Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Should I drop Kendrick for Story in standard 12 team Rotis? Kendrick seems more steady but I like Story being in Colorado and everything, plus his minor numbers aren't terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kendrick is kind of an aging JAG with good average now. If you wanna take a stab at Story (assuming Kendrick is a bench bat) then I'd say go for it.

Also you calling it rotis instead of roto is endearing for some reason.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Well its rotis short for rotisserie but yeah I know about roto too.

Kendricks a bench bat and my starting SS is Starlin Castro

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Man. What is you guys thoughts on 1B this year? It looks dire to me, especially with people keeping Rizzo and Davis.
It is kind of making me consider keeping Votto at 30, even though I'm not a huge fan of the price...if only to stay out of the dog fight for the top or having to settle for way lesser options. R, RBI, SB, OPS roto 12 team.

E: Oh poo poo, and Abreu is being kept.
E2: This is very stream of consciousness but I am talking myself into keeping him...esp then looking at 3B and having to fill a corner IF

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 4, 2016

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

ChiTownEddie posted:

Man. What is you guys thoughts on 1B this year? It looks dire to me, especially with people keeping Rizzo and Davis.
It is kind of making me consider keeping Votto at 30, even though I'm not a huge fan of the price...if only to stay out of the dog fight for the top or having to settle for way lesser options. R, RBI, SB, OPS roto 12 team.

E: Oh poo poo, and Abreu is being kept.
E2: This is very stream of consciousness but I am talking myself into keeping him...esp then looking at 3B and having to fill a corner IF

Votto is awesome, I'd consider keeping him at 30, for what it's worth, he was the 2nd best 1B in my league last year, although we have wonky settings. He was actually 3rd in the league for SB for 1B last year, but don't know if I'd count on that again, Goldie's the only one who can really advertise SB help.

R and RBI will probably be down this year with the reds lineup, but if he hits near 30 HR again he'll be fine for those stats and because of his massive OBP he's a great OPS guy. He was 2nd last year with an even 1.000, only .005 behind Goldy, and well above 3rd place Miggy(.974).

How much did guys like Goldschmidt, Rizzo, Davis, EE, Abreu go for last year? $30 might end up being a pretty good price for Votto.

As for 1B as a whole, I think:
tier 1:
Goldy
Votto
EE
Rizzo

tier 2:
Davis
Abreu
A-Gon
Miggy?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Yeah, I didn't realize at the time he was actually the #2 1B last year in our league too. It is almost a fantasy football problem with RB's. I am paying to stay out of the dog fighting and garbage tiers at 1B.
Let's see. In 2015 Goldie was mid-40s (can't see him going for less than mid 50s this year), Rizzo/Abreu are keepers for teams at sub 10$ (still are), CDavis was mid-20s (a high-20s keeper this year), EE was low 30s, and Miggy was like 40.

The Reds line up is funny and a negative, but I think I have completely talked myself into keeping him.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has anyone noticed that ESPN's fantasy baseball is breaking image links for teams and league messages? All the imgur links on three different leagues are showing up as broken.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

:rip: Carter Capps. ahhh the hazards of drafting early.

I drafted 2 more teams over the last week or so. One more PRO20 league, and one just for fun league with a buddy of mine.

PRO20 12 team H2H 5x5

C: Wellington Castillo
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Matt Carpenter
SS: Manny Machado
OF: JD Martinez
OF: Starling Marte
OF: Gregory Polanco
UTIL: David Peralta
UTIL: Randal Grichuk
BN: Kevin Pillar
BN: Steven Souza Jr.

SP: Chris Archer, Adam Wainwright, Marcus Stroman, Shelby Miller, Drew Smyly, Ian Kennedy, Mike Leake
RP: Glen Perkins, Brad Boxberger, Roberto Osuna, Carter Capps :rip:

-----------------

for fun 12 team H2H 5x5

C: Matt Wieters
1B: Chris Davis
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Daniel Murphy (for now vv)
SS: Corey Seager
OF: Bryce Harper
OF: JD Martinez
OF: Justin Upton
UTIL: Gregory Polanco
UTIL: Randal Grichuk
BN: Kevin Pillar
BN: Stephen Piscotty
BN: Logan Forsythe

SP: Gerrit Cole, Jon Lester, Shelby Miller, Jose Quintana, Ian Kennedy, Hector Santiago, Andrew Heaney
RP: Zach Britton, Roberto Osuna, Carter Capps :rip:

I dropped Capps yesterday for the Fernando Rodney Experience (:barf:), and another guy in the league had sent out an email saying he was looking to trade for relievers, so I figured might as well throw something out there.

I offered him Daniel Murphy/Rodney for Kyle Seager.
He countered with Murphy/Rodney/Quintana for Seager/Tanaka.
I mashed.

