Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I just barely eyeballed the code for a second but it looks like I would add "91 CLS" to clear the screen after the user has input some information but while still leaving what they should need to guess the number on their screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Continuing to utilize this hammer; I will begin to work on my next nail.

91 CLS

141 CLS

Unless I miss my guess that should leave us dealing only with the relevant prompts after we enter the loop (which is what I am kind of assuming is the object of this lesson).

Edit- I guess we still probably want to see Gravity all the time. Maybe I oughta try putting that in there.

Edit 2, Also add in 121 PRINT "GRAVITY= ";G

Hopefully that will make it so that on each iteration of the loop it will remind our user what the gravity is (assuming they failed to guess properly)

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 11, 2015

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't really have any other guesses right now but I am curious; how is this program dealing with bad input? Are letters just ruled out somehow?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

Curiosity question: what level of programming experience do folks in the thread have already? As I mentioned earlier, I'm an old salt at BASIC, and I'm wondering if anyone taking part is learning for the first time.

My interest in this LP is primarily that I have just spent about a semester learning Visual Basic as my first "taught" language (my previous experience being approx. one day messing with c++ with Code: Blocks).

So it is both somewhat familiar to me but also very different since obviously it is making heavy use of GoTo and also isn't Object Oriented.

• Locked thread