Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Another Person posted:

same

the people i miss list is bigger than the people i like list

i miss cesaro

i miss cesaro too and also rybaxel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I'm sure all the bad parts of RAW, are Vince and Kevin Dunn's fault, and all the good parts belong to HHH, who does not actually book NXT.

The multiple show opening speeches by Triple H which highlight how cool he is are not written by Triple H, but by Vince, and they reflect just how cool and strong Vince thinks he is.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DynamiteKidd posted:

I have this thing with lying because I hate it and it's wrong so I'm really upset every drat time I hear about how powerful Roman is when he just recently added a single power move that he can't do all that well to his repertoire

Cole referred to it as a one armed powerbomb as Roman was assisting the lift with his other hand

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Man, tater tots, I can't even remember what else happened this epi

oh right

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MotU posted:

i miss batista

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
"Tater Tot" was real dumb but chanted it so idk.

I actually thought RAW wasn't half bad.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
twerk on my tots

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Erebus posted:

Man, tater tots, I can't even remember what else happened this epi

oh right

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Me too, but genuinely, and HHH is the sole writer for NXT.

Stephen Guerrieri (who oddly used to write for the Food Network and Rachel Ray) is the NXT writer now, replacing Ryan Ward. By all accounts, HHH is NXT's Vince, he reviews everything before it's filmed...but unlike Vince, he actually trusts what the people under him are doing and makes very few changes.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Who books NXT?

E:asked and answered

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

i miss batista

Same, but I also love that he knew he was better than this poo poo and got the gently caress out while he could

It's why I'll always love Shane just taking all his money out and getting the gently caress out of dodge, including exiting the country

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

TheRico posted:

"Tater Tot" was real dumb but chanted it so idk.

I actually thought RAW wasn't half bad.

It had its ups and its downs. The ups were as high as a medium-sized hill, and the downs were deeper than the deepest point in the ocean.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Roman doesn't have the body of Luger or the coolness of Nash so he's not even the modern version of those failures.

He's the new Billy Gunn

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How many times did Roman Reigns say "tater tots?"

I am genuinely curious, plus I want to drive the person who has to count it insane by rewatching it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They should hire Jim Cornette, have him write a script/booking sheet for NXT and then have HHH tear it up in front of him every single week. Put it on YouTube.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Codependent Poster posted:

How many times did Roman Reigns say "tater tots?"

I am genuinely curious, plus I want to drive the person who has to count it insane by rewatching it.

Five? Six?

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
I think there's gonna be some growing pains. They need to essentially groom a new crop of stars fast. I mean yes, they should have done this much much sooner but now they have to do it.

Maybe i'm being a dumb optimist but I can see the product being much better towards Wrestlemania and going forward from there.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I am completely drained by that last segment, it's like I lived 100 years in the course of one night

yes, it was harrowing

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The multiple show opening speeches by Triple H which highlight how cool he is are not written by Triple H, but by Vince, and they reflect just how cool and strong Vince thinks he is.

How many times do we have to have this (rather stupid) discussion? HHH being a mark for himself is indisputable and bad, but is nowhere near as bad as a lot of Vince's issues. It's a pick your poison type scenario. Also HHH promos>Vince-scripted Reigns and Cena and everything else promos.

The #1 difference between Vince and HHH is that HHH, by most accounts, trusts people to do their own jobs.

Martinpale posted:

Stephen Guerrieri (who oddly used to write for the Food Network and Rachel Ray) is the NXT writer now, replacing Ryan Ward. By all accounts, HHH is NXT's Vince, he reviews everything before it's filmed...but unlike Vince, he actually trusts what the people under him are doing and makes very few changes.

