Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Mimetic posted:

Did QGJ complete the raid yet? I got one attack off with my only 5*, Chewie, before he got wrecked. I don't remember getting a reward box though.

We've completed one Tier V raid and are about to complete our second. You're on the damage board, so expect to receive 500 tokens, 100k gold, and the basic Tier V loot box for folks placing 21-50

Tracula posted:

Also is Rey any good? Pulled her from a datapack last night :woop:

She's definitely in the top 10 strongest characters in the game and may very well be the single strongest. Countless stories of folks saying their 5-star Rey is pulling her weight on a 6 and 7-star arena team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
HothSkiPatrol is a fantastic guild name

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Tracula posted:

How often do guild invites go out anyways? Seems some people have been waiting a bit.

Also is Rey any good? Pulled her from a datapack last night :woop:

I sent out ally requests to the bottom 3 people on the spreadsheet (including yourself), so just accept them and I'll invite you to Goongan

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

cowofwar posted:

HothSkiPatrol is a fantastic guild name
Just saw that on the leaderboard and I agree.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Got Rancor to Phase 3 and did another ~200,000 damage aaaaand client restart. DAFUQ.

There's 59,000 from my first attempt with Trash Team, but not the 200k from the main attempt.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Spent ten minutes grinding through a Baris/Lumi/JC/Dooku/Sidious team halfway through GW, stalling to revive my own dead lumi, and

Client Must Be Restarted.

No, that's not ok. :smith:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Ig-88 at 6*. Should i get him to 7* or go for ST Han?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I decided to go to bed at a reasonable hour instead of doing my raid battles last night and then when I got up today it had just been beaten. :rip: my top 3 spot and good rewards.

E: I can't for the life of me find when the daily doubler for May 4th rolls over. Anyone know where that's listed or just what time it happens so I can make note of it?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Jibo posted:

I decided to go to bed at a reasonable hour instead of doing my raid battles last night and then when I got up today it had just been beaten. :rip: my top 3 spot and good rewards.

E: I can't for the life of me find when the daily doubler for May 4th rolls over. Anyone know where that's listed or just what time it happens so I can make note of it?

It just happened, it is now light side hard battles. It seems to be around 12-1PM every day (PST), the devs don't seem to understand how to schedule things to happen in the future on their servers.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

two_step posted:

It just happened, it is now light side hard battles. It seems to be around 12-1PM every day (PST), the devs don't seem to understand how to schedule things to happen in the future on their servers.

Yeah I thought it was happening later and missed out on one and a half wars worth of goodies. :(

Whatever, I got 6 FOTP and 4 Rey shards off of the new bonus so I'm not complaining.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Free 500 Crystals for some reason? Was this our second Compensation?

Or did they just send the entire community 500 Crystals for 30 minutes of downtime or something? When we got 1,000 for 30+ hours. If that is the case, it might be worth mentioning to Jesse, Mal?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 2, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know how you guys top the dps chart. I just don't get the rancor fight. It says he does devour every 6 turns. So turn 1 I dropped the door on him and as soon as the door came up he ate my Geo Soldier. (HE ALWAYS EATS HIM FIRST) Then later that same battle devour had 3 turns left on it and he just used it on Lumi like it didn't give a poo poo about timers. Then I tried to retreat and they all failed and died shortly after to similar "Devour off cooldown? Eat you anyway"

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The key is hitting him with a speed down debuff and turn meter reduction. There's a tab on the the guild spreadsheet that discusses good characters to use for each phase.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

When he aoes devour CD is reduced by 1 for every member of your team below half health.

Are CDs shared between attempts maybe? He turn one devoured Chewbacca on my second attempt today...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Maybe I'm just bad. I'm using Phasma Lead, Lumi, Geo Soldier, Fives, Eeth Koth. First attempt at him his first turn he devours. So I don't know. Like I said I dropped the door on him, and when he got up he stomped and ate my Geo Soldier. None of my team took ANY damage, let alone enough to go below half health.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It seems buggy, I've seen him use devour when it was still on a 3 turn cooldown.

Also regarding the double drop switch times, the ingame mail says it's between 9:30am and 10:30 am PST. Seems accurate, I was up at 8am today and still had GW double drop.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Inkel posted:

I sent out ally requests to the bottom 3 people on the spreadsheet (including yourself), so just accept them and I'll invite you to Goongan

Got it, thanks.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Reminder that the post-rollover guild activity is light side battles. Also, tomorrow's double event will be dark side hard mode, so have fun with that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Reminder that the post-rollover guild activity is light side battles. Also, tomorrow's double event will be dark side hard mode, so have fun with that.

gently caress yes, lines up with the double rewards that are up right now.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

iGestalt posted:

Free 500 Crystals for some reason? Was this our second Compensation?

Or did they just send the entire community 500 Crystals for 30 minutes of downtime or something? When we got 1,000 for 30+ hours. If that is the case, it might be worth mentioning to Jesse, Mal?

I believe everybody got 500 crystals. Lots of people were having disconnect/crashing issues yesterday.

IGD definitely got shafted on their compensation. You'd think they wouldn't mind showering you guys with crystals since so few people were locked out for that long.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Are you guys running hard mode missions you'd never do just for the bonus rewards?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Ularg posted:

Are you guys running hard mode missions you'd never do just for the bonus rewards?

