Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
the greatest moment of the show was Xavier Woods screaming at the announce team for mixing up the Lucha Dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

the greatest moment of the show was Xavier Woods screaming at the announce team for mixing up the Lucha Dragons.

Several times, if I remember correctly.

Also Xavier talking about the new day resting out there to restore their stamina like WWE 2K16

Eldritch BiLast fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 14, 2015

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's not like it was battleground or something

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
where's kane

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

(John Cena)

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
Three matches were great, with the tag match being even better than expected. Three matches were meh, with the Wyatts being a little better than my very low expectations. Sheamus/Reigns was slow paced, boring, and bad, with a couple sweet high spots - a basic C, C+ PPV. That ending though, that really put it over for me. If they don't mess it up by giving Reigns another garbage promo tonight, TLC goes down as one of the better shows of the year.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

doo doo doo doooooooo

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

mclast posted:

Three matches were great, with the tag match being even better than expected. Three matches were meh, with the Wyatts being a little better than my very low expectations. Sheamus/Reigns was slow paced, boring, and bad, with a couple sweet high spots - a basic C, C+ PPV. That ending though, that really put it over for me. If they don't mess it up by giving Reigns another garbage promo tonight, TLC goes down as one of the better shows of the year.

Sheamus/Reigns would have been so much better if we didn't see six guys murder themselves in a ladder match to open the show. Also, I thought TLC matches were pinfall? When did they start adding a ladder stip to them.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Akileese posted:

Sheamus/Reigns would have been so much better if we didn't see six guys murder themselves in a ladder match to open the show. Also, I thought TLC matches were pinfall? When did they start adding a ladder stip to them.

TLC matches are only pinfall when there isn't a belt to grab. The only one I remember with a pinfall stip was Shield vs. Hell No & Ryback.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I only remember one tlc match being decided by pinfall and I remember it so vaguely it may have been a dream

E: a good dream apparently

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zakharov posted:

doo doo doo doooooooo

Go watch Daddy's Home with Ferrell and Wahlberg, the twist is amazing

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Akileese posted:

It definitely played better on TV than it did live. At the arena the crowd popped for a high spot, then settled back down for another 3 minutes until the next high spot.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

uhh can we talk about what's going on in the bottom of this poster

are those supposed to be... statues? because they look like untextured poser models

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Looks like Vacant makes his triumphant return to win the Rumble

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Oh hey guys the Slammys are next week.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I wish they still backstage skits of wrestlers drawing their number. Those were usually entertaining.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

are those supposed to be... statues? because they look like untextured poser models

It's saying that John Cena is the only real man there

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I think the segment with Becky last night most clearly revealed what they are going for - Ric Flair is a bad influence on his daughter. She's a face being encouraged to cheat by the biggest influence in her life and he's convinced her that it is just doing what it takes to win. It was just poorly executed because Charlotte didn't show any ambivalence about all the dirty tricks in the ring when the angle started.

I hope Becky doesn't remain just dumb or naive rather than principled or loyal to a fault.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

JOHN CENA (and a bunch of ultra-generic humanoids the size of ants)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

I hope Becky doesn't remain just dumb or naive rather than principled or loyal to a fault.
She'll be a heel by the Rumble

e: and a face by Fast Lane ZOOOOM

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It was cool that there were two women's matches on the card last night. I personally thought Becky vs Sasha was more entertaining than Paige vs Charlotte.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

As a designer, I find that typography in the Royal Rumble wordmark to be bloody atrocious.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

abraham linksys posted:

They look like those grey dudes from Power Rangers

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I think the thing hurting the divas the most is lack of a female road agent/producer and pratice rings to work out matches, or the fact that both matches had to have interference finishes and all the divas are booked terribly

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

fart blood posted:

As a designer, I find that typography in the Royal Rumble wordmark to be bloody atrocious.

Same, and everyone in the chat I was in last night loved it. There is so much wrong with it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I finally got around to watching Trainwreck and I got to see John Cena's entire rear end.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

NXT Champion Finn Balor recently appeared on Sam Roberts’ Wrestling Podcast, here are the highlights…

On a Possible Main Roster Move: “I really believe that what we’re doing here in the [WWE] Performance Center [and] what we’re doing with NXT is something that’s going to be remembered for years. I feel like to get quote, unquote called up to the main roster would be, maybe, like a step back for my career right [now]. Obviously, instant gratification, you get called up to the main roster, that’s great, but I think what we’re doing here in NXT will stand longer in history as kind of like a revolutionary period and to kind of pull myself out of that would be detrimental to my career in the long term.”

I'm sad there wasn't a camera on his face the moment he was asked how he thought things would go if he were called up anytime soon.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I only remember one tlc match being decided by pinfall and I remember it so vaguely it may have been a dream

E: a good dream apparently

When Punk/Ryback was canceled due to Punk's injury, that 6 man tag with the Shield was decided by a pinfall.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

fart blood posted:

RoYAL

R-U-M-B-L-E

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fart blood posted:

Would you say it is a bloody fart?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

No Luck Needed posted:

I think the thing hurting the divas the most is lack of a female road agent/producer and pratice rings to work out matches, or the fact that both matches had to have interference finishes and all the divas are booked terribly

Sara Del Rey has been on the road with WWE since Wrestlemania.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm sad there wasn't a camera on his face the moment he was asked how he thought things would go if he were called up anytime soon.

Sam usually has a camera setup and posts the video on YouTube 2-3 weeks later.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So first Roman was a strong, silent, and charismatic heel who had a minor face run with the Shield
Then he had a John Cena persona
Then he was a smartass Rock vibe
Then they played around with a Daniel Bryan screwed over baby face
Now he is a Stone Cold-lite anti-hero?

What next? A smartass anti-hero like CM Punk?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wonder what bryan's been up to

#IAmGratefulGrapefruit

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
It's weird seeing a wrestler twitter/instagram where nobody is telling them to violate their rear end in a top hat.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sigma posted:

So first Roman was a strong, silent, and charismatic heel who had a minor face run with the Shield
Then he had a John Cena persona
Then he was a smartass Rock vibe
Then they played around with a Daniel Bryan screwed over baby face
Now he is a Stone Cold-lite anti-hero?

What next? A smartass anti-hero like CM Punk?

They're doing what they should assuming they stick to it (they won't).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Roman should come out tonight and spear Michael Cole, and wear Jimmy John's stuff. He should always be cosplaying as the person they are trying to get you to cheer by proxy.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

hell, i already expect him to be given another magic beans/tater tots level line tonight to say to triple h after beating the poo poo out of him and for him to still be spineless or powerless enough to not say no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

possibly roman reigns has bad taste and thinks these lines are good? who knows

• Locked thread