Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

There's a thread on arfcom tracking the progress and the posters on the first page who sent theirs in almost immediately hadn't received a check as of when I looked on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

I would download an EOTech, even with the Wandering Zero DLC

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Styles Bitchley posted:

I feel the same way regarding people who are taking advantage of this. If they are asking how much you paid for the sight and you lie about it, regardless of the situation it's still a lie and you're also a d-bag for doing it.

As far as the VW comparison this is a good metaphor for something I was wondering about. For VW there was a clear, measureable standard they advertised their cars to meet, and a standard for testing that. In this case, what performance criteria or specification did L3 violate? Is there some sort of MIL-STD or contract requirements they certified the sights to? Even without i can see for military evaluations there was testing and during trials someone can say it didn't perform as expected in all environments, and simply "we don't like it". But for the general public not so sure and why I was really surprised they were willing to take them back for full refunds.

Read:

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/United-States-v.-L-3-Communications-Eotech-Inc.-et-al.pdf

There were measurable standards, there were also reporting requirements.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Got an email from EOtech at 4am last Friday saying "We have received your package and are processing your refund". It's been about a month since I sent it in.

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Death by Zhanism. So Judged.

Paper Diamonds posted:

Got an email from EOtech at 4am last Friday saying "We have received your package and are processing your refund". It's been about a month since I sent it in.

Same here same day too. Sent about 3 weeks ago.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I guess I'll be watching this to see if it's a check or what. Looks like I bought mine in 2011 for about $450...which means a refund would more than pay for an Aimpoint ACO...but I have no idea if that's the one I'd want. I haven't looked at any of this stuff since I bought the Eotech.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

I sent mine in a week before Christmas via Fed Ex, and received an email yesterday stating that they received the sight and were processing the refund.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

I guess I'll be watching this to see if it's a check or what. Looks like I bought mine in 2011 for about $450...which means a refund would more than pay for an Aimpoint ACO...but I have no idea if that's the one I'd want. I haven't looked at any of this stuff since I bought the Eotech.

$450 will get you an Aimpoint PRO every day, which is a better alternative to the ACO for not much more green. It can also get you a brand new Aimpoint H1 Micro, but you gotta be fast on the trigger when they go on sale/clearance. It can also get you a used Micro H1/T1 if you're willing to F5 the ARFcom equipment exchange every day.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

$450 will get you an Aimpoint PRO every day, which is a better alternative to the ACO for not much more green. It can also get you a brand new Aimpoint H1 Micro, but you gotta be fast on the trigger when they go on sale/clearance. It can also get you a used Micro H1/T1 if you're willing to F5 the ARFcom equipment exchange every day.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm going to start reading up on. And I have no problem waiting for the right deal, once I figure out what the hell I want.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Dead Reckoning posted:

You can get a PRO for as low as 350 from PSA during sales, and about that same price on arfcom's equipment exchange.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Bummey posted:

You can get a PRO for as low as 350 from PSA during sales, and about that same price on arfcom's equipment exchange.
I bought a PRO to replace my 512. Got it for $375 from Optics Planet during a sale. Could have gotten it even cheaper because some guy on AR15.com will give you an optics planet coupon if you post in his thread.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

I think I'm the only person on earth who was unhappy with the PRO, that thing is heavy and bulky as gently caress. It's even too big for my lovely old HBAR AR that weighs like 20 lbs and I never clean. Just save a few bucks for the micro you're gonna be looking at the drat thing for 20 years anyway it's worth the higher premium.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Bummey posted:

Hence the "every day" caveat. Some folks just want to buy an optic now without having to read the goat entrails to see when the next discount is going to start or set up email alerts so they can gank mis-priced sale optics from Cabelas and PSA.

Pryor on Fire posted:

I think I'm the only person on earth who was unhappy with the PRO, that thing is heavy and bulky as gently caress. It's even too big for my lovely old HBAR AR that weighs like 20 lbs and I never clean. Just save a few bucks for the micro you're gonna be looking at the drat thing for 20 years anyway it's worth the higher premium.
The mount is pretty heavy, but the CompM3 and EOTech aren't exactly light either, and I appreciate it for being a cheap, reliable option that's ready to go out of the box with lens caps and mount already assembled.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Has anyone gotten a refund back?

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

of course I sold all my eotechs for less than I paid for them like six months ago.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/02/08/meprolight-eotech-trade-offer/

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

I hope Meprolight is sending them back into EOTech.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

I like the cheeky jab at Eotech, but how can they possibly think they can compete with "MSRP + $15"?

