Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Since I'm so close to finishing Talia, I'm not sure which cantina character I want to start farming next. Possibly Biggs, maybe Magnaguard. He seems like a really solid anti Jedi character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
One day I will have a lightside team full of clone troopers with a jedi healer, and a darkside team full of storm troopers lead by Darth Vader.

You guys are so far ahead of me. I finally got to put a bunch of time in and then I was out of energy.

Edit, this is my phone right now:

Play Galaxy of Heroes until out of energy and timers. Then play Battlefront Base Command until I have energy and timers.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 24, 2015

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Went up against a Poe for the first time in arena, and I got my rear end handed to me like I never have before. Makes me want to switch to Poe and leave Daka as her 4 star self.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I can't imagine there's many people at that level since my barely 40 self with gear lvl 4 and 5 chars sits above 500 in the arena. I have no idea how long the game has been out exactly but i can't imagine being anywhere near that dude with the super talia for like a month without cash on stamina or pulls.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I spent some money on crystals. Won't say that I'm F2P. Honestly the pulls are the worst way to spend crystals. Use them on energy so you can collect guaranteed characters. The game has been soft launched for a while now. There are quite a few PvP ladders going on with crazy high leveled characters that you won't see because of your start date.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The day I can't keep refreshing the arena list for a team 1,000 power below me is the day I break down weeping and never win another arena fight again.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

commish posted:

Went up against a Poe for the first time in arena, and I got my rear end handed to me like I never have before. Makes me want to switch to Poe and leave Daka as her 4 star self.
Ha, I had almost the exact same encounter and manged to barely scrape by. Subsequent Poe encounters have me treating him as priority 1 and it's been totally fine.

I'm sure this will change once I've played for more than a few days, but he was the first real challenge so far.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

I spent some money on crystals. Won't say that I'm F2P. Honestly the pulls are the worst way to spend crystals. Use them on energy so you can collect guaranteed characters. The game has been soft launched for a while now. There are quite a few PvP ladders going on with crazy high leveled characters that you won't see because of your start date.

Guaranteed my rear end. Go hit 12x hard modes and get no shards and say it's guaranteed.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I get what you are saying I farm quite a bit of hard modes. They need their numbers tweaked, and I've said that myself in this thread. I meant more along the lines of cantina farming. 300 crystals a day in cantina goes a long way.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Hughlander posted:

Guaranteed my rear end. Go hit 12x hard modes and get no shards and say it's guaranteed.

Hard mode is the worst way to farm shards. In terms of shards per day, it's probably Galactic War > PvP arena shipments > Cantina/shipments > hard mode.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Tagichatn posted:

Hard mode is the worst way to farm shards. In terms of shards per day, it's probably Galactic War > PvP arena shipments > Cantina/shipments > hard mode.

Yes but we were talking about using gems on energy which I believe precludes GW, and for the most part pvp energy. Cantina can be just as lovely as hard mode when you only need one or two shards left.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Qui-Gon is my PvP MVP. Around gear level 5 he can get extremely short cooldowns on his abilities, and his second one triggers an ally assist at like 50% boosted damage or something. His other one is a cleanse on the enemy which is great for taking Taunt off Chewies.

I think he might be pack only though? I got lucky.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I use 300 crystals on cantina energy per day and 400 crystals on regular energy per day. That gets me pretty far along

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
Join me for the two weeks until I get bored with this game!

572-724-512

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Zotix posted:

I use 300 crystals on cantina energy per day and 400 crystals on regular energy per day. That gets me pretty far along

Jesus christ

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I get 170 a day from the $5 daily deal, and then I get another 200-400 depending on how I do in arena that day. It's always the top 15. Then I drop $20 every 10-14 days on crystals so I have a little pile. I never go above those daily purchases, they get too expensive.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Almost level 50 and running into a wall, got great defensive heroes but really lacking on offense. I've been abusing Poe + Resistance Trooper for massive amounts of Expose damage, but if the procs dont happen i get stalled out really badly. Especially against teams with more than 1 healer and a high level Chewie.

I've got Consular, Barriss, and Luminara leveled as healers

Poe, Biggs, and Resistance Trooper well geared and high level

Chewie, Talia, IG-86, Jawa falling behind a little in gear and levels.

Tusken Raider and Luke both at level 1 with no gear

and nobody else even remotely close to 3*

49/50 on Fives
44/50 on Dooku
50/80 on Sidious

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
Just started playing. Did they end the starter pack bundle containing dooku? I just got offered my first dark side starter pack with Greedo for 5bux. Is he any good?

