Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Metos posted:

Wow the game's been so easy so far I wasn't expecting to get wrecked so badly in the second Challenge that unlocks, where you have to use Attackers only.

I don't have many characters and can't even field a full dark side squad yet, so not having my max-trained Captain Phasma, Chewwie, Consular, or Royal Guard and having to use instead a not really levelled 3* Jawa and 1* lvl1 Ewok along with the Clone Sergeant who I find pretty mediocre really throws me for a loop when the Resistance Trooper and Snowtrooper are the only ones dealing any real damage and then Tarkin 1-shots the entire squad when his ability lock wears off. Tried levelling up those unused characters but they still seem to suck and spending more on them seems a waste since the game is about collecting new ones.

Either way, still surprised how much fun doing anything Star Wars is, even an energy-based microtransaction-grabber. Ally code: 923-857-773

It feels like such an oversight not giving you a full team of 10 to start out. You'll end up running into a wall too early on if you still haven't been able to pull any new characters.

Between the auto battle and the team building mechanics I'm really enjoying this game and will stick with it for a while but I feel it's so hard to justify dropping money on it.

The pricing on the bundles is insane, especially on the Australian version. An $8 Dooku/Greedo pack sounds pretty reasonable when you're first starting off but the next pack you get invited to buy is the $40 Droid one before it jumps to the $160 Force Awakens one (Mace is $60 and Barriss is $80).

I've played a lot of gatcha games and I don't mind dropping money here and there. Paying $60 for a single character and some shards in a game I've just started is a complete deal breaker though when I don't even know how good the characters are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The sub reddit has some guides on how to best the challenges easier. Is that attacker over the one with opress or the one with the general and the Moff? If oppress kill the Droid first and bring one of two healers. Much easier.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Zotix posted:

The sub reddit has some guides on how to best the challenges easier. Is that attacker over the one with opress or the one with the general and the Moff? If oppress kill the Droid first and bring one of two healers. Much easier.
The one with the general and the moff. I managed to do it by just basic attacking through the encounter before it so everything was still up and still took until General Veers was able to call a strike down which thankfully left my Resistance Trooper and Jawa alive, who took him down before he could do it again. Fun to have a damage race like that I'll admit, but not fun to be forced into using 1* lvl1 characters because they just don't let you use the ones you'd clearly focused on up until then, and spending your resources on them to train them to be reliably able to do that one challenge is a waste.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Metos posted:

Wow the game's been so easy so far I wasn't expecting to get wrecked so badly in the second Challenge that unlocks, where you have to use Attackers only.

I don't have many characters and can't even field a full dark side squad yet, so not having my max-trained Captain Phasma, Chewwie, Consular, or Royal Guard and having to use instead a not really levelled 3* Jawa and 1* lvl1 Ewok along with the Clone Sergeant who I find pretty mediocre really throws me for a loop when the Resistance Trooper and Snowtrooper are the only ones dealing any real damage and then Tarkin 1-shots the entire squad when his ability lock wears off. Tried levelling up those unused characters but they still seem to suck and spending more on them seems a waste since the game is about collecting new ones.

Either way, still surprised how much fun doing anything Star Wars is, even an energy-based microtransaction-grabber. Ally code: 923-857-773

If you destroy the droids with them, you get a pretty significant damage buff.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yea, so don't use AOE.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Am I right to assume newbies should spend:

Crystals on energy refills
Light/Dark side energy on gearing up
Cartina Energy on Talia/Chewie
Cantina shards on Old Daka
Arena shards on Sidious (while only doing arena in the last hour or so); and
Ability upgrades on the Consular's heal/Chewie leadership?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Metos posted:

The one with the general and the moff. I managed to do it by just basic attacking through the encounter before it so everything was still up and still took until General Veers was able to call a strike down which thankfully left my Resistance Trooper and Jawa alive, who took him down before he could do it again. Fun to have a damage race like that I'll admit, but not fun to be forced into using 1* lvl1 characters because they just don't let you use the ones you'd clearly focused on up until then, and spending your resources on them to train them to be reliably able to do that one challenge is a waste.

