Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
It's a remarkably boring day today. School just ended for the day for those that go there, nothing interesting has happened all day (apart from half the teachers being sick today for some reason), apparently even the Hexenkinder feel like sleeping in. The sun just hangs in the sky, lazily, as you ponder what to do this afternoon, as not even Azra has contacted you... yet. It almost feels too boring. The calm before the storm?

... assuming the storm isn't also feeling lazy, of course.

Ilya

Like clockwork, your routine after finishing school is going home, making and/or grabbing lunch for your father and continuing on to deliver it to him at work. You just arrived at home.

Is the food already made, or do you have to prepare it today? What usually happens every day, but didn't happen today?

Gretchen

By dumb luck, you noticed that the local police has something of Adelheid's. But they completely refuse to say anything about where or when they found it.

What is it that is undoubtedly her's? What are you going to do about the wall of silence meeting you?

Natali

Rumors has it that the Soviets did it again. They incarcerated almost everyone that was at yesterdays concert. You know, the one that you've been to as well. Somebody must have snitched, because they weren't anywhere to be seen back then.

Who do you think is responsible for this? Do you think they'll come after you too?

Paige

Almost exactly five minutes after you arrive at Friedrich's smithy, Zagadka shows up, even before Friedrich returned from his lunch break. Without a word he hands you a piece of paper with precise instructions for some metal work and a surprisingly large amount of money. Before you can look up again, he's gone again, as if he vanished.

What is it that he wants you to make? And why, despite everything, are you incredibly wary of actually making it? Will do or won't you?

Clara

You just barely avoided having to talk to Joanna at the old library. That was close. She almost saw you, there.

Why don't you want to talk to her right now? How did you get into the library of all places? What unsettles you about this situation, which seems mundane enough? What arguably just as unwanted situation did you maneuver yourself into trying to avoid Joanna?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Gretchen

Well, you're at the Dog, but... they say they're closed for today. So much for that plan. The next one, too. And the next one. Is there something important you missed? Like, some weird holiday where you still have to go to school? No way, right?

Clara

"Well, I am listening. What's wrong? Family problems? There are lots of teenagers that run away at your age, you know. It's pretty normal. But, now that I found you I kind of have to return you to your legal guardians. So, if you'd come with me..."

Ilya

With your rucksack in tow, you make your way to your fathers place. You get a few odd looks, but russian children always do. You open the rucksack to find... the lunch that was already at your home. The one you made yourself seems to have vanished. Good thing you checked before going in, huh?

Paige

With the finished object lying in your hand, you are somewhat enchanted by what you just created - you almost forgot to transform back before your master returns.

"Oh, it's you. I was wondering what that was. Light's must be on the fritz again... Oh, uhm, terribly sorry, I know you just got here, but we got some important deliveries. Can you bring these bags to the customers? The addresses are on that little slip of paper on them.

Natali

Bingo! You found the one. His emotions hint at disdain and mild amusement. That's got to be guy, right? Surely, he was already looking forward to getting praised from his superiors for helping lock all these innocent people up.

Conveniently, according to the phantom image, it was the largest, most muscular guy at the concert. Come to think of it, he almost looks like an ex-soldier. You don't know how name but his stature is so unique you'd see him in any crowd. Now it's only a matter of finding him.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ilya

You've been waiting for five minutes now, even repeating your request, but Azra fails to materialize.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ilya

The sandwich tastes pretty good.

And now that it's gone, your own sandwich is back! What the hell?

Paige

First stop: Family Holler. Ringing the bell, nobody responds. You can hear noises from inside, though.

Clara

"... fine. If you aren't back by tomorrow, though, I will totally fail you on that test. And inform your parents of this."

She moves away, Joanna is still busy inside, you're home free! Well, figuratively speaking.

What urgent mundane business do you have to attend to now? Why did you get sidetracked into going into the library in the first place?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Paige

The key works. With the package securely delivered (and probably a very, very confused customer), nothing stops you from continuing on your route.

Gretchen and Clara

Clara turns the corner just in time to witness Gretchen angrily kicking at the door.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Natali

"Petra here. How can I he- Oh, hi Natali. What's up?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ilya

Nothing unusual here. People are sitting in here, doing their work, albeit slowly. Bunch of soldiers, nothing new. Well, there is something new. People started eating german food, even in here! In a mainly russian workplace, that's interesting. Awful lot of sandwiches. Maybe they took a hint from your dad?

Anyway, you make your way to your father's office. Upon hearing you open the door, he turns around immediately.

"Ah, Ilya! Always a sight for sore eyes. How was school?" He looks pretty tired. It's probably the stacks of paperwork getting to him.

Natali

"Big guy? Hmm... Oh yeah, there was this one guy... what was his name, letmegetmylist... Alexander Greger. He's, uhm... ah, I can't remember what class he was in, but he was in our school last week as part of some activity. Sorry I can't be more specific. That's all I know. Maybe ask the teachers about him?"