I drafted Chapman at a decent price (like 130) when there was no criminal charges and welp

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm not a fan of Votto at his ADP in a non OBP league, but that 2nd half he had last season :stare:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm trying to figure out my keepers for this season. I have some good guys but I'm not thrilled about their prices. I can keep between 5 and 9 players and I could use a little help.

League is a 12 team H2H points league and we do an auction draft, here are my choices and their prices:

Buster Posey - $24
Troy Tulowitzki - $28
Bryce Harper - $34
Miguel Sano - $10
Javier Baez - $5
Joe Panik - $10
Carlos Martinez - $9
Steven Matz - $10
Gio Gonzalez - $20
Andrew Heaney - $4
Carlos Rodon - $1
Jonathan Papelbon - $5

I'm definitely keeping Harper, and I want to keep both Posey and Tulo but that's where it starts to get pricey for me so I might just keep one of them. We get $260 for our draft before subtracting keeper prices.

I think I'm going with Harper, Sano, Matz, Martinez, Heaney, Rodon, and Papelbon, and then I have to decide which to keep between Posey and Tulo. Now, I think $28 for Tulo is too expensive, but I have a feeling that anyone comparable to Tulo will be kept by their current owners, so the drop off from Tulo might be pretty big if I try my luck in the draft. I could also try to draft Tulo again for a cheaper price but I feel like that would backfire on me.

Another thing that I'm considering is holding onto Harper for more than just this year. In my league we can essentially sign a player to a contract for as long as we like with a $5 inflation for each year of the contract. So if I wanted to hold onto Harper for this year and next year I would be paying $44 for both years, which I think is a reasonable price for him, but I know it would be a gamble since you can never know if a player will stay healthy or fall off a cliff.

If I keep everyone I want to I'll be looking at about $120 for the draft, which worries me a bit so this is where a little advice will come in handy. I don't know if I'm overlooking something or if I'm crazy for wanting to keep certain people at certain prices, so any suggestions would be great.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I think you definitely keep Harper. I'm not sure I understand the contract thing, are you saying you would be paying $44 this year also?

Keep Sano at $10, keep Rodon, keep Papelbon, and I'd probably keep Posey at $24.

Those are the only ones I'd keep.

The rest of them have higher keep prices than you could get them for.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I think you definitely keep Harper. I'm not sure I understand the contract thing, are you saying you would be paying $44 this year also?

Keep Sano at $10, keep Rodon, keep Papelbon, and I'd probably keep Posey at $24.

Those are the only ones I'd keep.

The rest of them have higher keep prices than you could get them for.

Yeah Harper would be $44 this year too but I'm not doing that. Our deadline to set keepers was at midnight and I ended up keeping everyone you said plus Matz and Martinez.

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007
Hey everybody, just trying to pick your brains for draft strategy. League is 12 teams, no keepers from last year, but there will be keepers at the end of this year. Its a points league, with scoring normal espn scoring except pitcher K's are worth 0.5, and there is no limit to starts. Ive won the last 3 years, mostly with high OBP guys, and by finding really good values in the mid rounds of the draft and with free agents really early in the year.

Basically, what I'm wondering is, how does having no limit to starts, and less points for K's affect everything? Im thinking that it makes IPs and wins even more valuable. So maybe try to target the guys that are on good teams and throw alot of innings? I don't know if i should try to load up on SPs, but i have a feeling thats going to be what others try to do. If so, maybe i can get some position players for a good deal. Also, i think that this kinda removes alot of value from late inning pitchers who dont close, like Betances. Hoping that others won't realize that, and theyll take them too early.

I guess im kinda thinking out loud, but if you guys have any ideas, id appreciate it.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

What are the keeper rules? Also, no start limit is going to get very obnoxious.

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007
its going to be 3 keepers, no other rules regarding them. I forgot to add, theres a 7 transaction limit per week though, so that should keep the number of starts kind of in check. Basically, last year there was a loophole regarding the 12 start/week limit, and everyone was super pissy about it, so this kinda takes that out of play.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Torbo posted:

its going to be 3 keepers, no other rules regarding them. I forgot to add, theres a 7 transaction limit per week though, so that should keep the number of starts kind of in check. Basically, last year there was a loophole regarding the 12 start/week limit, and everyone was super pissy about it, so this kinda takes that out of play.

Is there a total acquisition limit for the season? FAAB? Otherwise 7 transactions is still a ton. If there's no yearly acquisition limit, I'd pay for some top notch starters, and then draft a few lottery ticket starters. Then I'd leave a couple spots open to streaaaaaam the poo poo out of that league. Get 2-3 really good starters who you can rely on weekly, then try to just

If you don't do it, someone else will. 7 extra starts for a SP in a points league is huge. I'm not familiar with the normal points settings, but do you get 3 points for a win or something? Negative points for ER, BB, L, etc?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Doltos posted:

Should I drop Kendrick for Story in standard 12 team Rotis? Kendrick seems more steady but I like Story being in Colorado and everything, plus his minor numbers aren't terrible.