Yeah, you destroy one Droid. Kill one person, kill other Droid, kill second person. The Droid gives a damage buff to all characters except the one who killed it.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The attackers-only challenge is a little odd. You want to kill one of the drones to get an attack buff, then rotate to the bosses, then repeat. It should be a lot more managable if you do that.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
I have the red number alert notification next to my character menu, but I don't know what it wants me to do. Nobody jas equipment to craft or equip, no yellow "not high enough level". No shards to complete, no abilitys to level that I could find. What am I missing?

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the
Just started playing. Ally code is 847-197-178

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Deep Winter posted:

I have the red number alert notification next to my character menu, but I don't know what it wants me to do. Nobody jas equipment to craft or equip, no yellow "not high enough level". No shards to complete, no abilitys to level that I could find. What am I missing?

I think does that even if you have XP items left to use, as well as if there are gear mats that you can combine, even if you still can't make the final product.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Deep Winter posted:

Do you have skills that need to be upgraded?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Does it say 3+? It's a bug.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Ally code is 392-779-593.
Feel free to add me. I need the help!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I missed the Dooku bundle and was farming shards for him but at 2 slots * 3 missions * 12 energy I'm afraid by the time he unlocks I'll be high enough that I'd rather have th and energy for purple gear. With the force awakens heroes is he still worth farming for?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Um. Did I just pull a 4-star Old Daka out of a Bronzium card? I didn't even think that was possible.

She is pretty awesome though.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

You can pull full heroes out of bronizum yea, it's just very rare. I got duplicate chewie from one, which was still worth 25 shards.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Hughlander posted:

I missed the Dooku bundle and was farming shards for him but at 2 slots * 3 missions * 12 energy I'm afraid by the time he unlocks I'll be high enough that I'd rather have th and energy for purple gear. With the force awakens heroes is he still worth farming for?

Though he takes a lot of shards, he is technically unlockable pretty early in if you have insane grinding tolerances. As for whether he's worth it, he's a support which I noticed once someone corrected this post, and he is a piece of the jedi murder sith squad, and his low hp is less of a problem in fights you control yourself. Consensus seems to be his dropoff starts late anyways.

And man i haven't gotten so much as a shard out of a bronzium pack since my first day. I've been considering that 5 dollar daily crystal pack for a few extra chromium rolls. On my first day i got a jedi knight anakin, then nothing but shards since...

Edit: hey i never posted my code (I've added everyone above me I think)
692 116 912

Shoutouts to you early dudes with Sidious, Old Ben and Kit Fisto with 1500-2000 power guys that have been puttin in work.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 22, 2015

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

OxMan posted:

Though he takes a lot of shards, he is technically unlockable pretty early in if you have insane grinding tolerances. As for whether he's worth it, he's an attacker

hes a support.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Hm I've spent my two arena days buying Sidious as is suggested, although I just realised if I do that then I'm probably not going to be able to use every goon's ridiculous 3000 power one as an ally, maybe I should've picked something else.

Also I may have accidentally rejected a few people's ally request because for some reason Decline is on top when Send is the top choice after battles. Whoops!

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Added a bunch of people as allies (274-964-565).

Do you get to choose who you set as your friend's leader or is it just the last leader you used?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Throwing my ally code out: 332-858-457.

Arena is really fun and seems to be a very good way to get crystals.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Metos posted:

Hm I've spent my two arena days buying Sidious as is suggested, although I just realised if I do that then I'm probably not going to be able to use every goon's ridiculous 3000 power one as an ally, maybe I should've picked something else.

Also I may have accidentally rejected a few people's ally request because for some reason Decline is on top when Send is the top choice after battles. Whoops!

You can't use theirs in PvP which is why you are getting him in the first place.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
the Count Dooku shard drop rate is miserable.

