Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Wow mate, how many great LPs can you hit me with at once? I absolutely adore this game. Batman is my second favorite superhero of all time, right under his protege Nightwing. When it comes to Bats, I've seen quite a bit. Animated series, comics, graphic novels, films. I will never say I know it all, but I know quite a bit.

One thing that I always wanted to see was an alternate take where one of the guards has itchy trigger finger and just shoots the bastard when he says "Boo!" Would've been great. One of you, I think it was Heave, asked about researching Joker toxin. Batman has. He's got a cure for it whenever it shows up, but Joker also changes the formula and upgrades it a lot since he knows Batman is capable of that. So generally one person (or a lot depending on the writer) will go down to the toxin and then Batman will be able to save everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

RickVoid posted:

The Flash is essentially DC Jesus.

Are you familiar with Clark Kent?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Mr. Freeze and Nora

I came here to see Batman punch crotches, hang people from Gargoyles, and bitch about Robin. I did not come here to cry.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Get used to TItan fights, new viewers, it's not gonna stop any time soon. Also get used to terrible boss fights. For all of the amazing things this series does, bosses are not one of them. The Chronicles of Arkham would've made for a WAY better book series than Narnia. Bat Jesus has got to be a better idea than Lion Jesus. The predator mechanic is the first time the game absolutely blew me away. I love the way the game subtly changes the way the mooks act based on their heart rate and the way you've moved around the room. The best part is once you've got one guy left and you just gently caress with him to take his heart rate all the way to terrified. You can string guys up, throw batarangs at the area around him, do other stuff with later gadgets, and basically do everything short of make the guy piss his pants. It's really a drat shame that The Riddler was such a great idea in this game, because then they couldn't help but to hammer it into the sequels regardless of whether it'd be good or not. I mean riddles are fun, but 4 games of it? Sheesh.

Shout out to the wrestling reference!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That room with all the TVs is something I completely missed out on in my first playthrough. I went in there the first time, but I never considered revisiting it. As it turns out, and I'm sure we'll see it so I won't spoil any of the dialogue, you're meant to revisit that room several times during the story. In a game full (and I do mean FULL) of Easter Eggs, I thought that was one of the best ones.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel like First Class was neglected in that discussion and that is just criminal.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I love the slight screen tilt that happens when you're under Scarecrow toxin. You guys laughed, but I still think it's one of the best sequences in the series.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm actually okay with blaming Tim Drake for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I get your wrestling references, Heave :(

• Locked thread