrate, Bone Offering and Chaos Golem. A low-level CWDT link carries Tempest Shield with Curse on Hit + Enfeeble. I'm using Cybil's Paw and running the combo of Eldritch Battery + Zealot's Oath + Mind Over Matter, with 95% of my mana reserved to run Discipline, Vitality and Arctic Armor.

Altogether, this means I constantly have near maximum block and spell block, regain life rapidly whenever I'm being attacked or standing near something, curse anything that tries to hit me with Enfeeble, and 30% of the damage taken from hits goes to my rapidly regenerating ES pool instead of my life. I'm expecting either Bone Offering or the Mistress of Sacrifice node to see some serious nerfs at the end of this league.
This reminded me to actually go and buy a Cybils. Not planning on using it as my final weapon, but no idea why I forgot to pick one up since it's going to a while before I can afford final set of gear. Going armor based down the left side of the tree.

My current CWDT setup is a lower level carrying Desecrate, higher level carrying Bone Offering, Chaos Golem, Tempest shield, but that will change at some point (low level desecrate and higher level offering will stay though) - want to get an increased duration on the bone offering.

Also running conductivity curse on hit on herald of lightning, don't have space on the tempest shield CWDT setup. Might change that to enfeeble.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 7, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Rakeris posted:

With mjolner so cheap this league I kinda want to do a build, was looking at the Templar and it looks like the heirophant could get around the volls devotion but not sure if it would be worth it.
Oh wow. Down to 36c already. Dirt poor leveler right now, but going to pick one up as soon as I can. Then figure out what to do with the stat requirements somehow.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Hauki posted:

Edit: also funman were you not around for that tabula fun last night? I won't spoil it, but cadiro had nothing to do with it.

Hauki posted:

Also I'm really curious if ggg will ruin the best tabula ever, or just keep quiet on it.
I saw that mentioned in gchat (was therer only a short time) and saw the reddit post. So what did happen with that thing?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

Just a warning to people who plan on autocasting their bone offerings: putting them into a +2 minion gems helmet will push them above the threshold for CwDT setups. Don't waste a shitload of currency planning around this like I just did. Plan around the thing giving +35% block.

Ugh, I could self-cast with faster casting and increased duration, but that's an ungodly pain in the rear end.
Also doesn't triggering a L20/21 CWDT take prohibitively too much damage to be consistent? There's no way I'd want to take 3k+ damage before defense come online.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Xequecal posted:

The other thing about ED that I'm wondering is if the leech available from several Ascendancy classes actually works with damage over time. AFAIK no other source of leech up to this point works with damage over time, (the Life Leech gem certainly doesn't) but I'm wondering if stuff like Scion/Berserker actually does. It just says "damage."
I doubt it. Life Leech also just says "damage".

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Elerion posted:

4. If nothing else, take these two tips to heart: First, your main objective in the passive tree is to get +life. You should normally get every node in sight. Second, don't use any orbs except Transmutation and Augmentation unless you know what you're doing.
I'd say chromes are generally fine to use as well. Though keep in mind that colors are weighted by item attribute requirements.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Huh. That's such a QOL thing. Wish they would give something like 255 to everyone for free. Wonder how long before they hit the sale rotation.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Mortimer posted:

then I'd say you're either insane or not reading it right because EE doesn't trigger off minion/totem hits
EE does trigger off totems.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
30c lesson - don't run Vinktar's Square as a melee range character (possible exception: "ranged" melee like earthquake/ground slam?) if you have poo poo internet or you will get orbital lasered to death while you lag.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 26, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
That sounds hilarious. Use sunder instead of groundslam for n^2 hits though.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

bakka bakka posted:

it really is. I have no idea why you'd take a 6L Exquisite Blade and turn it into this.
Really expensive skin. That you can't put on anything good either?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
2.2.2b Notes

quote:

Fixed a bug where Perandus chest bosses could be deleted prior to their death.
I think this actually bit me - had one of the rare bosses spawn, waited to bring in some of you guys, but he had disappeared by the time evreyone was in. Think its the last one I need now too.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

The March Hare posted:

Does anyone still need Perandus Manor? I'm thinking of buying one and would be down to split it if anyone wants to buy a portal.
I'm sure there is interest (of which I am amoungst)

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Looks like no changes to Occulist, buffs to Necromancer (basically free purity and minor haste with auras, slightly more effect attached to offerings).

That 20% cull on slayer is weird - "kill enemies with 20% life or lower when hit", so it seems like its a counterattack thing (that you can't like increased rarity too).

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

It's the same wording as the one on the Culling Strike gem, so it's basically just super culling strike.

The new Reaver is very weird, but also very cool. Is super culling strike appreciably different from "20% more damage" aside from leech and reflect? Combined with the 20% more damage from Headsman, it could get pretty silly. And then the 20% area radius plus the 20% from getting Impact :stare:

Juggernaut Trypanon Cyclone COC Discharge? With Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium plus lightning damage and a Warlord's Mark aura?
Huh, never noticed that wording on culling strike. That is a weird way to phrase it.

As for the CoC Discharge on Juggernaut hype - how do you can sustain endurance charges on bosses? Sure you get full charges, but you need to be able to generate that first charge. Enduring cry every 0.75 seconds won't cut it. And all the other endurance charge generations are either on getting hit, killing (Daresso Defiance), or endurance charge on melee stun (which you will not be getting much of). Am I missing anything?

Though...
If that works with the 20% chance to generate on hit, that might work.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 26, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Aww man. That looks fun...but probably is not worth giving up a ES chest piece for my planned CI character I think.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Count Uvula posted:

I think their issue with VS in particular is that it covers an area that's like 5 screens wide with enough damage to kill pretty much anything. If they had a Vaal skill that was sustainable without being a ridiculously fast clear, they'd probably leave it alone (i.e. if someone actually used vaal spectral throw in a five or six link)
Which is contrary. Any vaal skill that somehow ends up sustainable will be fast clearing by requirement, no matter its inherent power level, simply because of the need to kill X dudes within the duration (whether 90+ for the expensive powerful duration ones like VS/VMS or 24 in one shot for the single shot ones like VFA/VST).

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Well, there's another option other than scolds for coc discharge juggernauts now.

Also seems a reasonable 2-hander at high rolls.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 31, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Challenges I do not like:
200 shrines (I actually am not sure how many shrines I run into, could be fine - the rest of this challenge looks OK)
Endgame grind (Ambrius at 0.5ex a pop ~ 10 ex, less if twinned, but that takes rolling, Atziri at 8c a pop ~ 13ex, and those prices will be higher due to demand)
Maps from bosses (20% = 1500 maps needed)

Never was getting 40 anyway, so that leaves slack for 1.

Hmm...also depending on how much Atziri is in demand, might make it worth farming fragments.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 31, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Planning my first ES based character - how much ES should I be looking for on the different armor pieces?

e.g. 800+ on chestpiece is top end, but what's considered "good enoughish" for all the slots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

LMAO - goddess unleashed guy really got screwed on his unique item.

• Locked thread