Hey my ally code is 853-476-41

added everyone above

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 22, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you bought the Dooku pack and wanted to farm him to 7* it's about 200 days. I'd go on the subreddit for the game and make posts about the hard mode drop rate. I've done it the last few days and I'll keep doing it. That drop rate is loving poo poo. Reddit.com/r/swgalaxyofheroes is the sub reddit. I know for a fact that one employee looks at it daily.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So today the game keeps forcing me into the Tutorial and wont let me skip to sign in with my Google Play account. I had been using my Google account before. Have I lost all my poo poo?

EDIT: Jesus, I straight up had to do the entire tutorial again to get to the point where I could go to Settings and force it to log into Google Play.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 22, 2015

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I didn't think I could after only 8 days of playing but I've broken 500 in the arena (sitting at 443). At 600 shipment things a day I'll have Sidious in another week which is cool, but I wish Old Daka wasn't 80 shards because at roughly 30 cantina fights per 5 shards she takes somewhere in the neighborhood of 700+ cantina fights to unlock, and she's the only other darkside healer.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Kylo Ren is seriously super overpowered.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Harlock posted:

You should see what he did to his dad.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Harlock posted:

Do you have him or just played against him? Looking at his kit, the one ability that hits hard requires him to be at 50% life and I've heard his base stats are low for an attacker.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Does the OP still play?

I'm not sure if how switching between iOS and Android works but if you're on google play and don't have a Samsung device, you can download and run the game through Bluestacks to still get the pack.

You get IG-86 as a character along with 400 gems and a bunch of shards. Pretty good for rounding out that dark side team early on.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just want to reiterate that if you don't spend money on gems you basically hit a progression wall in your 50s. Just calced out 400 energy today. 40 energy per 1 purple piece of gear and you need between 20-60 per item. You do the math. The real problem is there aren't higher level challenges to give out that gear in the game currently. Don't be fooled by fun lightsabers and blasters. There's a very real time sink/ pay wall that shows up rather late.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just tried to add a bunch of people, but here is my Ally Code: 313-466-624

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within
about to add people in order from the beginning of the thread. this game is blowing me away for something that's as non-cash-grabby as it is. ALLY CODE: 667-878-439

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

EA posted:

Heroes’ Holiday Community Event
Have Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes? Join in the first ever community event, the Heroes’ Holiday Challenge! All eligible players must defeat Boba Fett in the Training Droid Challenge an average of two times per day on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday between December 23 and January 1.

If the community can complete this challenge, all players will be given 10 character shards for Rey from Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™! Are you ready to battle Boba Fett? Let the contest begin! More details are available in the official Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes forums here.

After January 1st, the challenge will be over. Download Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes on the Apple App Store™ or Google Play™ store.

Good luck and May the Force™ be with you!

So pretty much every medium to high level player has to run the challenge twice a day for a week so everyone can get ten whole shards. :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Most folks would probably be running it anyway. 10 shards out of 80 is a little weak though..

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You can't look at 80 shards as being competitive though. Realistically it's like 10 shards out of 300+

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Rey looks really good vs non-Dooku but it's going to be a long hard farm from hard mode shards.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The bugs in the game can be loving infuriating sometimes. I just lost a really tight Arena match because my game decided to change targets on me for some loving reason. My last 3 attacks all went against a Sidious, then it randomly changed my target between characters to some loving Jawa. So being in a rhythm, I took a swing at him instead, so my Sidious killshot was healed to full by a healer. Then Sidious got off his AE and it was all downhill from there..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Do we ever get more than 35 friend slots? Sorry if I haven't added some of you but I'm totally full!

New Leaf posted:

The bugs in the game can be loving infuriating sometimes. I just lost a really tight Arena match because my game decided to change targets on me for some loving reason. My last 3 attacks all went against a Sidious, then it randomly changed my target between characters to some loving Jawa. So being in a rhythm, I took a swing at him instead, so my Sidious killshot was healed to full by a healer. Then Sidious got off his AE and it was all downhill from there..

I'm convinced sometimes the game just tells you when you're done. I had an arena match that was going really well until like 9 attacks in a row missed and the enemy did nothing but crit my team to death.

• Locked thread