Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ys please!
                                                    /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

COD jumps timeframes fairly often

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Ys please!
                                                    /

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

I think its funny that so many Japanese companies do this with their franchises. It's like if CoD4 was a Napoleonic war game, but then MW2 was still the next sequel
CoD 5 was back to WWII and then MW2, then Black Ops went to the 60's and then MW3

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

CoD 5 was back to WWII and then MW2, then Black Ops went to the 60's and then MW3

*nods while farting*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Holy crap, this channel is godlike. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7eke4JGlbtc11_6mmA7ew

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here's the SNES version of my favorite Oath in Felghana track... I hated it as a kid but I love the Felghana one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZX9Hv0lrj8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my goodness!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

IDK man maybe its just weird to me that there's been like 25 years of Final Fantasy games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ys 3 was the closest I came to beating a game as a kid, but I had a lovely save at some point on the last dungeon within like the last few screens and I just couldn't overcome it so I gave up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that they've been making Ys games for like 30 years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anyways sorry for hijacking your bad thread OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It was also the first game I found a kind of cheat for, since the buttons repeated inputs if they were held down I stood Adol on top of a rock hill in the first cave and taped down up + attack and left it overnight and the birds would fly into the sword and die and I would be max level in the morning. But the game still gets insanely tough later even with all the equipment and stuff, at least for a 10 year old or whatever I was.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Anyways sorry for hijacking your bad thread OP.

Bad threads deserve to be hijacked, in my humble opinion.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I was about 6-7 I had a friend who had an insane amount of SNES games, I played Ys III at his house a couple of times and I found it really hard. When I played Oath in Felghana I was impressed at how much I remembered the layout of the first dungeon even with the transfer to 3D

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The same friend sparked my love of RPGs by letting me borrow FF1 with the Nintendo Power strategy guide

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys games are pretty tough. The final boss in Oath is a real hard rear end and I didn't play on even the remotely highest difficulty setting.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the only SNES games i remember playing are Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and Mario RPG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing Origin and it's pretty cool. Idk if I like the idea of just one tower, but they've managed to make the different areas have unique art design

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This channel has a bunch of Ys III songs that sound like Ultravox songs... So epic...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao... FTW... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBh3kMiRw9w

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

When I was about 6-7 I had a friend who had an insane amount of SNES games, I played Ys III at his house a couple of times and I found it really hard. When I played Oath in Felghana I was impressed at how much I remembered the layout of the first dungeon even with the transfer to 3D

thats cool

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I have Ys 7, Oath, and Celceta on my Vita, thanks for reminding me OP. I should play 7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5 and 7 are PSP games right? Are they on the PSN store for Vita?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Ys 7 is psp and in the store, yeah. Not sure about 5, I don't think it's on the store, if it was a psp game

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

OP should play Xenoblade Chronicles X recently released by Nintendo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

OP should play Xenoblade Chronicles X recently released by Nintendo

i think the op doesnt want to buy new games, having bought 10 lovely bundles 3 years ago and playing nothing in any of them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

5 was originally on SNES and then they remade it for PS2 but both versions only came out in Japan

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

7 is cool because you have two additional party members you can switch between at any time. The AI controls the two you're not using

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*mentally adds Ys 7 to my holiday travel list*

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Gigante posted:

The same friend sparked my love of RPGs by letting me borrow FF1 with the Nintendo Power strategy guide

FF1 was pure magic to me as a kid, my brother and I would get out the Nintendo Power guide and that giant poster-sized monster chart and just camp out in front of the TV for hours. We were real careful not to read ahead in the guide so whenever we got to those parts where big new chunks of the world are opened up, like when the dwarfs blast the canal for your boat or you get the airship, we were just amazed by how big the game was.

Anyway this has nothing to do with the OP, maybe it will help somehow though, best of luck to you fellow gamer

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Larry Parrish posted:

IDK man maybe its just weird to me that there's been like 25 years of Final Fantasy games

Each installment is self contained for the most part. I think X was the first to have a direct sequel, VII had a bunch of spinoffs, XII had a GBA sequel and shares the sender setting as Tactics (I think), and XIII is the only one that's had multiple sequels. Either IV or V has a sequel as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IV had a sequel where it was revealed every FF game takes place on its own planet and the bad guy in the FFIV sequel took control of their orbits and slammed all of them together to destroy all the past present and futures of every FF game made to that point.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

IV had a sequel where it was revealed every FF game takes place on its own planet and the bad guy in the FFIV sequel took control of their orbits and slammed all of them together to destroy all the past present and futures of every FF game made to that point.

owned

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

So you're saying... nothing that the Light Warriors did even mattered in the end? Dammit! My childhood, wasted away like so many level 1imps...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

According to the Ultimania books the descendants of Shinra from FFX-2 travel to another planet and found the Shinra company from FFVII

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Wormskull posted:

Bastion is AIDS out of a donkey's rear end.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
if you don't care for setting story or deep throated narrator bastion is just baby diablo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you ignore everything that makes a game different from another game, it's just like that other game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The op needs to come back and tell us how Total Extreme Wrestling is before I get rowdy.

• Locked thread