And why is the trade-in value affected by which product you're buying?!

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

People are getting anxiety over lack of timely refund in this very thread. Plenty of people will take Meprolight up on the offer.

emathey
May 18, 2008

Refunds have started.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/11/eotech-update-the-checks-are-in-the-mail/

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Received my check today.

I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

Got mine too

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So it's not a gift certificate or whatever? Good.

I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

Yup actual sign on the back, pay to the order of check for the exact amount I requested

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Professor Awesome posted:

Yup actual sign on the back, pay to the order of check for the exact amount I requested

A friend who submitted his a week or two before I did mine has stated he should of claimed more.

I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

Syrian Lannister posted:

A friend who submitted his a week or two before I did mine has stated he should of claimed more.

poo poo I should have adjusted it for inflation, would have gotten like $475 back instead of $430

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Syrian Lannister posted:

Received my check today.
+1

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

$466.49

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Dang looks like being honest about what i paid gonna cost me about $150.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

So I applied for the refund back in December. Got my return authorization. But then figured I would wait and see what happened. Thought it was gonna end up in a bunch of pissed off Eotech owners that were out their gun optics and were involved in a class action. Only ones who wins in those are the lawyers.

Wonder if I send it in now, if I'd get my refund? Like I said I already have the return authorization. Not really pleased that my optic is now not worth much except to Eotech.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

big_dilli posted:

So I applied for the refund back in December. Got my return authorization. But then figured I would wait and see what happened. Thought it was gonna end up in a bunch of pissed off Eotech owners that were out their gun optics and were involved in a class action. Only ones who wins in those are the lawyers.

Wonder if I send it in now, if I'd get my refund? Like I said I already have the return authorization. Not really pleased that my optic is now not worth much except to Eotech.

What are you waiting for?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

I think he's worried his shadow might attack him on the way to the mailbox or something? Not sure, millennials seem to need to ask permission to go to the bathroom, it helps to just tell them what to do instead of asking in my experience.

spamchicken
Jul 26, 2005
(>^_^(>ó_ò)>

Does anyone know if they're offering refunds for the magnifier, too? I mean, I bought it specifically for my EOTech (at the same time), does it work with any other sight?

edit: yes, I know it states on the refund page, "No magnifiers allowed, sucker."

spamchicken fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 22, 2016

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

spamchicken posted:

Does anyone know if they're offering refunds for the magnifier, too? I mean, I bought it specifically for my EOTech (at the same time), does it work with any other sight?

edit: yes, I know it states on the refund page, "No magnifiers allowed, sucker."

You can use your eotech magnifier with an aimpoint if you were so inclined.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

big_dilli posted:

You should be ok. I got my RMA on December 14th, did not have it delivered until February 25th, and got email confirmation on March 16th my refund was processing and should expect in 3-4 weeks.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

I think he's worried his shadow might attack him on the way to the mailbox or something? Not sure, millennials seem to need to ask permission to go to the bathroom, it helps to just tell them what to do instead of asking in my experience.

Not hardly. Just wondering if the RMA might still be good. Or more to the point, wondering if anyone has sent in their optic recently?

Not asking permission, not even close. Millennial? Nope, not me.

Styles Bitchley posted:

You should be ok. I got my RMA on December 14th, did not have it delivered until February 25th, and got email confirmation on March 16th my refund was processing and should expect in 3-4 weeks.

This right here is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks!

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Submitted 1/4, approved 1/7, check in hand 3/21. Not bad.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Sent mine off today. I've always liked the reticle and I thought the 517 was a well thought-out unit, but between the weight and the battery contact issue and the zero drift, I'd rather have other things for $450.

JCDenton10
Feb 19, 2014

A bomb.

Cashed my check today. It came in late this last week.
Thanks, EOTech!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamchicken
Jul 26, 2005
(>^_^(>ó_ò)>

In case anyone is still waiting for their check, here are my stats:

Requested: 3/22
Shipped: 3/28
Reviewed/Processed: 4/25
Check In-Hand: 6/07

I shipped my Red-dot and Magnifier at the same time - selecting the product "EXPS2-2 G33 HHS2" from their list - because I did technically order both as a combo (on Optics Planet I believe). The reticle on my model was 2-0, but EOTech processed it as normal anyway, no questions asked.

• Locked thread