Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC release on 12/10. I've already beaten this game on PS3 when it came out but the performance was spotty. the last two XIII PC ports were great so playing this game again with a nice framerate and resolution is going to be awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i got the platinum trophy for this . i like it a lot

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I'm playin 6 and 13 at the same time they are my first FF games and the latter seems real bad rear end though the only JRPG experience I have is xenoblade and rogue galaxy in the day so I have no point of reference. Oh and an aborted attempt at 12 at it's launch but that seemed bad. Got a cool artbook and big rear end guide out of the deal at least.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shaquin posted:

I'm playin 6 and 13 at the same time they are my first FF games and the latter seems real bad rear end though the only JRPG experience I have is xenoblade and rogue galaxy in the day so I have no point of reference

its pretty badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love XIII. It's one of my fave JRPGs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i don't much like 13 but 13-2 and lightning returns are two of my favourites . what i didnt like with 13 was how long the fights seemed to take. and then u got to, i think its called gran pulse, and it was like running face first into a big concrete wall. maybe i did something wrong and played the whole game underlevelled , but thjere was just no possible way i couldve gotten past any of the fights without going back and grinding, and it seemed like i would have had to do a lot of it too. like thats the first time ive ever come across that in an RPG.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i don't much like 13 but 13-2 and lightning returns are two of my favourites . what i didnt like with 13 was how long the fights seemed to take. and then u got to, i think its called gran pulse, and it was like running face first into a big concrete wall. maybe i did something wrong and played the whole game underlevelled , but thjere was just no possible way i couldve gotten past any of the fights without going back and grinding, and it seemed like i would have had to do a lot of it too. like thats the first time ive ever come across that in an RPG.

The gran pulse plain guys are supposed to be scary and one shot you but other enemies in the gran pulse area are perfectly fine for your level. I encountered the same thing my first time and just ran right to the next chapter in 2 minutes which worked out fine, but my second time around I did a bunch of the hunts when they're first available and I ended up beingOP for the rest of the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you can sneak up on the behemoths on gran pulse and if you juggle them fast enough they cant transform and you can kill them for real good xp when you first get there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

juggling giant monsters is so good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'll get this someday for my PS3 and complete my FFXIII series Triple Crown Plat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Staggering is a really awesome mechanic all around

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hmm.. guess its my fail, but the moment has passed now, so i probably wont go back to it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i was surprised how simple the 13-2 plat was tbh, especially after the first game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TFW you stagger the behemoth and swap to COM/COM/COM

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

and yeah the really really big guys youll still have problems killing even when you are strong enough to beat the game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My favorite part of this series is the inevitable uber Cieth Moth Boss in the endgame. Vercingetorix is one of the most memorable RPG fights ever to me

e; and the Cieth boss on the beach in 13-2 that looked like a tumor, who spawned trash mobs that got stronger each time he did it, so the longer you took to beat him the harder it got

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 8, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My PC file of XIII has like 3 hunts left before I tapered off . I should see that fight at least

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the bosses for the alternate endings in 13-2 were all real good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

My PC file of XIII has like 3 hunts left before I tapered off . I should see that fight at least

you gotta be real fast with your paradigms, it's awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The LR final boss is pretty awesome because the area right before gives you a set of the best equipment in the game so it's tuned for really powerful stuff and feels like an endgame boss in a usual game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My favorite part of this series is the inevitable uber Cieth Moth Boss in the endgame. Vercingetorix is one of the most memorable RPG fights ever to me

e; and the Cieth boss on the beach in 13-2 that looked like a tumor, who spawned trash mobs that got stronger each time he did it, so the longer you took to beat him the harder it got

actually i got a good smt feeling from that holy pope dude (?) who transforms into , i cant remember his name, but i bet you know what im talking about. its like the first challenging boss of the game. that was my favourite part of the game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

actually i got a good smt feeling from that holy pope dude (?) who transforms into , i cant remember his name, but i bet you know what im talking about. its like the first challenging boss of the game. that was my favourite part of the game

Barthandelus (sp??), ya, i did too. that's also where a lot of people stop playing despite groaning about the handholding up to that point. like, wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That guy dies in that boss fight and then reappears later in a CGI cutscene and then is killed again offscreen in the next set of dialogue because the script wasnt finalized until after all the prerendered cutscenes were made, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or maybe not barthandelus but that happens to somebody.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

when ff13 finally gives you all the party members and lets you pick who you want it feels like goku taking the weights off and fighting more powerful than ever

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

That guy dies in that boss fight and then reappears later in a CGI cutscene and then is killed again offscreen in the next set of dialogue because the script wasnt finalized until after all the prerendered cutscenes were made, lol

thats cool

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I got bored of Lightning Returns about halfway through the game. I did all the main quests that were available and had loads of spare days left which appeared to mean I had to wander aimlessly for 5-6 days if I wanted the story to continue. Kinda killed all my motivation to keep playing at that point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can go to an inn and rest until the finale at that point, which is basically a necessity since the time limit is so incredibly generous

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Boss fights that not only make use of, but require the use of Poison, FTMFW

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mr Snips posted:

I got bored of Lightning Returns about halfway through the game. I did all the main quests that were available and had loads of spare days left which appeared to mean I had to wander aimlessly for 5-6 days if I wanted the story to continue.

U can rest at an inn to pass the time ... to be honest ... i think the game tells you that .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the first thing I'll do is immediately go to an inn and rest until my time is out to see what happens.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Boss fights that not only make use of, but require the use of Poison, FTMFW

this is in lightning returns too

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Honestly I completely forgot the inn mechanic existed. Maybe I'll give it another shot and try to finish it this time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

this is in lightning returns too

Is this how you beat the super boss at the bottom of the day 13 dungeon? I tried him a few times and got obliterated.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

honestly FFXIII games are the only RPGs i can think of that makes poison good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Once I build my new computer FFXIII is one of the first games on my list. 60 gigs of gaming goodness.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

honestly FFXIII games are the only RPGs i can think of that makes poison good

Poison is great in FFX.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I was about to say it wrecks in X as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Once I build my new computer FFXIII is one of the first games on my list. 60 gigs of gaming goodness.

It's absolutely gorgeous on PC, but it's weird because in game stuff will look dramatically better than the CG cutscenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Is this how you beat the super boss at the bottom of the day 13 dungeon? I tried him a few times and got obliterated.

its one way to beat it , i guess its not required but why not use it. i think the last boss can be hit with poison too, and some enemies are best taken down with it, like the big high defense chocobo eater guys in the dead dunes.

• Locked thread