Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?
Been playing a lot lately, so the patch will be a welcome breath of fresh air. Crit EK this coming league will be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

panda clue posted:

you know, so he wouldn't ever have to log in.

Nah, he needs to email support again to get an auto purge feature too.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
but zeno was a COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
every loving launch

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Jusupov posted:

Is there a list on where to find the warband exiles for the challenge? I'm at 9/18

The ones I've found were scout, warbands prophecy, one unique chest, beacon and overgrown ruin probably. Must be something else too

Renegade Warband Leaders - Overgrown Ruin
Redblade Warband Leaders - Beacon
Mutewind Warband Leaders - Sulphur Wastes
Brinerot Warband Leaders - Shipyard

It's not set on which leader spawns though, you may have to run several maps.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Warband - list of the warbands and the leader names.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Ultima66 posted:

It's a joke easter egg that comes up occasionally from having Insanity items.

It was also the difficulty between Cruel and Merciless before act 3 came out.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Jusupov posted:

Rather have another tiny monkey. 102 atlas completion and managed to get 1 out of the 4 special essences.

I finished my 36 a few days ago and only hit 2 of the 4 corrupted essences. Probably used up 100ish essences of corruption, got hysteria 6 times and delirium a few times as well. 75% of the time the monsters would just release instantly. The portal is meh, but I'd rather have a portal effect than a pet. Perandus Portal still the best challenge award by a long shot.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Cinara posted:

HoWA, Ngahamu's, The Surrender and United in Dream all created new builds around them. With Xoph's Blood, Choir of the Storm, and all of the other Chayula drops being just solid useful items. I'd hate to see all of these be effectively lost like the Rigwald uniques were.

Ngahamu's isn't a breach unique.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
PT calling GGG a 'corporate mess' is loving gold.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Vasudus posted:

So after playing around with my EA Jugg (which is incredibly fun, holy poo poo) I've decided on running a Caustic Arrow Occultist next league.

http://poeurl.com/0Si is the build I've worked out. It gets something obscene like 300% ES (+15% more) and all the chaos damage nodes. Going to run a Soul Strike / Wicked Ward setup, of course.

Am I missing anything? I know CA is really easy to build for but...goddamn. There's not fuckall to do but snatch ES nodes and the various Chaos hubs.

Maybe take the Atrophy branch by CI over the corruption branch? CA is fine, but I would be weary to run it if you're looking to do ALL the end game content at the very start of the league. Ever since the nerf it's had a hard time doing Uber level content, and Shaper/Guardians have a poo poo ton of HP. Would most likely be a LOT of dodging and waiting.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

drat, there's now a gigantic thread discussing second video of PT. :allears:

This poo poo is hilarious. PT saying the game is too easy.... check the dude's profile/challenges; he has done literally no difficult content for like the past 3 leagues. Maybe you should try the actual end game content before bitching about the game being too easy?

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

devilmouse posted:

I have 1 challenge left to 36... Anyone want to bet if, on average, it's going to be cheaper to corrupt 3 remaining jewels or find 7 coffers (or pay for them)? I skipped endgame grind, map tiers, div cards, and one of these two.

Jewels will probably be cheaper, if you only need 3 more. I spent probably 350c to get the coffers challenge. I mean you could get lucky doing either of these, but I like the odds of hitting 3 jewels better than 7 coffers.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Spells never miss, right? Because I tried again to play my KotF guy this morning before work and oh my god missing two or three barrages in a row just sucks so much rear end in a top hat.

Spells cannot miss, but barrage is not a spell.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

yum posted:

Shaping your atlas is pretty much essential if your goal is to make currency/gain exp.

This is 100% not true. I made a boatload of currency without running the same map all season. If you want to optimize your exp or whatever, then yeah, go for it. But customizing your atlas is in no way required to make currency.

Also, life is still fine. It's not as powerful as ES at the moment, but I've done all the guardians as life with no deaths. I haven't tried Shaper this season (did him last season with life based Grandpa totems).