Edit: he's apparently poo poo and this has been answered on page 2 before. Sorry

iFriend fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 24, 2015

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

I had been refreshing cantina only once per day, but I really should be trying for 2 most likely. Still, I almost have Kylo. I think I'm at 60/80.

I only spend 300 per day on the regular refreshes - I think it's 50/50/100/100 and then it jumps to 200, which I don't do. That's all supported by my arena winnings each day.

What I learned long ago in these types of games is that spending a little bit of money at launch, say, $20, goes a long way because it puts you ahead of the curve, which means you can get higher arena ranks (and whatever other competitive modes there are) as well as GW in this game. That means you collect more gems, shards and other resources faster than anyone else, which means you can maintain your high positions easier, so you get more shards/gems/etc. Spending that same $20 two months after release won't have nearly the same impact.

Wtgamerz
Jan 5, 2005

I tolerate this century
Ally Code: 618-489-468

Still trying to figure out a great team to use for PvP.

Here's my current crew:

5 Star
Sidious
Chewie
Talia

4 Star
Luminara
Leia
Phasma
Vader
Finn
Kylo Ren
Old Daka
Obi-Wan (Old Ben)
Dooku
First Order Trooper
Cade Bane
Jedi Counselor
Admiral Ackbar

I have some others at 3 star that I would love to level like Kit Fisto, Poe D, Asajj, and CT-555, but I feel like I'm already spreading myself way too thin.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Anyone found a resource that shows you what gains a character gets everytime you level up an ability? Like some people get more than just bonus damage 2 upgrades down the line but I'd like to have a plan in my head of who's skills I upgrade first.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think we need OP to edit out that Dooku stuff. Don't waste money if you don't want guys.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

CaptainAssholay posted:

Anyone found a resource that shows you what gains a character gets everytime you level up an ability? Like some people get more than just bonus damage 2 upgrades down the line but I'd like to have a plan in my head of who's skills I upgrade first.

I'm on my phone, but Google galaxy of heroes cantina. They list almost all of the upgrades for each of the heroes.

commish posted:

I only spend 300 per day on the regular refreshes - I think it's 50/50/100/100 and then it jumps to 200, which I don't do. That's all supported by my arena winnings each day.

You can get a third level of regular energy in for 100 before it jumps to 200. You're right though, it's all about your hold on the higher ranks in arena. 10-5 is a lot of crystals daily. I really have a hard time breaking into the top 5 as almost all of the guys in my bracket have 6* or better old Ben.

Greedo isn't bad though. He's like more of an end game character and requires more of a synergy than say Dooku. Dooku will carry you through early and mid, then fall off. Greedo gets stronger as the game goes on.

This game is loving stupid with the defenders advantage. They get crazy saving rolls on everything. All skills proc crazy amounts. Literally every galactic war today had Dakas reviving people and double stunning my team. You know how many times mine double stunned over the course of 9 matches? Zero. You know how many people she revived? Zero. Yet every other persons Daka was proccing left and loving right. Also, the loving saving rolls on people at 5% life. loving 5/6 dodges in a roll. Over and over and then they get healed because you can't loving kill them. Who gives a flying gently caress if you can focus targets down when defenders have magical hidden numbers helping them out.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 24, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How do the gem prizes for Galactic War work? The amount displayed never seems to make any logical sense with what it gives you.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It costs 400 shards, you get 5 pieces of that character. It resets in 6h or you can spend 10 GW currency to refresh it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not that part, I mean when you open the little chests. It regularly displays 200, 400 or even 600 but you only get 100 or 200.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

Zotix posted:

I'm on my phone, but Google galaxy of heroes cantina. They list almost all of the upgrades for each of the heroes.

Just what I was looking for, thanks!

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

This game is loving stupid with the defenders advantage. They get crazy saving rolls on everything. All skills proc crazy amounts. Literally every galactic war today had Dakas reviving people and double stunning my team. You know how many times mine double stunned over the course of 9 matches? Zero. You know how many people she revived? Zero. Yet every other persons Daka was proccing left and loving right. Also, the loving saving rolls on people at 5% life. loving 5/6 dodges in a roll. Over and over and then they get healed because you can't loving kill them. Who gives a flying gently caress if you can focus targets down when defenders have magical hidden numbers helping them out.

Haha, yeah, I almost always start off a match by getting stunned twice by my opponent's Dooku. I mean, every match, double stun. Also almost always get double stunned by their Daka. I would love to know if I am ever getting that same benefit on defense, but, for the first time in any pvp game, we are not permitted to know if we've been actually attacked. Weird design decision.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There's a thread on reddit about the dodges right now. Most people think they are too high. Also, I'm very surprised they did nothing for Xmas. No sales, no events, no indication anything special will happen tomorrow. Very disappointing.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

There's a thread on reddit about the dodges right now. Most people think they are too high. Also, I'm very surprised they did nothing for Xmas. No sales, no events, no indication anything special will happen tomorrow. Very disappointing.