Yeah this. The problem with WWE is that it's like a movie that's directed, produced, written, casted, marketed, shot, edited, and everything else except starring a single man, who is old and senile and stubborn as gently caress.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MotU posted:

i miss batista

I finally got around to seeing Spectre with my Pops tonight. Batista owns.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If you didn't watch Breaking Ground you missed wrestlers in a haunted house piledriving ghosts and Baron Corbin being super weird and super boring all at the same time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Also Eva Marie viciously stomped her foot into Carmella's skull and had to wipe off brain matter.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah this. The problem with WWE is that it's like a movie that's directed, produced, written, casted, marketed, shot, edited, and everything else except starring a single man, who is old and senile and stubborn as gently caress.

WWE is The Room.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

Also Eva Marie viciously stomped her foot into Carmella's skull and had to wipe off brain matter.

It was gross

Delsaber posted:

WWE is The Room.

Dear God. :aaaaa:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Delsaber posted:

WWE is The Room.

The Room was good.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How many times do we have to have this (rather stupid) discussion? HHH being a mark for himself is indisputable and bad, but is nowhere near as bad as a lot of Vince's issues. It's a pick your poison type scenario. Also HHH promos>Vince-scripted Reigns and Cena and everything else promos.

The #1 difference between Vince and HHH is that HHH, by most accounts, trusts people to do their own jobs.

Vince rules.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Benne posted:

He's the new Billy Gunn

And his promos are like the Rock burying Billy Gunn. It's a snake eating its tail.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
It's okay, Vince will stop booking WWE after next November when Trump wins with Vince as his vice president.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Roman is the Johnny of WWE because everyone tells you how wonderful he is and even though he gets screwed over a lot he's not sympathetic

Also he struggles to speak English and everyone pretends not to notice

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
First beer almost finished.
The long road to forgetting tonight's show begins now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

You cannot say this unless you love the current writing and booking.

If you do, however, then more power to you and I want some of your stash.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

DynamiteKidd posted:

Roman is the Johnny of WWE because everyone tells you how wonderful he is and even though he gets screwed over a lot he's not sympathetic

Also he struggles to speak English and everyone pretends not to notice

I thought Johnny was the funny jobber who shits himself in all the games though.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Gavok posted:

And his promos are like the Rock burying Billy Gunn. It's a snake eating its tail.

Vince wins, we have compared Roman's promos to the Rock's

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

New Sharif in Town posted:

First beer almost finished.
The long road to forgetting tonight's show begins now.

And so does the road...

to WRESTLEmania!

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Shima Honnou posted:

I thought Johnny was the funny jobber who shits himself in all the games though.

We were talking about the Room, I should have clarified by quoting that post

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The big problem is when people suggest HHH is fixing everything

Nothing's gonna get fixed. People will still be mistreated, writing will still be horrible, just because a different guy will be in charge won't mean 3 hours magically doesn't feel as drawn out, he'll still give himself a big onscreen role. The big problems will still be there, the not-so-big problems (who loves Reigns? HHH. who loves Sheamus? HHH) will still be there, and NXT and WWE will remain two completely separate things (he even pointed that out himself because one's viewed by a niche audience, the other by mainstream)

Just because it won't be as major poo poo doesn't mean it'll suddenly not be poo poo. Don't call anybody the savior here because this isn't a fairytale, there isn't going to be a completely happy ending. TNA will still be around and WWE's major problems will be untouched

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You cannot say this unless you love the current writing and booking.

If you do, however, then more power to you and I want some of your stash.

I do and have been outspoken about this.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Fart

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I do and have been outspoken about this.

I love you buddy but I think you need to seek help.

(I think some other people are too far in the other direction tbh though. The truth is in the middle folks.)

Anyway I'm done discussing this bullshit for the night personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So what is the card for TLC?

Wyatts vs ECW: Table Elimination Match
Charlotte vs Paige : Divas Championship Match
ADR vs Swagger: Chairs Match (assumed)
Owens vs Ambrose: Intercontinental Title Match
New Day vs Usos vs Lucha Dragons: Ladder Match for Tag Titles
Roman vs Sheamus: TLC Match for WWE WHC

Am I missing anything? It'll probably be another good card with bad writing.

• Locked thread