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

RosaParksOfDip posted:

How hard is it to run Uber lab anyway? I've got like 3 characters that need it and soon to be a fourth and I've just not bothered cause it sounds like a lot of effort and my main blocker for running stuff is developing a red map pool(and completing more of the Atlas so I can sustain it). Hell, that's why I roll new characters. I just get bored of doing the map/Atlas homework.

Also, if you don't want a carry, try to run Uber Lab on a day when Izaro is using a two handed mace. If he is wielding dual swords he has this bullshit slash attack that can one shot you even when you can't see him (It hits SO HARD in uber lab). The two hand mace slam attack is much easier to see, so you can avoid more 'bullshit' one shots.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

Okay, here's my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DawnOfMinstrel/characters

The character I'm running is LetterheadShark. I'm following this build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1775001

Don't mind the gems too much. I'm still just messing about with different skills.

Lot's of small improvements could be made for minimal cost. You seem to have a lot of stat rolls on your gear which is probably unnecessary now that you are higher level. The helmet is total garbage, buy one with life and res. Lose the lori's lantern, upgrade your ammy and again, find a ring with res and life. With these two items upgraded you can probably switch to dual wielding wands and significantly increase your damage output. Your chest could also use an upgrade, as the 38 total res and 15 life is about as low as you can get. Boots are an easy upgrade too. Each of these upgrades should cost less than a chaos at this point in the league. If you need help using poe.trade let the thread know, as it is extremely easy to find upgrades for the gear you currently have.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

TheRat posted:

Grath was a kitten. I believe you're thinking of Ossecati.

I think you meant /Oosecatti

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

panda clue posted:

Please, I already have to deal with the aggressively unfunny Joe Duncan comics on reddit

Men in Black references are hilarious 100% of the time too.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

theshim posted:

while we're posting old favorites I still have to give some love to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiYHj1ktHw

Darkshrine ghostbusting was the greatest thing. I hope there is a mod for domination stones that adds a darkshrine to a zone.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
All I know is that I need a character equipped exclusively with Foil Uniques.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

panda clue posted:

With Legacy BoR, Facebreaker, Aegis, Meginord, Rainbowstride, and Anvil, you're already almost there with an actually good build! Just MTX the rings, and wear a Legacy Kaoms for style points :getin:.

Who says I'll actually be playing the game? I just need to get to merc and stand in the Sarn Encampment so people can check out my huge wang.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

panda clue posted:

You don't even need to install the game for that; people will admire your huge wang if you just go into the goon discord and pretend you know everything. It's a no-brainer.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
Hey guys, remember the challenges where you had to have like 500ex in uniques that you had to keep on your account before poe.trade existed? Good times.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
RIP downsides on uniques.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

how the gently caress does he have 35 aps?

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Esoteric Scientist posted:

didn't expect to get my atziri's disfavour so early in the league :woop:

I went super hard the first 3 days of the league and already have a 6 link disfavour :smugdog:

It's crazy how fun this league is though. I went slayer cyclone so I can clear super fast, though really strong bosses are still a problem.

4 reliquary chests (3 bought 1 found) and all bad items. Oh well, at least the foil looks cool.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Dat flameblast radius. And I thought they nerfed AoE /s

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

funmanguy posted:

Nah.

Also I'm gathering gear for my Alkaizer impersonation build. Picked up the surrender, abysses, voice of the storm, nice essence of horror 6L. Now all I need is to upgrade my red dream to nightmare and pickup deaths door.

Oh and atziris acuity. Should be no problem.

I, too, have a lot of currency.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

Why is Champion so good?
Here's why:
Inspirational
You and nearby Allies deal 35% increased Damage

You deal 35% increased damage - this increases my personal damage, which increases my totem damage
Nearby Allies deal 35% increased damage - Okay, so since totems are considered allies, this is now double-dipping on to them. They're getting the 35% applied to me and the additional 35% applied to them.

Pretty sure it doesn't work like this. Totems can't benefit from offensive auras, only defensive ones (inspirational is an aura).