The Terrible Trio

You arrive at the police station. Same situation as last time - cop at reception, cop infront of the "do not enter" door, bunch of cops going in and out. They seem to be just as bored and negative as before.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 11, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Paige

Well, that went awry. Not only did your intended spell not work, you suddenly have this intense craving to stroke the hair of the nearest human being you can find. It cannot be denied. It will not be denied.

Naturally, this is the timing Zagadka picks to get his item.

"Hello again, Paige. I'm here to pick up my... uhm, what are you doing...?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Paige

"... Fine, I'm not going to ask. You are a strange person, but you certainly deliver. But, to answer you question: What do people use tools for? For their given purpose. People use axes to cut wood, hammers to bend steel into shape and keys to, well, open doors. Can I have it now? I already paid you and everything."

Zagadka approves! Roll to bond if you want.

Clara

Well, you manage to get the window open... buuuuut there's someone on the other side. They're moving to investigate the suddenly opening window.

CHEESE IT! or get discovered, I guess.

Gretchen

"I, uh... Oh god I'm sorry. I, we, uh... we're doing everything we can, I promise. Look, uhm... I can give you the notebook if you really want it that bad we've already used it to get the search dogs on track... please stop crying..." the officer says upon seeing the waterworks.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Gretchen

"Yes, yes. Look, I'm not heartless. Just take it before I decide otherwise."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Paige

"Murder Case? Oh, that. Look, girl, everything gets misused. Are you aware of the history of dynamite? It was supposed to be a superior mining explosive, one which didn't have the risk of exploding when being transported. Did you know what it ended up being used far more often? Killing people. It's inventor never intended this, but it happened anyway. People called Alfred Nobel the merchant of death, even. All because he wanted to make mining safer. He was so disgusted by this that he established the whole concept of the Nobel Price."

He paces around you, calm and steadily, with his arms behind his back.

"Where I'm getting at? At least I'm up front of what I will use your work for. Look, I can get into any place I want anyway. What you're holding right there? It just makes it safer for the people I have to pass by for my work. And if that's not enough, I promise not to use it to kill someone. Is that enough for you?"

Not enough to bond, sadly.

Natali

"I'll keep it in mind. ... Thanks for letting know." Petra says to finish the conversation.

After a few rings, Ms. Müller picks up the phone.

"Müller speaking. Oh, hello Natali! ... Uhm, sure. What do you need?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 11, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Paige

The coins hit him flat in the face, and due to the amount of them, actually knock him over. Somewhat dazed, he mutters "Ah, to be young again..." as you make your 'escape'. Now you're with Gretchen, waiting for Clara.

Ilya

"It's... alright. We just got a major breakthrough in getting hiding dissidents behind bars. Managed to get just about an entire warehouse' worth. Of course that means the paperwork is massive. It just doesn't seem to get any smaller."

He takes out the sandwich and takes a bite.

"It tastes great, as usual. Hmm... I may have to stay at work a bit longer today, so feel free to stay out for longer. But come back before it's dark, yes?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The... Fatal Four?

The terrible trio now has a fourth member: Ilya! She just showed up at the bar as you arrived.

And no, it's still closed. On the way there, you realize that quite a few shops have closed today. Huh.

Natali

"Alexander Greger? Uh, why so specific? Uh... Oh yeah, he was here on behalf of some company. Let me guess, you forgot the name of the company. It's... Gate Security. Do you want to send an application here? Before you do that, you should probably let a teacher see it, you know."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Natali

"They have an office building next to the gate to west berlin, on our side. You can't really miss the giant white letters. But why is it so important?"

Everyone else

Nothing yet! Talk with each other, discuss what you know, decide upon your next move, or so on.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Natali

"Oh! Is that so? Let me check if he's actually here... no, he's not. He's currently out on a job in Sesame Str. 4. You should be able to find him there. He'll be right at the entrance as a bouncer."

Detective Squad

That's not all, actually. Given that the book is filled literally to the brim, she probably got a new diary somewhere. Maybe that person downtown has it? Anyway, it seems to be the best lead for now.

Ilya

You suddenly get a tingly feeling.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 24, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Detective Squad

Nothing notable happens. Ilya gets a few strange looks, but other than that you arrive without issue. As you knock on the door, nobody opens... as before.

Ilya

It kind of feels like something is tickling you, even inside. That kind of feeling seems to come with an urge to move in a specific direction - curiously enough, exactly where you're going.

Natali

The building is one of the more intact buildings around, seemingly prettied up a lot. It was probably something like a sports hall or whatever before. Anyway, there seem to be multiple bouncers, and they all fit the description of Greger somewhat. It's going to be impossible to tell who exactly he is with just looking. The line is pretty large, with multiple rows and a bouncer with a checklist each at the end. Very likely you're going to attract attention, walking up to him and asking him questions. At the very least, it's certain people will be able to listen... and that's not a good thing in East Germany.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Detective Squad

After a while of knocking, someone does open the door. It's... Heidi?!

"Hello. Come in." she says, in an emotionless voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Detective Squad

She doesn't react much to the hug.

"No. Come in, please." Heidi replies, freeing herself from the hug and backpedaling, then holding the door open for you all.

• Locked thread