Check your inbox / newsletter for the holiday community challenge.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The most frustrating part of the game right now is retaliation and double attacks. Geonosians get like three attacks per character because of it. I've had half my team wipped out because a boss retaliated and then got bonus hits off the retaliation, then again off the bonus hits.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Check your inbox / newsletter for the holiday community challenge.

I honestly don't think that counts. Yes it's an event, but its a loving poor one. Load up 7 Knights and look at their winter promotion. You could argue that's a ton of poo poo. But what we got from EA on this is very minimal effort. There are a ton of things they could do but it doesn't look like we will get anything other than a few shards for Rey. I'll type out some more later but im in the intermission for hateful eight and I don't want to type a lot more on my phone.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Ularg posted:

The most frustrating part of the game right now is retaliation and double attacks. Geonosians get like three attacks per character because of it. I've had half my team wipped out because a boss retaliated and then got bonus hits off the retaliation, then again off the bonus hits.

It seems like stunning is the only counter to teams built on retaliation and extra hits. If you work on getting one of them stunned, then focus on that one, it cuts down on the overall number of attacks. Otherwise, debuff as much as you can to prevent damage (damage down, speed down, or failing that defense up for yourself).

As a general tip, keep an eye out for unexpected debuffs added to normal skills. For example, Chewie's bowcaster has a chance to remove turn meter on hit, which doesn't help with retaliation but will help with double attacks (keep them from attacking in the first place). I'm really digging ANH Luke and his debuff-on-crit style. He has a chance to get 2x crit chance on every single turn, so when it goes up, hit the retaliating mob (Dooku, etc) with the stun.

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 25, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So I just unlocked HK-47 because I miss KOTOR, and unbeknownst to me, that was all I needed for an achievement to put me over the edge for Darth Vader as well. So.. who do I focus up first? I split all my saved up training dealies and got Vader to like 45 and HK to 37 and was able to gear them to level III on both, but I don't have any level 1 attack upgrade things to get their powers to be worth a drat.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lucky for you in pretty sure that challenge is tomorrow. If not it's Saturday, and then again Sunday.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mezzanine posted:

It seems like stunning is the only counter to teams built on retaliation and extra hits. If you work on getting one of them stunned, then focus on that one, it cuts down on the overall number of attacks. Otherwise, debuff as much as you can to prevent damage (damage down, speed down, or failing that defense up for yourself).

As a general tip, keep an eye out for unexpected debuffs added to normal skills. For example, Chewie's bowcaster has a chance to remove turn meter on hit, which doesn't help with retaliation but will help with double attacks (keep them from attacking in the first place). I'm really digging ANH Luke and his debuff-on-crit style. He has a chance to get 2x crit chance on every single turn, so when it goes up, hit the retaliating mob (Dooku, etc) with the stun.

Thanks. I can't really make any team builds right now, I'm so early on. I still have one open spot on my darkside team cause I only have four characters. So I need to keep 3-starring missions so I can farm character tokens. Because right now I really don't have any missions for the tokens I want.

And I'm playing so much and want to play more but I'm out of energy.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

I honestly don't think that counts. Yes it's an event, but its a loving poor one. Load up 7 Knights and look at their winter promotion. You could argue that's a ton of poo poo. But what we got from EA on this is very minimal effort. There are a ton of things they could do but it doesn't look like we will get anything other than a few shards for Rey. I'll type out some more later but im in the intermission for hateful eight and I don't want to type a lot more on my phone.

Yes but the game just hard launched. Figure 40% is on vacation from that. 40% on xmas vacation, then split what's left among the next feature, bug fixes, and THEN the live team for in game contests and it will be a minimal effort. How long has 7 knights been out that they've had time to polish their live team pipeline and deliver episodic content?

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
Just hit 18 and added all you guys from the previous pages. My Code: 376-634-975

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Yes but the game just hard launched. Figure 40% is on vacation from that. 40% on xmas vacation, then split what's left among the next feature, bug fixes, and THEN the live team for in game contests and it will be a minimal effort. How long has 7 knights been out that they've had time to polish their live team pipeline and deliver episodic content?
About 8 weeks to swgoh 4 weeks. They have loads of contests too. Not just holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ularg posted:

I haven't been playing long enough to hit the retaliation roadblock, but drat those Geonosians.

Second most frustrating thing is when a crew of five stormtroopers all use their AOE to begin a fight; that typically takes down my healer and another offense-heavy character.

• Locked thread