Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
I remember reading an article by, I think is was, Grant Morrison talking about how it was important to establish that while Gotham was a crime infested hellhole it also had a lot of reasons for people to stay and try and make a living despite the regular threat of super criminal attacks. In the Arkham setting it seems Gotham is the fitness and nutrition capital of the world given how ripped even its 70 year old police commissioners are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Whenever Batman accidentally kills someone while violently violating their civil rights does he just make the corpse disappear or does he frame one of his rogues gallery?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Actually that's the Flash's supervillains.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Rogues_Gallery

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Mr. Freeze goes to Arkham because they have the facilities to store him even though he's sane. I don't know if there are other sane criminals who also go to Arkham because they have more funding, but it is established that Arkham gets all the money, presumably because they want to keep to keep the Joker locked up.

Also I am very sad the default name of the male PC in Fallout 4 isn't Victor.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Does Batman's no killing policy stop him from doing things like gouging out eyes and breaking spines? What exactly is the limit of his "I'm better than you because there's one thing I won't do" policy?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Does he have spines for toes?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Batman has maxed out GMP and an S++ support staff.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Riddler Challenge difficulty is like an unreliable narrator. If it's too easy then its deliberate so that Riddler can mock Batman for needing something to be so simple. And if the challenge is an uninspired time wasting collectethon that adds nothing to the game it's actually because the Riddler is desperate and just want to kill Batman.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

My favorite aspect of his character is that he's psychologically compelled to leave riddles and clues. He doesn't want to, he can't help it, he's insane. So it drives me batty when writers just have him cheat.

Perhaps cheating is part of his treatment? All those death traps are just stages on the road of recovery.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
David Hayter wrote the script for X-Men and cowrote X-Men 2. No confirmation on Keifer Sutherland's involvement in X-Men 3.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Great Joe posted:

X-Men was co-written by David Hayter, who came on late in that script's life. X-Men 2 was entirely written by Hayter and no X-Men movie that I know of that came after involved him in any way.

Thanks for clarifying. Wikipedia has a lot to answer for.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
In Arkham Asylum Living Hell he also makes a deal with a demon so that when he dies and goes to hell GWS will get to torture all of the people in Arkham who tormented him. Only, the people in Arkham are insane so they might not go to hell because they aren't responsible for their actions but GWS was a perfectly sane white collar crook before going mad so odds are he'll end up in hell all alone.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

kalonZombie posted:

I forget that Batman isn't his own contained thing sometimes, so sometimes when I read about villains who make literal deals with demons I'm like "Wow this is stupid" and then immediately remember he shares a universe with Booster Gold and Hawkgirl.

Somehow the idea of a billionaire running around dressed as a bat, beating up criminals is more realistic when he exists in a super heroic vacuum.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Chimera-gui posted:

Kane was, as I recall, a mental healthcare professional who was decidedly sadistic.

Do you mean Bob Kane? Can you elaborate because I've never heard anything about this.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Improperly secured grappling hooks are the number one cause of escape from Arkham Asylum. And I can't stress how happy I am that Bat_Mans is back.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gorilla Salad posted:

The only way to stop him is to booby trap a woman's uterus to implode!

Wasn't that one from Mark Millar? Or are exploding uteri a common thing among the grimdark set of comic writers?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gorilla Salad posted:

I always confuse the Miller/Millar pair :ughh:

If I remember correctly it was in "Nemesis" which was Millar writing a story about an evil Batman. Something about artificially inseminating the protagonist's daughter with her brother's sperm, then somehow rigging her vagina to explode and sterilize her if she got an abortion. Why does this man get paid?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'd love to hear a commentary of Scarecrow watching Inside Out.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think she eats only meat and animal products from memory, or at least in some continuities it's true. Basically a reverse Vegan.

So she's a Bosmer?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

kalonZombie posted:

Update delayed to Wednesday because I have a few last minute things I need to do before uploading it and also I'm being a huge selfish rear end in a top hat and playing Ratchet and Clank all day tomorrow.

Abusing your wealth and power for your own gratification? Batman would be proud of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The problem with Batman villains (and other characters villains) is how hard it is to differentiate them from each other. Much like how Riddler gets portrayed as a knock-off Joker there's a lot of overlap with villains motivations. How many deranged scientists/psychologists whose experiments went to far are there? What about criminals who have as much, if not more hate for Bruce Wayne than Batman? What about elite super assassins?

• Locked thread