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

LeninVS posted:

Picked up a headhunter on my starforge cyclone raider.
Wondering how I can best use this thing?

Was thinking of making a new character that could make better use of it.

How do you save up 80 ex for 1 item and not know what to do with it? If you want to brag just post a picture or something.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Valle posted:

According to my /played on characters this league I've got...huh, deduct a huge bunch of afk....and I've still got over 500 hours played. Welp! Anyway, I found two reliquary keys in the first 100 of those, and nothing since. It's like it was removed from the drop table for my account. I have at least found 6 (or is it 7?) ex in that time.

Wait, so you deduct a bunch of afk time and are STILL at over 500 hours played? And only 2 keys/7ex? Are you constantly rerolling? This does not seem right. 500 hours is a poo poo ton of actual playtime for the average joe. My league starting character is ~200 hrs and I've found more than that on just that guy (that is basically 0 afk time).

Also, if you are playing HoWA, 100% invest in a pen Vinktar.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Fixit posted:

Why though? More speed? Speed is fun :D

Raider goes plenty fast, if that is what you care about. Probably much cheaper to get going too.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
Slayer for me, always go back to it when meleeing.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Genuine question: how many times have they added 3D art to an item that will only be acquirable for a single league without implementing a way to obtain that item through some means in standard or whatever?

Also I'm still buying howa poo poo, so sell me your howa poo poo goons(also lacerate/melee stuff on standard )

So you haven't just gone to poe.trade to buy gear over the last week since the last time you asked? Why do you have to buy gear from goons?

Vasudus posted:

Never, everything that gets 3d art added ends up being a divinity card reward or baked in. GGG doesn't waste like that.

Nah, there were a bunch of race rewards that got 3D art way after the rewards were given.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Moddington posted:

I'm pretty sure Legacy is the filler league. A few days downtime between leagues is normal, just spend the time theorycrafting builds and reading patch notes so you're ready when the next one launches.

But Legacy is supposed to end May 29. That is more than a few days.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

panda clue posted:

e: eh gently caress it

To be fair he didn't put me on ignore, but every time I asked him if he was gonna hit me back I was met with a 'yeah later' until I just gave up. Cool dude tho.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
There are always unexplored ways to do endgame content. There are so many skills/items in this game, sometimes people just forget about them.

Mathil just did uber atziri with freezing pulse. Void battery was like 50c last week, now its like 130c (and this is late in a league). This happens from time to time with other rarer uniques that aren't 'meta.' I did uber week 1 with a phys/hatred cyclone build this league. Endgame will still be infinitely doable, it will just take some gearing/time.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

I found a Sire of Shards last night, is there anything cool I can do with this or does the nova passive kinda gently caress things up? I kinda thought about trying to do the frostbolt ignite build with it and 2 Frozen Trails for a bunch of easy clear power but I'm also a little worried that the ignites would be too weak without Doryani's Catalyst.

I did a Shire of Shards CoC build for a while (Frost Bolt, Magma Orb, Ball Lightning).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thesomberlain/characters

It was probably the most fun I had this league. Bad for top tier bosses, but just annihilates everything else.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004

Lechtansi posted:

Once you hit level 90 or so and finalize your tree, the game basically becomes grinding endlessly, hoping for drops. I do miss the alternate ways that D3 lets you get end game loot, with gambling with blood shards and upgrading rares to uniques. It always felt like you were gaining ground even if you didn't find a good drop for an entire play session. POE doesn't have that, you might just be SOL at the end of the day.

You are getting currency and can still set goals for yourself in poe. Unless you're playing SSF it's not like you just have to hope for a random Shav's drop or something. Seeing that currency stack up does feel like gaining ground too, kinda like saving up for a car or something.

The main difference imo is that you can get better stuff far more quickly in D3 (essentially targeting legendaries through the cube).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I always tell my friends that if PoE felt like D3 in combat I would probably not have a job anymore.

• Locked thread