Ones with good purples

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I ran all the ones with shards of dudes I might theoretically want some day. I don't think hard modes have better drop chances so you're paying 20 energy for the same droprate of a 8 energy regular mission.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I have been doing HMs for people I want shards for and people already maxed for the shard shop. I've actually gotten ~1300 shard shop currency over the last couple of days. I've been thinking about maybe working on Grievous slowly but surely but I've been finding plenty of Vader shards to buy.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Shouldn't you wait for guild rollover? Next is light side mission.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
It begins

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

It begins

This is my dream.

Has anyone beat Darth Maul on Light Hard mode 8? I just get stomped. It doesn't help that light side has so very little CC.

Looking online, it sounds like people are relying on 5ish Jedi comps to do it. Apparently for 8-D (Dooku) you need a tank (Han or Poe - Chewie only has a 1 turn taunt). I still need to get Yoda and JC to 7*, and get Yoda's gear to 9. Bleh.

On the plus side, it sounds like DS 8 hard is a lot easier if you have 7* Daka and Asajj. Daka, Asajj, RG, and Dooku gives you 4 sources of stuns. Phasma is great because AOE slow and TM (also great leader, but I think I'd go with Dooku). If you have a high star/gear/level Talia, she's also good. 86 and GS also bring high damage. Also not a bad idea to bring one of 86, GS, or FOTP for damage.

I'm going to wait until after double rewards to try this out (I think that for guild rewards though you just have to spend the energy -- great time to try to clear new missions).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 3, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Ok so I am leveling and staring up toons to replace my Jedi team. The ones I have on the way up are rey, fives, phasma, and I already have lumi at 7*. Any suggestions on who to fill in the last spot? I was planing on using phasma as the leader. Huge bonus if they are farmable from cantina battles.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Dooku or Geo Soldier.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

Dooku or Geo Soldier.

I have really enjoyed Geo Soldier. I just got Dooku last week and I am trying to get him where he needs to be. Currently I am using Sid as my main.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Why is it always Rey/Luke/Imagoondi and a new guy in the guild shard shop, I want other options :(

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Yeah the guild store feels really half baked. Like they decided late not to put some stuff in there.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hey gang, I came back after a month or two hiatus to see some new stuff. They actually show you what item drops you need and how many you need in the after battle screen, wow! Also I see there are guilds. Any goon guilds open? Anything I should know about new characters or buffs or nerfs?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Hey gang, I came back after a month or two hiatus to see some new stuff. They actually show you what item drops you need and how many you need in the after battle screen, wow! Also I see there are guilds. Any goon guilds open? Anything I should know about new characters or buffs or nerfs?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

Add yourself to the bottom of that, then add the Goongan guild leader as an ally, and from there you can request a guild invite.

Protection is an added thing that's like a second health bar, except it can't be healed. It was added to reduce the speed meta -- and it has opened up the meta a bunch. The best team comp still seems to be: Dooku (L), QGJ, RG, Daka, (GS or Rey). However, Fives and Old Ben are running around all over the place, and they are absurdly good. Anakin is pretty decent these days, and you'll see QGJ or Yoda led Jedi squads. Old Ben is probably the second most frequent leader (behind Dooku).

Raids are the other big change, which are part of being in a guild. You fight the Rancor and get rewards.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
According to reddit, the bonus tomorrow is all the previous bonuses combined. This means you want to save your GW to do tomorrow, as well as any cantina/normal energy. Other stuff that came out today:

Yoda is starting up in 9 days (check the in game countdown)
Wedge Antilles was added, he will be the new arudium character. Supposedly the other characters you might get with him are Luke Skywalker, Hoth Rebel Scout or Lobot.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

rabidsquid posted:

I'll let other people answer your new character, buff/nerf questions, as I came back from a break as well recently and am not super familiar with what's changed overall.

However, if you'd like to get into a goon guild, we have room in Goongan. Just add me as an ally: 131-545-184 (let me know if your in-game name is different from the forums) and I'll send a guild invite your way.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

So currently speculation/random Redditors saying they've datamined info have tomorrow's double event be *everything* across the board. Double GW, LS/DS Hard Nodes, Cantina for May 4th.

It may not happen, but if you can save your GW from today just in case - worst case you do an extra run tomorrow, best case you get 3x double runs!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

FelixReynolds posted:

So currently speculation/random Redditors saying they've datamined info have tomorrow's double event be *everything* across the board. Double GW, LS/DS Hard Nodes, Cantina for May 4th.

It may not happen, but if you can save your GW from today just in case - worst case you do an extra run tomorrow, best case you get 3x double runs!

Don't forget that Guild GW credit starts tonight, so you're waiting on that anyways. Might as well save it for a little longer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Inkel posted:

I'll let other people answer your new character, buff/nerf questions, as I came back from a break as well recently and am not super familiar with what's changed overall.

However, if you'd like to get into a goon guild, we have room in Goongan. Just add me as an ally: 131-545-184 (let me know if your in-game name is different from the forums) and I'll send a guild invite your way.

Okay, I added you. I am either rabidsquid or rabidsquidSA or some variation on there I am sure, but just to be safe my friend code is 839-599-498. Is there any way to see your username in the client? I don't see one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Arena>Ranks shows your name

• Locked thread