Story isn't going to be up until June (even when Reyes is suspended) so I can't imagine keeping him rostered that long in 12 team mixed.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Trading for fat Dan Vogelbach in my dynasty, man I hope Boston likes him as Ortiz's replacement...

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I thought he was on the Cubs, did he get traded?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what's moncada's timeline? 2017, right?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

weas posted:

I thought he was on the Cubs, did he get traded?

Just wishful thinking.

Yeah Moncada would be 2017 at the earliest you'd think.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Standard 8 team ESPN H2H:

C: Nick Hundley
1B: Freddie Freeman
2B: Dee Gordon
3B: Adrian Beltre
SS: Ketel Marte
MI: DJ LeMahieu
CI: Justin Turner
OF: Ben Revere, Michael Brantley, Christian Yelich, Ender Inciarte, Denard Span
UT: Josh Harrison
BN: Jose Reyes

SP: Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Corey Kluber, Jacob deGrom, Stephen Strasburg, Jose Fernandez, Yu Darvish
RP: Dellin Betances, Andrew Miller, Tony Watson, Carson Smith

This is the first time in years I've drafted any SP... this should be fun!

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Do the "Win 6-4 every week" H2H teams actually work full-season? Always seemed to me like a recipe to having a .500 team since you can't do better than 6 wins in any week, but you can certainly do worse if some bad luck comes your way.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So here's my roster in a 5x5, H2H keeper league. Keeper deadline is tomorrow, draft is March 31. Am I doing anything incredibly stupid with these keepers? (I somehow won the league last year.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Timby fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 12, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Why are you keeping kipnis what

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Also tulo I guess is there any rounds tied into anything?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Yeah we need a lot more information than that.

You would definitely want to keep Pollock and Frazier over Kipnis, all else being equal.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

don't forget blackmon

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

weas posted:

Do the "Win 6-4 every week" H2H teams actually work full-season? Always seemed to me like a recipe to having a .500 team since you can't do better than 6 wins in any week, but you can certainly do worse if some bad luck comes your way.

I've only ever done rotisserie baseball but in basketball I punt categories constantly. If I can guarantee a 5-4 in 9 cat and usually get a 6-3 or better I almost always make the playoffs. It's really easy to do too. Just don't take risks and draft consistent contributors across the board for insurance against injuries.

Winning the playoffs is a different matter.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Does anyone know on Yahoo fantasy where you can tell what players are entering the database, or about to be put on waivers or whatever?

I don't like fantrax much and their UI is putrid, but it's sure nice having almost every player available.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
It's a league setting:

This league is set to wait until called up (although a few players are available to draft before they've ever been called up. :iiam:)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Interesting, thanks for the explanation senor.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Any good podcasts yall would recommend?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fangraphs Sleeper and the Bust is probably the top one

CBS Fantasy Baseball Today & ESPN Fantasy Focus are alright.

Flags Fly Forever (BP) is a little rough but still gives some good info.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'd agree, Flags Fly Forever, There is No Offseason and ESPECIALLY the ESPN one can be pretty cringe worthy. At least the first 2 can also be funny. Also from BP is Effectively Wild that's boringly acceptable, and their preseason talks with beat reports can be interesting and useful especially in deeper leagues.

CBS is all around good if bland, and the Razzball one is once again a little dorky but can be funny and very informative.

Agree on the Fangraphs one being the best, Eno Sarris is a boss.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 13, 2016

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Oh god. Poque and I had our draft last night and apparently when I am drunk I draft infinite SPs and ZERO steals.
My rotation is: deGrom, Cole, Carrasco, Richards, Ventura, Iwakuma

E: trades starting! Giving deGrom and getting Pollock is obvious, right?

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 13, 2016

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Once again league format matters a lot.

Even 5x5...I dunno man, deGrom was scary good and guys with Pollock's power bore me for early round value, imo that also feels like a potential career year for him he's not that young...projections are always conservative but zips and steamer expect the power, average, steals and counting stats to scale back significantly.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 13, 2016

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
R,RBI,SB,OPS
IP,ERA,WHIP,K (162 start limit)

They both have similar keeper values too.
I'm kinda desperate for steals since I drafted none. But this seems to make some good sense to me. I mean my fallback from degrom is cole AND carrasco.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jesus, I wouldn't be that desperate for steals, they're one of the easiest things to pick up on the cheap typically.

What's the rest of your roster like?

Oh I've never played 4x4 to be fair, that's some intense poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Let's see...
C: d'Arnaud
1: Votto
2: Schoop
SS: Tulo
3: Wright (oopf, definitely was drunk if I drafted Wright)
CINF: Myers
MINF: Desmond
OF: Harper
OF: Kemp
OF: Granderson
OF: Conforto
OF: Werth
U: Ethier/Odubel Herrera

I guess the downside is that I have a ton of OF players right now. I'd probably be dropping...Ethier I guess.

• Locked thread